Please Stop the Kelly Holcomb Nonsense

JP is the started on this team and kelly isnt showing any better capability. There are two fundamental problems on this team one being the Oline that cant seem to pass block like other teams in the league can and a OC who really cant come up with a game plan to use the strength the team has. If anyone is to be fired at OBD its McNally because he doesnt seem to watch film of other teams OL and teach his guys how to block properly. I

Let Holcombe practice with the 1st team this week and give him a game to actually play. You can't put a backup QB in when we're down and we have to throw for 1 or 2 drives in the 4th quarter. Mularky will announce that Holcombe will be the starting QB this week, and I guarantee you we will beat Miami.

J.P. could very well be good in a year or two, but he just isn't reaady yet.

462407[/snapback]

Clearly. I also don't think it's fair to judge Holcomb when he's only played in obvious passing situations from behind on the road. It's the equivalent of evaluating JP's performance in NE last year.

Let Holcombe practice with the 1st team this week and give him a game to actually play.  You can't put a backup QB in when we're down and we have to throw for 1 or 2 drives in the 4th quarter.  Mularky will announce that Holcombe will be the starting QB this week, and I guarantee you we will beat Miami.

462406[/snapback]

thank you, somebody that agrees with me...nothing against losman, but he just doesnt seem ready yet, so make him stew on the bench for a couple games as holcomb gets his shot..and if he does poorly too, then fine, put losman back in..but i have a feeling that holcomb will win next week too...and quite possibly against the jets too..and i think this city deserves a couple wins to bolster the confidence..

I thought Holcomb looked confident when he came into the game. Then again, i'm comparing him to Losman who ran around for 3 quarters like a chicken with his head cut off.

We're in a similar situation like the Giants were in last year. They took their lumps last season, and now look at Eli Manning. Did you guys actually thing that JP was going to come in here and save the team? Guys like Big Ben are rare. Hopefully JP will start to show some spark by the end of the season.

I'm ready to give Shane Matthews a shot before giving up on the season;

462361[/snapback]

Half of the NFL has tried him; even his college coach (Spurrier) eventually said "no" in DC. It is a "rebuilding year," to borrow from every Sabres coach in history, and we've gotta deal. Go to, or watch, the games or not, but the only move is to develop the kid. He will not turn into Manning or Brady. Maybe he turns into Carson Palmer; maybe he turns into Ryan Leaf. But there's only one way to find out, and that way does not involve Holcomb or Matthews in the gameplan.

JP is the started on this team and kelly isnt showing any better capability.  There are two fundamental problems on this team one being the Oline that cant seem to pass block like other teams in the league can and a OC who really cant come up with a game plan to use the strength the team has.    If anyone is to be fired at OBD its McNally because he doesnt seem to watch film of other teams OL and teach his guys how to block properly.  I

462360[/snapback]

Hey Dude....you can tell you're from Raleigh, your grammar and spelling stink worse than JP Losman's rag-arm.

Seriously...when you hitch your wagons to a rookie with little experience, you are asking for trouble.

I say this....we the fans, Eric Moulds, Lee Evans and Willis McGahee deserve better than this.

Bring on Kelly Holcombe....Raleigh....check out Holcombe's numbers when he backed up Tim Couch in Cleveland.

He could be the Bills next Gary Marangi.....Or Bill Munson (gee lets hope not)...

Hoepfully Frank Reich!

KGS14

(Bills fan in Charlotte).

I thought Holcomb looked confident when he came into the game.  Then again, i'm comparing him to Losman who ran around for 3 quarters like a chicken with his head cut off.

We're in a similar situation like the Giants were in last year.  They took their lumps last season, and now look at Eli Manning.  Did you guys actually thing that JP was going to come in here and save the team?  Guys like Big Ben are rare.  Hopefully JP will start to show some spark by the end of the season.

462455[/snapback]

Exactly...Eli, Peyton before him, and just about every other NFL QB in their 1st year as a Starter...

The fact that JP is struggling , as far as I'm concerned, is directly related to what the Coaches are asking of him...Seems as though MM and TC think they have Joe Montana in his prime back there...The worst part is, had they limited JP, gone into a shell early in the Season and utilized Willis better....By the end of the Year JP may have shown enough improvement to throw more on his plate...Instead they served him all 7 coarses at the same time and the Kid is lost...

Great Job Mularkey...I was in your corner...Now allow me to show you the door...Or better yet allow me to introduce you to #21... <_<

Holcomb has a game over 400 yards passing, and a game at 392 in his short career of starts.

JP doesn't look ready to scratch 200 yds before the season's over. Unless the Bills are willing to just scrap this season and let JP grow--because letting JP start means this season is over--they better start Holcomb now.

I don't have anything against JP yet. All young QBs suck, and I don't know whether he has *it*. He's certainly shown nothing so far. All I know is that the Bills are 1 game out of first place in the East, and JP won't win them any more games.

I agree with the other posters who say that you can't judge Holcomb until you give him a week of reps with the starting unit. Heck, when he comes in to games late the D is just pinning their ears back and overmatching us. You can't judge Kelly Holcomb on that type game situation when he hasn't even gotten all the reps during the week.

JP is the started on this team and kelly isnt showing any better capability.  There are two fundamental problems on this team one being the Oline that cant seem to pass block like other teams in the league can and a OC who really cant come up with a game plan to use the strength the team has.    If anyone is to be fired at OBD its McNally because he doesnt seem to watch film of other teams OL and teach his guys how to block properly.  I

462360[/snapback]

Before you fire McNally, I would consider the question I have asked for a couple of weeks now. Who designs the blocking schemes for each individual play, TC, MM, JM??? Sometimes good blocking schemes can hide the deficiencies of mediocre OL players. The only problem, is that the only people who know the answer to this question are at OBD.

as the wife and i sat at the bar watching the game some of the bills fans and i talked about getting holcomb in the game because they do not want to give up on the season and i said it would not matter who was back behind center . you can not play QB games . if you are going to give JP the chance to run this team , you live or die with him . at some point things are going to click and he will become a good QB even with a sh-- line .

as the wife and i sat at the bar watching the game some of the bills fans and i talked about getting holcomb in the game  because they do not want to give up on the season and i said it would not matter who was back behind center .  you can not play QB games . if you are going to give JP the chance to run this team , you  live or die with him .  at some point things are going to click and he will become a good QB  even with a sh-- line .

462638[/snapback]

One twat that I watched the game with actually suggested that the Bills would make the playoffs with Kelly Holcomb under center. I gently reminded him that Kelly Holcomb was benched in favor of Tim Couch.

462360[/snapback]

I don't think anybody is claiming Holcomb will be the savior, but he was brought in here for a reason. He was signed in case JP flopped. I don't think anybody is excited that JP dropped a bomb but nobody wants to see the season flushed either.

One twat that I watched the game with actually suggested that the Bills would make the playoffs with Kelly Holcomb under center. I gently reminded him that Kelly Holcomb was benched in favor of Tim Couch.

462643[/snapback]

Actually not true. Couch was benched in favor of Holcomb.