Anybody know why Whiskey

Mikie2times

I used to enjoy whiskey but after I realized it turned me into a mean SOB I stopped drinking the stuff. It's the only drink that makes me react this way, and since I know many others that share my views I just wanted to know if whiskey has anything outside of the alcohol that might cause this?

Ahh sheet, I just noticed the OT forum, sorry for polluting the board.

Started to notice that myself a little while ago with crown royal. Now I only drink it at the airport when I'm traveling (want a shot for 2 bucks?). Better off to be around people I don't know when I drink the stuff. Not to the point of not drinking it at all yet.

Started to notice that myself a little while ago with crown royal.  Now I only drink it at the airport when I'm traveling (want a shot for 2 bucks?).  Better off to be around people I don't know when I drink the stuff.  Not to the point of not drinking it at all yet.

459313[/snapback]

I'm the same way; I'm cool as long as I'm not around people I know. I never got physically angry but I would always get a real short temper and say stuff to my girlfriend I would always have to apologize for the next day. Considering no other drink made me react like this I just decided to stop drinking the stuff. To bad, me and Jameson had some good times while it lasted.

I'm the same way; I'm cool as long as I'm not around people I know. I never got physically angry but I would always get a real short temper and say stuff to my girlfriend I would always have to apologize for the next day. Considering no other drink made me react like this I just decided to stop drinking the stuff. To bad, me and Jameson had some good times while it lasted.

459319[/snapback]

Not me personally (I always seem to have fun when drinking), but one of my best friends is no longer allowed (by friends or himself) to have any whiskey. He can drink 20 shots of vodka and just be sloppy drunk. But 2 or 3 shots of whiskey and he's looking for a fight.

and man this was nice to see an OT thread on the wall :(

some people are just angry drunks.

i used to LOVE me some Jack Daniels. but i had 1 to many BAD hangovers in college.

i havent really noticed any diffrence in people based on what they drink. usually if they are a dick normaly, then they are a dick when they are drunk. the only diffrence is that most of the time, they can hide the fact that they are a dick when they are sober.

Not me personally (I always seem to have fun when drinking), but one of my best friends is no longer allowed (by friends or himself) to have any whiskey. He can drink 20 shots of vodka and just be sloppy drunk. But 2 or 3 shots of whiskey and he's looking for a fight.

459321[/snapback]

That’s what I'm saying, so many people react like that to just whiskey. I can drink anything else and a lot of it and be fine. I got used to Jameson and I still want to buy it when I'm drinking but it's not worth the BS. I just stick to the clear Liquor now and it's back to the fun drunk days.

459321[/snapback]

Always thought it was dark liquor that did it to me. Also thought I was better to have shots vs. drinking it was coke all night.

Used to call it rare form when I would get like that, then figured out that rare form was when I WASN'T like that.

You're asking why people get pissed after drinking whiskey? Have you ever tasted that stuff? It's like biting into a delicious-looking apple and tasting dogsh--. There's that dark amber drink that looks cold and smooth but tastes like a firestorm.

Back in the '60s my dad was in basic training with a guy who'd give him all but $9 of his check, he'd go to Denver and buy a jug of wine for $8.99 (my dad contends that it was the kind of wine where you got $8 back when you redeemed the bottle :() and got just as drunk as someone spending $40.

I googled the question...  and couldn't come up with an answer....

But I did stumble upon this interesting tidbit...

http://moderndrunkardmagazine.com/md_youre_a_drunk.htm

459377[/snapback]

The shag carpet comment was hysterical as was the breathalyzer reading. funny stuff - thanks.

I used to enjoy whiskey but after I realized it turned me into a mean SOB I stopped drinking the stuff. It's the only drink that makes me react this way, and since I know many others that share my views I just wanted to know if whiskey has anything outside of the alcohol that might cause this?

Ahh sheet, I just noticed the OT forum, sorry for polluting the board.

459311[/snapback]

I've also seen that with whiskey. Don't know why it's like that. Even 'ole JD himself was afflicted (see number 5).

Tequila is even worse IMO.

I've had several phases: Scotch, Gin (Tanqueray only), Stoley's. Phase for the moment = Myers's Dark Rum.

Haven't decided on the next phase. Maybe the Whiskey <_<

Has anyone heard of Boca Chica Rum? We used to drink this stuff in college and get out of control. Every time without fail, we would slam back some rum and cokes with Boca Chica, and before you knew it, we were breaking things, fighting other people, and especially fighting each other. Everyone just lost their mind. It was strange because we would drink rum and cokes with Captain or Bacardi, and we would just get drunk. But Boca Chica took it to another level.

Just to make sure it wasn't just my college friends, I bought a few bottles and my buddies from Bflo and I had rum and cokes one summer day down on the beach at Sunset Bay. Sure enough, chaos ensued. The stuff is magic.

*Note*- I do not recommend operating a boat or waterskiing after consuming Boca Chica. In fact, that should probably be printed right on the bottle....

Has anyone heard of Boca Chica Rum?  We used to drink this stuff in college and get out of control. 

459708[/snapback]

Hmm.

Let's invent a new drink:

1 part Boca Chica

1 part Tequila

1 part JD

3 parts Jolt Cola (keep the nergy level up)

Suggestions for a name? How about the "Bail Bond"?