Where's the Lindell Love

Hardly.  The clutch plays were the forced fumble by Clements and then later on, the two sacks.

471589[/snapback]

That's such a crock of 20/20 hindsight. With the way our defense was yielding yardage and our offense stalling, maybe you would've felt comfortable giving them the ball on the 37 yard line with a 3 pt lead....I wouldn't have. Making them drive the length of the field for a TD (and we STILL could've won the game with a FG had they scored and went up 21-20) was pretty damn significant at that point. In my estimation, making that FG increased our chances of winning from 50/50 to about 80/20.

The two sacks? You've got to be kidding me. They had 50 yards to go in 20 seconds and no time outs. If we lose the game at that point, we ought to be kicked out of the league.

It doesn't matter what Miami did. The Bills and Lindell didn't know what they were going to do when the ball was snapped. You MUST understand, when that ball was kicked, that there was a lot of pressure on Lindell to make it. That there is a huge difference between three down and six down with 3 minutes to go, in a must win game against a team that has all the momentum, when you haven't proven yourself to the management and your teammates and your fans that you can make long pressure kicks under adverse circumstances, IS a pressure kick.

Under your criterion, you shouldn't have any trouble with Lindell as your kicker whatsoever because he's never missed one with 10 seconds left down by 2 either.

471598[/snapback]

Yeah, right on. As a meaningless sidebar I was oddly confident before the kick too, as opposed to the usual sick nervous feeling I get when he trots out there.

That's such a crock of 20/20 hindsight.  With the way our defense was yielding yardage and our offense stalling, maybe you would've felt comfortable giving them the ball on the 37 yard line with a 3 pt lead....I wouldn't have.  Making them drive the length of the field for a TD (and we STILL could've won the game with a FG had they scored and went up 21-20) was pretty damn significant at that point.  In my estimation, making that FG increased our chances of winning from 50/50 to about 80/20. 

The two sacks?  You've got to be kidding me.  They had 50 yards to go in 20 seconds and no time outs.  If we lose the game at that point, we ought to be kicked out of the league.

471605[/snapback]

My point is that I really wasn't any more comfortable with a six point lead than a three point lead. They had just scored an easy TD. Given how the D has played late in fourth, and the 4+ minutes still on the clock, I didn't think they were going to win it after they only came away with the FG.

Like I said in my first post, it was a good kick. Just not a game winner.

I do find it a little amazing though how quickly we have forgotten that was an easy kick for Christie...

Under your criterion, you shouldn't have any trouble with Lindell as your kicker whatsoever because he's never missed one with 10 seconds left down by 2 either.

471598[/snapback]

My constraints might have been a little tight, but I think you get my drift.

BTW, has he ever made one under those conditions?

My point is that I really wasn't any more comfortable with a six point lead than a three point lead.  They had just scored an easy TD.  Given how the D has played late in fourth, and the 4+ minutes still on the clock, I didn't think they were going to win it after they only came away with the FG.

Like I said in my first post, it was a good kick.  Just not a game winner.

I do find it a little amazing though how quickly we have forgotten that was an easy kick for Christie...

471644[/snapback]

Christie was very clutch, and Lindell in no way has proven himself to be a clutch kicker, but again, this was a swirling wind. It may not have looked that way on TV but the wind was a large factor. That was simply not an easy kick, for anyone, even if it was in the first quarter.