Why a timetable for Roscoe's injury now??

d_wag

"Bills receiver Roscoe Parrish, who suffered an injury to his right wrist in training camp last month, is still two to three weeks away from being ready to play, Buffalo coach Mike Mularkey said."

questions -- why disclose that information now? i thought the bills plan was to make the opposing team scheme for roscoe in case he dresses for the game? why not say weeks ago that he wouldn't be ready for the opener when it's obvious now they knew that? is it a bluff?

mularky needs to make his mind up and quit talking out of both sides of his mouth.......either shut the door on all injury information (as he has been doing) or set timetables for returns when known (as he is doing now)......if it's a strategy as many on this board have insisted he needs to stick to it and be consistent.......

"Bills receiver Roscoe Parrish, who suffered an injury to his right wrist in training camp last month, is still two to three weeks away from being ready to play, Buffalo coach Mike Mularkey said."

questions -- why disclose that information now?

459562[/snapback]

Maybe because his name is Roscoe Parrish and not Terrell Owens or Chad Johnson. I don't think opposing DC's are losing sleep at night worrying about a 3rd WR who has yet to play an NFL game.

questions -- why disclose that information now? i thought the bills plan was to make the opposing team scheme for roscoe in case he dresses for the game? why not say weeks ago that he wouldn't be ready for the opener when it's obvious now they knew that? is it a bluff?

mularky needs to make his mind up and quit talking out of both sides of his mouth.......either shut the door on all injury information (as he has been doing) or set timetables for returns when known (as he is doing now)......if it's a strategy as many on this board have insisted he needs to stick to it and be consistent.......

459562[/snapback]

Yeah, this matters a whole hell of a lot. After all, teams will tremble at the return of Parrish!

He should have simply stated that Roscoe will be back before the league lifts the drug suspension of your 1,600 yard man. :P0:):(

Maybe because his name is Roscoe Parrish and not Terrell Owens or Chad Johnson.  I don't think opposing DC's are losing sleep at night worrying about a 3rd WR who has yet to play an NFL game.

459563[/snapback]

so why the cloak and dagger job when he got hurt? why did they keep the surgery under wraps? why did they set no timetable for his return? i just don't understand the secrecy......

!@#$ing bravo! I'm sitting here, reading this thread, and thinking to myself..."Does someone actually give two!@#$s about THIS?"

Man, it sucks when we suck.

459671[/snapback]

seemed to be a pretty hot topic over the past few weeks given the dozen threads that have been started on the topic, both discussing the injury and the lack of news from the bills........

Why does it have to be a conspiracy theory? Maybe the Bills realistically thought that he could be back in the first few games, they just weren't sure. Now they know when it looks like he'll return, and they're telling us.

By the way, I don't think D-coordinators are hanging on MM's every word about Roscoe:

Perhaps the return of Roscoe will bump JP's 48% completion percentage and 119 pass yds per game into the 53%, 150 yd range... <_<

Folks do seem to be making this too complicated and looking for plots where it is doubtful none exist because even if they did it would make little difference.

My sense is that MM is ruled here by two general and occaisionally contradictory guidelines:

1. Under league rules designed to at least have the appearance of a level playing field of information to allow for more betting on games (a key to fan interest and if folks feel that insiders has significantly more inside info on injuries they may bet less) and also to increase news about the product being sold (even if its bad news just spell the name right) injury information is given out widely and regularly during the regular season.

2. Keep injury information to ourselves and under wraps as much as possible (not possible as much during regular season under guideline 1) because information about health issues are difficult to predict perfectly, somewhat subject to privacy (though pro players give up a lot of rights to this in exchange for getting the big bucks), and surprise in whether a player will or will not start and how effective he may be can have a game effect.

Given the balance between the two guidelines (the only general rules are that there is not one rule that overwhelms everything else and if our little brains insist on there being only one, money walks and everything else simply talks) it is not surprising that one would hear different things regarding injury status in pre-season (not much at all) and regular season (simple reports he is out each week and then a progression along the doubtful/probable trail).

The big picture here us that there is probably no significant conspiracy theory here or info that tells one about the heart and soul of the MM character as the Bills have much more meaningful issues and problems to deal with right now besides the Parrish health status.

so why the cloak and dagger job when he got hurt? why did they keep the surgery under wraps? why did they set no timetable for his return? i just don't understand the secrecy......

459569[/snapback]

Nor should you (understand the secrecy). Who the hell are you that the Bills need to placate? For that matter who are we collectively at TBD that the Bills need to be held accountable to?

We are NOT, contrary to what some knuckleheads here think, the complete 'stakeholder' that represents joe fan. As such, MM and the Bills can do as they please and keep us totally out of the equation.

The NFL is an entertainment industry - either enjoy it or avoid it, but why B word? Oh that is right, because that is your right, blah blah blah .... just go vomit over yourself and be done with it.

Nor should you (understand the secrecy).  Who the hell are you that the Bills need to placate?  For that matter who are we collectively at TBD that the Bills need to be held accountable to?

We are NOT, contrary to what some knuckleheads here think, the complete 'stakeholder' that represents joe fan.  As such, MM and the Bills can do as they please and keep us totally out of the equation. 

The NFL is an entertainment industry - either enjoy it or avoid it, but why B word? Oh that is right, because that is your right, blah blah blah .... just go vomit over yourself and be done with it.

459899[/snapback]

thank you for offering absolutely no explanation......how insightful.......please go back to not thinking........

thank you for offering absolutely no explanation......how insightful.......please go back to not thinking........

459901[/snapback]

And your insight provides....<insert grasshoppers chirping about now>...we are waiting. Please o' brilliant one, self annoited NFL expert, tell us what you bring to the table regarding enjoying football?

Not one thing - get over yourself sweetie - <_<

459569[/snapback]

Very simple...coaches screwing around with the media, who are trying to get as much info as possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

And your insight provides....<insert grasshoppers chirping about now>...we are waiting. Please o' brilliant one, self annoited NFL expert, tell us what you bring to the table regarding enjoying football?

Not one thing  - get over yourself sweetie -  <_<

459908[/snapback]

again, thank you for offering absolutely no explanation......how insightful.......please go back to not thinking........

459562[/snapback]

This is such a huge deal! Oh my gosh, it's a very important thing to consider and criticize. I actually couldn't sleep last night over the injury reporting issues at OBD. It obviously bothers you as much as it bothers me.

Maybe we should protest the wednesday conference calls and refuse reading injury reports because of our displeasure with how mularky handles this.

On a less sarcastic note - Dude - you really need to get a friggin grip.

459901[/snapback]

I guarantee that when it happened, if the Bills said that Parrish would be back in 4-11 weeks, you would have been whining, " 4-11 weeks?! They may as well tell us nothing!"

If when it happened the Bills said that Parrish would be back in four weeks, four weeks later, you would be whining "Why are the Bills hiding Parrish's injury?! It's way worse than they were making it out to be! Why do they have to lie to us like that?!"

If the Bills said that Parrish would be out for six weeks, and then he wasn't back for the sixth week, or seventh, or eighth, you would be whining that "Parrish is obviously not an NFL caliber player because he lacks toughness and heart and The Bills knew he was going to be out longer and have been lying to us trying to cover up for their obvious mistake in drafting him"

And if, by chance, they said Parrish was going to be out 6 weeks, 11 days, 23 hours and 12 minutes, and then Parrish came back on the field in less than that, you would be whining that "Right now! Today! We need to renegotiate Parrish's contract and resign him to a long term deal before he hits free agency or else we're going to lose all our best young players!"

I guarantee that when it happened, if the Bills said that Parrish would be back in 4-11 weeks, you would have been whining, " 4-11 weeks?! They may as well tell us nothing!"

If when it happened the Bills said that Parrish would be back in four weeks, four weeks later, you would be whining "Why are the Bills hiding Parrish's injury?! It's way worse than they were making it out to be! Why do they have to lie to us like that?!"

If the Bills said that Parrish would be out for six weeks, and then he wasn't back for the sixth week, or seventh, or eighth, you would be whining that "Parrish is obviously not an NFL caliber player because he lacks toughness and heart and The Bills knew he was going to be out longer and have been lying to us trying to cover up for their obvious mistake in drafting him"

And if, by chance, they said Parrish was going to be out 6 weeks, 11 days, 23 hours and 12 minutes, and then Parrish came back on the field in less than that, you would be whining that "Right now! Today! We need to renegotiate Parrish's contract and resign him to a long term deal before he hits free agency or else we're going to lose all our best young players!"

459937[/snapback]

wrong on all accounts.......but keep trying to read minds if you enjoy it.......this discussion would be much better if people actually spent less time insulting and more time thinking......but that is the standard around here.....