Classless moveon.org hits an all time LOW

What the hell are you smoking lately tom? are you on crack or is that some perscription based meds that you are on?

36307[/snapback]

An ironic post given the subject of this thread. You never cease to amaze. Go look up "class" in the dictionary. It falls between "bonehead" and 'hypocrite."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Enough with bitching about the 60 second swift boat adds!  Bush had a two hour anti-Bush propaganda movie get all sorts of media attention and awards.  WTF?

36448[/snapback]

I will continue to consider the ads to be total crap, and the movie that I won't see I will also consider total crap... That's what you get from extremists during an election year!!! :angry:

But don't something like three congresscritters have family over there?  Didn't Michael Moore find out something like three congresscritters have family over there?

35393[/snapback]

I cringe having to say this... :angry:

What do you mean?

I think Tim Johnson (SD) (I think that is the congressman's name) is the only one that has immediate family over there that is enlisted.

I guess everyone can find somebody they know or are related to.

Do they rise above it by not having kids there?

Maybe the vet politicians steer their own kids away from active service?

My father is a vet (not a politician) and actively steered me away form the service.

I am sure it (discouraging enlisting and opting for college) goes on as one's family begins to climb the social-economic ladder.

????

An ironic post given the subject of this thread.  You never cease to amaze.  Go look up "class" in the dictionary.  It falls between "bonehead" and 'hypocrite."

36444[/snapback]

um excuse me there mr thought police. Tom was the one who attacked me. He has been doing it constantly and to tell you the truth I am getting sick of it. I started a thread, and made comment, I attacked no one on this board. The fact is tom has the ass for me, and he always has, and he feels the need to make stupid immature statements and comments about everything I post. Little of it actually deals with the content of the thread, just toms willingness to show his ignorance on my behalf whenever he can.

Now that is not to say that some of the stuff that tom spews out there from time to time does not make sense, or it may even have some remote relevance to the topic. But for the most part he just typically likes to be an ass, and I guess it makes him feel good at some level.

For example, just last week he was outright called me a liar because I posted a thread and did not provide the reader with every possible detail. Umm, I thought thats why we attach a link so people can actually read it for themselves. My comments in the thread were baically giving my opinion, and it in no way tried to mislead or give any falsehoods. Now tom, in his condesending way did not simply make a comment about the thread, he attacked me personally. Outright called me a liar, and an untrustworthy person. With all due respect he can kiss my ass. I am niether a liar nor a untrustworthy person, and I definately do not need someone like him saying otherwise.

That is basically all I have to ay about that.

um excuse me there mr thought police. Tom was the one who attacked me. He has been doing it constantly and to tell you the truth I am getting sick of it. I started a thread, and made  comment, I attacked no one on this board. The fact is tom has the ass for, he always has, and he feels the need to make stupid immature statements and comments about everything I post. Little of it actually deals with the content of the thread, just toms willingness to show his ignorance on my behalf whenever he can.

Anyone who can translate this paragraph into something I can understand, feel free.

Now that is not to say that some of the stuff that tom spews out there from time to time does not make sense, or it may even have some remote relevence to the topic. But for the most part he just typically likes to be an ass, and I guess it makes him feel good at some level.

The irony of you posting that paragraph is positively boundless.

For example, just last week he was outright calling me a liar because I posted a thread and did not provide the reader with every possible detail. Umm, I thought thats why we attach a link so people can actually read it for themselves. My comments in the thread were baically giving my opinion, and it in no way tried to mislead or give any falsehoods. Now tom, in his condesending way did not simply make a comment about the thread, he attacked me personally. Outright called me a liar, and an untrustworthy person. With all due respect he can kiss my ass. I am niether a liar nor a untrustworthy person, and I definately do not need someone like him saying otherwise.

That is basically all I have to ay about that.

38312[/snapback]

Yeah, you're not untrustworthy. Just a thief and a partisan parrot, not unlike those you rail so hard against on the other side of the aisle.

Anyone who can translate this paragraph into something I can understand, feel free.

The irony of you posting that paragraph is positively boundless.

Yeah, you're not untrustworthy.  Just a thief and a partisan parrot, not unlike those you rail so hard against on the other side of the aisle.

38329[/snapback]

Yea nice response there AD. Quality stuff. I expected nothing less from you. If you can't deal with the facts, then muddy the water. Effective strategy, but weak at heart.

What I said about tom is true, and he does it to many others on this board as well. He, like you do nothing more then sit around all day looking for people to make your stupid comments to. It OK, we all know who you are and what you are.

Again, I have said my peace, and that is enough for me.

um excuse me there mr thought police. Tom was the one who attacked me. He has been doing it constantly and to tell you the truth I am getting sick of it. I started a thread, and made comment, I attacked no one on this board. The fact is tom has the ass for me, and he always has, and he feels the need to make stupid immature statements and comments about everything I post. Little of it actually deals with the content of the thread, just toms willingness to show his ignorance on my behalf whenever he can.

38312[/snapback]

Let's review, Richie:

You posted something that ignored half the facts on the subject.

That something turned out to be untrue.

I pointed out that, in wilfully posting untruths, you were once again dishonest.

And your response is "Tommy boy is being mean to me! He can't stay on-topic! Wah wah wah!"???

First off, I'm not being mean. I'm holding you to a basic standard of honesty that I have many other mouth-breathing pinheads on the board. The predicate act here, Richie, is that you were dishonest again. Don't blame me for it.

Second, the topic was your post on the Moveon.org ad...and how your interpretation of it was "incorrect" because you omitted important information. My post was completely on topic.

Thirdly..."Wah wah wah." Oh, shut up and take some !@#$ing responsibility for yourself, you crybaby.

Let's review, Richie:

You posted something that ignored half the facts on the subject.

That something turned out to be untrue.

I pointed out that, in wilfully posting untruths, you were once again dishonest.

And your response is "Tommy boy is being mean to me!  He can't stay on-topic!  Wah wah wah!"???

First off, I'm not being mean.  I'm holding you to a basic standard of honesty that I have many other mouth-breathing pinheads on the board.  The predicate act here, Richie, is that you were dishonest again.  Don't blame me for it. 

Second, the topic was your post on the Moveon.org ad...and how your interpretation of it was "incorrect" because you omitted important information.  My post was completely on topic.

Thirdly..."Wah wah wah."  Oh, shut up and take some !@#$ing responsibility for yourself, you crybaby.

38378[/snapback]

Tom come on you are really starting to embarrass yourself here. What did I post that was untrue? The soldier shown in the picture was in a surrendering position, where the hell is the lie? I was not willingly posting half truths, I was making my post based on the picture that came out of an upcoming moveon.org ad. Again, where the hell is the lie. In this respect you are no different then dan blather. You want there to be something in my post that is a lie soooo bad, that you will jeopardize your otherwise good sense to make it so. Again, embarrassing is the only word that comes to mind here.

By the way my response to that post was not that tommy was being mean to me. Now you are posting lies, half truths, and otherwise dishonest statements. You should be careful; I see a statement coming, ala CBS news coming soon.

Finally, tom grow up, if you cannot take a little criticism then perhaps you should consider taking a less combative position with those who you deem to be below you.

What did I post that was untrue? The soldier shown in the picture was in a surrendering position, where the hell is the lie? I was not willingly posting half truths, I was making my post based on the picture that came out of an upcoming moveon.org ad.

I wouldn't say you deliberately lied, I would say you misrepresented the truth based on incomplete information to fit your agenda (kind of like Bush and Iraq). I ask that you watch the ad in full, and then tell us if you think the soldier is surrendering, or holding his weapon and arms up to keep them from sinking into the quicksand.

Yea nice response there AD. Quality stuff. I expected nothing less from you. If you can't deal with the facts, then muddy the water. Effective strategy, but weak at heart.

What I said about tom is true, and he does it to many others on this board as well. He, like you do nothing more then sit around all day looking for people to make your stupid comments to. It OK, we all know who you are and what you are.

Again, I have said my peace, and that is enough for me.

38341[/snapback]

Thanks Rich. There's little better than having someone I hold in such high esteem insult me for things they themselves are actually guilty of.

The reason he does the same thing to so many others is because they are just like you. They fall on either end of the political spectrum and quote half truths or blatant lies as if the came from the quill of Jesus himself. The best part is when they argue like defensive toddlers trying to get the toys the others are already playing with.

• 7 months later...
The reason he does the same thing to so many others is because they are just like you.  They fall on either end of the political spectrum and quote half truths or blatant lies as if the came from the quill of Jesus himself.  The best part is when they argue like defensive toddlers trying to get the toys the others are already playing with.

38510[/snapback]

You know, I actually thought you were a pretty cool guy until you started sticking up for DC Tom. Now I'm beginning to wonder whether you just like bullying for the sake of bullying, and have a natural affinity to others who are the same.

You know, I actually thought you were a pretty cool guy until you started sticking up for DC Tom. Now I'm beginning to wonder whether you just like bullying for the sake of bullying, and have a natural affinity to others who are the same.

343792[/snapback]

Hold on. I'm now starting to care about your opinion.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Nope. It was just gas. Sullivan's steak and peppers for lunch with horseradish mashed and french onion soup. It was better going down.

My life has never been based around the need for acceptance from anyone. Peer pressure is for other people. That gives me the ability to call "bull sh--" when someone like RiO spews the ridiculous party line day after day simply because he's not able to regularly think for himself. I've been called a Nazi by hard core liberals and conservatives alike. That's a pretty good batting average, methinks.