Marv Book

JoeF

I just read Marv's book--"Where would you rather be?" this week on flights to and from the West Coast...it was a wonderful read.

Might be good tonic if you are feeling a bit down about this year's fortunes thus far. Relatively quick read for a 400 page book.

His rich life, sense of humor, wit and ability to motivate make him a unique man. I found myself chuckling out loud a couple of times....there are so many great lines and stories--an example..he was talking about Glenn Parker and how intelligent and thoughtful he was as a player and person...Marv remembers "Parker was unique--instead of playing cards or listening to music on flights to and from road games, he spent most of his time reading, reading actual books." <_<

The book was a gift from my brother--thanks bro!!!

I got Marv's book and also Tim Russerts book, Big Russ, last Christmas. Being a CHS grad I had to read Tims book first...... a great read. Started Marv's book shortly after and could not put it down. It brought back soooooooo many memories. I don't think a lot of us, most certainly me , appreciated what we had at the time. Great years that will probably never be repeated.