Like his entire presidency...

TPS

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! What a revelation....what a SCOOP! You mean before the PUSA interviews 11 men and women someone preps those being interviewed with information about how it will be done and how the questions will be asked? WOW!!!!!

Jesus...its called a "PRE-INTERVIEW" and pretty much anybody being interviewed on TV, from the guy down at the local gas station being asked about high gas prices on the local news down to a guest on Letterman goes through it.

Try again.

Scripted

475705[/snapback]

Seriously, the dumbest non-controversy I can remember. Wow, they prepped the troops for a teleconference with the President? You mean they weren't just going to wing it?? Gosh, I wonder if any other interviews I've seen on TV have had any prep done with the interviewer and interviewee??? I know if I was on national TV, let alone talking to the President, I wouldn't need any preparation whatsoever, because it would all come so naturally to me and anyone else who isn't on TV for a living.

You have to be a complete !@#$ing retard to think this is a big deal.

Jesus...its called a "PRE-INTERVIEW" and pretty much anybody being interviewed on TV, from the guy down at the local gas station being asked about high gas prices on the local news down to a guest on Letterman goes through it.

475712[/snapback]

Actually, that's not true. I was interviewed at the local gas station being asked about high gas prices, and I wasn't pre-interviewed.

Agreed. This is a non-issue. Feeding them answers would have been shady, but just allowing them to plan for the questions the Prez was going to ask them is standard. They were able to give their own answer. Brian Williams on NBC made it out like the Admin hired actors and dressed them up as soldiers...

Now those "impartial American citizens" lobbing the scripted softball questions at the "town meetings" are another story...

WOW!!! What a revelation....what a SCOOP! You mean before the PUSA interviews 11 men and women someone preps those being interviewed with information about how it will be done and how the questions will be asked? WOW!!!!!

Try again.

475712[/snapback]

Its called a rehearsal. Do you think these soldiers were selected randomly? Do you think there was no discussion at all as to what they were going to say? Do you think the President's, expecially this one's, handlers would allow him to field any tough questions let alone surprise questions during a photo-op like this?

Not a chance.

The story is not a scoop nor a revelation, just another example of this President's inability to think on his feet. He didn't invent the choreographed photo-op but his reliance on same to the virtual exclusion of unchoreographed events is remarkable.

Try again.

475712[/snapback]

The whole event, including the soldiers' answers, were scripted. That's a wee bit different than prepping for an interview.

And last time I checked, a late night interview consisting of Letterman setting up Cameron Diaz to promote her new movie is a little different than the president wanting to speak to soldiers to get their opinion on the state of operations in Iraq. Given that the answer's were written by W's staff, what kind of answers do you think the shrub was looking for? :o

The whole event, including the soldiers' answers, were scripted.  That's a wee bit different than prepping for an interview. 

And last time I checked, a late night interview consisting of Letterman setting up Cameron Diaz to promote her new movie is a little different than the president wanting to speak to soldiers to get their opinion on the state of operations in Iraq.  Given that the answer's were written by W's staff, what kind of answers do you think the shrub was looking for? :o

475811[/snapback]

Were the soldiers given the answers tot he questions?

NO.

So they WERENT scripted.

The whole event, including the soldiers' answers, were scripted.  That's a wee bit different than prepping for an interview. 

And last time I checked, a late night interview consisting of Letterman setting up Cameron Diaz to promote her new movie is a little different than the president wanting to speak to soldiers to get their opinion on the state of operations in Iraq.  Given that the answer's were written by W's staff, what kind of answers do you think the shrub was looking for? :o

475811[/snapback]

Where, in the article, do you see that the answers were scripted? I read the article a couple of times and I did not see that the answers were given to the soldiers. The order in which the soldiers were called on was scripted, but where does it say that the soldiers were told exactly what to say and how to say it?

Its called a rehearsal.  Do you think these soldiers were selected randomly?  Do you think there was no discussion at all as to what they were going to say?  Do you think the President's, expecially this one's, handlers would allow him to field any tough questions let alone surprise questions during a photo-op like this?

Not a chance.

The story is not a scoop nor a revelation, just another example of this President's inability to think on his feet.  He didn't invent the choreographed photo-op but his reliance on same to the virtual exclusion of unchoreographed events is remarkable.

475798[/snapback]

This coming from a guy (I presume) who voted for someone they wouldnt let make a facial expression without being told to do so.

Give me a break. GWB is bad at "thinking on his feet"....in front of a camera or audience. Sure. But to say that what what was done is some kind of indictment on him is insane. Do you HONESTLY believe that with media and technology for carrying it being what it is today this would have been handled in a significantly different manner if someone else was President?

Where, in the article, do you see that the answers were scripted? I read the article a couple of times and I did not see that the answers were given to the soldiers. The order in which the soldiers were called on was scripted, but where does it say that the soldiers were told exactly what to say and how to say it?

475821[/snapback]

I saw the video on network news last night while flipping channels. The woman (a Bush staffer) was asking the questions and the troops were being coached on their response.

Then she told them that if the president strayed from the script, that a particular soldier should be given the mic because he did well in the canned responses and he had earned "the chance to shine."

This PR stunt blew up right in the silly smirking face of W, but I know there will be some people who will fall over themselves trying to defend it.

I saw the video on network news last night while flipping channels.  The woman (a Bush staffer) was asking the questions and the troops were being coached on their response.

Then she told them that if the president strayed from the script, that a particular soldier should be given the mic because he did well in the canned responses and he had earned "the chance to shine." 

475882[/snapback]

What a scandal!!!!!!!!! They wanted the mic to go to someone who would do the best job!!!!!!!!

:o

I saw the video on network news last night while flipping channels.  The woman (a Bush staffer) was asking the questions and the troops were being coached on their response.

This PR stunt blew up right in the silly smirking face of W, but I know there will be some people who will fall over themselves trying to defend it.

475882[/snapback]

You're right Chris. The only people who ever should be allowed to speak are you and Mickey. You ever been around an event like that? I've been around similar things under democratic admins too. The point is for no one involved to look like idiots. And also the bastion of fair reporting - 60 minutes - Mike Wallace himself, as well as his producer PRACTICED and reshot (spontaneous) field interviews until they got what they wanted. We (Wallace, his producer and a couple folks from our side) had beers at a local Gasthouse the night before discussing what they were going to shoot and how, and what the flavor of the story was going to be. I was standing there the next day watching, as I had provided the producer with a lot of the background info they were asking questions from. So, if this is a big deal to y'all - so be it and wave your Bush Bad flags.

What a scandal!!!!!!!!!  They wanted the mic to go to someone who would do the best job!!!!!!!!

:o

475908[/snapback]

Well, it must be a scandal if Fox carried it... :D

Just typifies what will end up as one of the worst presidencies in history. Seems many on the right are jumping ship after his latest bad decisions; never happen here though. Someone needs to start posting the anti-"Bush Bad" post--

"Bush can do no wrong."

foxnews