Where's the Lindell Love

Anyone else (besides me) willing to give Lindell some credit for today's win? Another mistake free game AND a 47 yarder that doesn't go wide right. I'm not sure that he's the best kicker in the NFL but I'm glad he's kicking for the Bills.

Without his field goal we might have been looking at OT today. Thanks RL, we live to fight another day...

Anyone else (besides me) willing to give Lindell some credit for today's win?  Another mistake free game AND a 47 yarder that doesn't go wide right.  I'm not sure that he's the best kicker in the NFL but I'm glad he's kicking for the Bills.

Without his field goal we might have been looking at OT today.  Thanks RL, we live to fight another day...

471362[/snapback]

Point well made. Cheers to Lindell for making a kick that drastically affected the approach at the end of the game for the Dolphins.

This was a turning point kick for my confidence in Lindell. Even after the hot start he still wasn't kicking anything past 45, and none of the kicks were late pressure kicks. Then he missed last week and I really felt it killed any confidence the lackluster offense had.

But his 47 yarder today accomplished two things, for one it was a distance he has struggled at, and two we had a ton riding on the kick.

Big props to Lindell today

Bump.

RL is da man.

40-49 yard history

2000 7-8 87%

2001 6-14 42%

2002 4-5 80%

2003 3-7 42%

2004 1-3 33%

2005 4-5 80% (only missed NOLA)

His history is sporadic, very good seasons followed by very bad ones. This year is tracking to be a very good one.

It was a good kick, but there was really no pressure in it for him. If he missed, we still would have won the game. There was no way the Fish would have kicked with ~1:45 seconds remaining. RB would have still fumbled, yada, yada, yada...

When he makes that type of kick from that distance when we are down by 2, with 10 seconds on the clock, then I will be satisfied. Christie did it. Even Norwood did it numerous times (especially in '88). Lindell hasn't, yet.

It was a good kick, but there was really no pressure in it for him.  If he missed, we still would have won the game.  There was no way the Fish would have kicked with ~1:45 seconds remaining.  RB would have still fumbled, yada, yada, yada...

When he makes that type of kick from that distance when we are down by 2, with 10 seconds on the clock, then I will be satisfied.  Christie did it.  Even Norwood did it numerous times (especially in '88).  Lindell hasn't, yet.

471439[/snapback]

:D That's ridiculous, and it's foolish to think Miami doesn't play differently only down by 3 on the last drive; plus they would've had better field position to start with. That kick was big time clutch.

This was a turning point kick for my confidence in Lindell. Even after the hot start he still wasn't kicking anything past 45, and none of the kicks were late pressure kicks. Then he missed last week and I really felt it killed any confidence the lackluster offense had.

But his 47 yarder today accomplished two things, for one it was a distance he has struggled at, and two we had a ton riding on the kick.

Big props to Lindell today

471401[/snapback]

He made two in the preseason from 50+. I think his struggles here have been more power-related (and perhaps some snap issues), and he did a good job of working on that in the offseason. As I recall, he worked with a guy who specialized in that, and I've been impressed with the results. It really shows in his KOs too; no more fielding at the 10-15. Most are at or near the goal line.

;)  That's ridiculous, and it's foolish to think Miami doesn't play differently only down by 3 on the last drive; plus they would've had better field position to start with.  That kick was big time clutch.

471500[/snapback]

Hardly. The clutch plays were the forced fumble by Clements and then later on, the two sacks.

How would they have played it differently? Here is what they did:

1-10-MIA29 (4:29) (Shotgun) G.Frerotte pass to R.Brown to MIA 37 for 8 yards (A.Crowell). Caught over middle at MIA 33. Pressure on QB: R.Denney.

2-2-MIA37 (3:57) (Shotgun) R.Brown up the middle to MIA 40 for 3 yards (A.Schobel).

1-10-MIA40 (3:18) (Shotgun) G.Frerotte pass to W.Welker to MIA 48 for 8 yards (E.King). Caught over middle at MIA 45.

2-2-MIA48 (2:43) (Shotgun) G.Frerotte pass to C.Chambers to BUF 45 for 7 yards (R.Denney). Caught over middle at BUF 46.

1-10-BUF45 (2:07) (Shotgun) G.Frerotte pass incomplete to M.Booker. Pass bounced to receiver at BUF 26, right side.

2-10-BUF45 (2:00) (Shotgun) G.Frerotte pass to W.Welker pushed ob at BUF 29 for 16 yards (E.King). Caught at BUF 35, left side.

1-10-BUF29 (1:54) (Shotgun) G.Frerotte pass to R.Brown pushed ob at BUF 25 for 4 yards (A.Crowell). Caught at BUF 29, left side.

2-6-BUF25 (1:47) (Shotgun) G.Frerotte pass to R.Brown to BUF 14 for 11 yards (N.Clements, L.Fletcher). FUMBLES (N.Clements), RECOVERED by BUF-T.Vincent at BUF 18. Caught at BUF 24, right side. Play Challenged by Review Assistant and Upheld.

There are a lot of passes in that series, but I doubt they would have run it very much more. Even if they had, Brown was the guy who fumbled...

They would have kept driving for the TD simply to eat up as much time on the clock as possible. There was too much time on the clock not to do that.

It was a good kick, but there was really no pressure in it for him.  If he missed, we still would have won the game.  There was no way the Fish would have kicked with ~1:45 seconds remaining.  RB would have still fumbled, yada, yada, yada...

When he makes that type of kick from that distance when we are down by 2, with 10 seconds on the clock, then I will be satisfied.  Christie did it.  Even Norwood did it numerous times (especially in '88).  Lindell hasn't, yet.

471439[/snapback]

It doesn't matter what Miami did. The Bills and Lindell didn't know what they were going to do when the ball was snapped. You MUST understand, when that ball was kicked, that there was a lot of pressure on Lindell to make it. That there is a huge difference between three down and six down with 3 minutes to go, in a must win game against a team that has all the momentum, when you haven't proven yourself to the management and your teammates and your fans that you can make long pressure kicks under adverse circumstances. That IS a pressure kick.

Under your criterion, you shouldn't have any trouble with Lindell as your kicker whatsoever because he's never missed one with 10 seconds left down by 2 either.