RIP Johnny Ramone

/dev/null

Damn, that's 3 of them in 3 years...one of the greatest live bands in history..saw them several times...I remember an outside show at Buff. St. in the early 80's where the crowd was just crazy....beer bottles flying everywhere...people leaping off the stage and speakers...lots of girls dancing topless...

God, I miss those days..

RIP Johnny.

:) RIP Johnny :) ....I feel like somebody put something in my drink!

The members of one of my alltime favorite bands are losing the statistical odds battle.  3 members have met untimely deaths in the last 3 1/2 years, all in their 50s.

33401[/snapback]

All the young punks going before most of the rock dinosaurs. A freaking tragedy. Three Ramones now, and god, Joe Strummer's passing away ruined Christmas a couple years ago. These guys were ahead of their time and had to depart before it. RIP fellas. :angry:

Damn, that's 3 of them in 3 years...one of the greatest live bands in history..saw them several times...I remember an outside show at Buff. St. in the early 80's where the crowd was just crazy....beer bottles flying everywhere...people leaping off the stage and speakers...lots of girls dancing topless...

God, I miss those days..

RIP Johnny.

33334[/snapback]

I was there! Man, what a shame. The Ramones will be missed.

All the young punks going before most of the rock dinosaurs.  A freaking tragedy.  Three Ramones now, and god, Joe Strummer's passing away ruined Christmas a couple years ago.  These guys were ahead of their time and had to depart before it.  RIP fellas. :)

33448[/snapback]

I loved the Ramones, but nothing was worse than finding out Joe Strummer died. I remember sitting at work the day of my company's Christmas party and reading the message board on Strummernews.com and choking back tears all day. I had never realized that The Clash had such a profound impact on so many people and I had never felt that way about a celebrity death before.