Like his entire presidency...

TPS

Well, it must be a scandal if Fox carried it... :o

Just typifies what will end up as one of the worst presidencies in history. 

475917[/snapback]

....even though you can't explain what was so bad about it. None of the supposedly "outraged" people can.

Press conferences are rehearsed. Teleconferences for the sake of the media are rehearsed. Wow, amazing, what incredible investigative reporting.

What's next? Is there going to be a front page expose about how President Bush has speechwriters??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....even though you can't explain what was so bad about it.  None of the supposedly "outraged" people can.

Press conferences are rehearsed.  Teleconferences for the sake of the media are rehearsed.  Wow, amazing, what incredible investigative reporting.

What's next?  Is there going to be a front page expose about how President Bush has speechwriters??

475923[/snapback]

You'll have to excuse TPS. He often lifts his skirt to show his little liberal.

I saw the video on network news last night while flipping channels.  The woman (a Bush staffer) was asking the questions and the troops were being coached on their response.

Then she told them that if the president strayed from the script, that a particular soldier should be given the mic because he did well in the canned responses and he had earned "the chance to shine." 

This PR stunt blew up right in the silly smirking face of W, but I know there will be some people who will fall over themselves trying to defend it.

475882[/snapback]

Wait a second...thisis not waht took place at all.

So, if this is a big deal to y'all - so be it and wave your Bush Bad flags.

475916[/snapback]

It's not really too terribly hard to figure out is it?

1. The President's poplualrity is at all time lows

2. Stage a PR event.

3. It blows up.

4. ?????

5. Profit

But like I said, keep trying to say it's something other than a failed PR stunt. People believe you. :o

Yeah, it is.  I saw the videotape of it.

475949[/snapback]

I just watched another video and I saw NOTHING where the soldiers were told what to say in regards to their answers.

Ive seen them go over who will handle each question.

Ive seen them discuss how to answer each question to ensure Bush and the soldier dont speak over each other.

Ive seen them discuss how the soldiers will introduce each other

Ive seen them discuss what type of questions will be asked.

I have not seen ONE SECOND of footage of an answer being read back to this DoD person and her saying anything like "No...answer that question like this."

2. Stage a PR event. 

3. It blows up.

4. ?????

5. Profit

But like I said, keep trying to say it's something other than a failed PR stunt.  People believe you. :o

475947[/snapback]

Not saying it wasn't. As CTM and myself have often pointed out, this administration has the worst marketing plan of any since Nero. What I'm saying is that to one degree or another, crap like this is almost never impromptu - no matter who is doing it. It is not a Bush only phenonenum.

2. Stage a PR event. 

3. It blows up.

4. ?????

5. Profit

But like I said, keep trying to say it's something other than a failed PR stunt.  People believe you. :o

475947[/snapback]

Actually he is up to 43% on zogby from his all time lows last month. :D

Not saying it wasn't. As CTM and myself have often pointed out, this administration has the worst marketing plan of any since Nero. What I'm saying is that to one degree or another, crap like this is almost never impromptu - no matter who is doing it. It is not a Bush only phenonenum.

476011[/snapback]

But Nero could play a flute. :o

Actually he is up to 43% on zogby from his all time lows last month.    :o

476012[/snapback]

Guess he has a chance at a third term, then.**

**I guess I'm just not sure why I'd care what my approval rating was if I couldn't run again. Call me crazy.

**I guess I'm just not sure why I'd care what my approval rating was if I couldn't run again.  Call me crazy.

476022[/snapback]

Isnt that one of the implied benefits of a second term? You *kind of* get to do what you want, polls and "opinion" be damned.

**I guess I'm just not sure why I'd care what my approval rating was if I couldn't run again.  Call me crazy.

476022[/snapback]

Tell that to the Repub Senators and Reps that are up for reelection next year. At the rate his popularity is dropping, he'll be stumping for them with single digit approval ratings.

Sorry, liberals, but here comes a giant spoonful of reality....

Link

Yesterday, I (bottom right corner in the picture) was chosen to be among a small group of soldiers assigned to the 42ID's Task Force Liberty that would speak to President Bush, our Commander-in-Chief. The interview went well, but I would like to respond to what most of the mass-media has dubbed as, "A Staged Event."

First of all, we were told that we would be speaking with the President of the United States, our Commander-in-Chief, President Bush, so I believe that it would have been totally irresponsible for us NOT to prepare some ideas, facts or comments that we wanted to share with the President.We were given an idea as to what topics he may discuss with us, but it's the President of the United States; He will choose which way his conversation with us may go.

We practiced passing the microphone around to one another, so we wouldn't choke someone on live TV. We had an idea as to who we thought should answer what types of questions, unless President Bush called on one of us specifically.

President Bush told us, during his closing, that the American people were behind us. I know that we are fighting here, not only to preserve our own freedoms, but to establish those same freedoms for the people of Iraq. It makes my stomach ache to think that we are helping to preserve free speech in the US, while the media uses that freedom to try to RIP DOWN the President and our morale, as US Soldiers.