No Sabres Games on DirecTv!!!

theesir

This will probably get moved, but I needed to spew this to the largest crowd possible.

An agreement for DirecTv to present the games locally was announced weeks ago, negotiations with Dish Network at that time were still ongoing.

DirecTv has now backed out of its deal to present Sabres games in WNY on MSG. MSG has reached its agreement with Dish Network, and the game was shown last night. On DirectTv?- A Mets game!

Sabres say- Not our fault

MSG says- Not our fault

DirecTv subscriber (me) says- sh--!!! :devil:

This will probably get moved, but I needed to spew this to the largest crowd possible.

An agreement for DirecTv to present the games locally was announced weeks ago, negotiations with Dish Network at that time were still ongoing.

DirecTv has now backed out of its deal to present Sabres games in WNY on MSG. MSG has reached its agreement with Dish Network, and the game was shown last night. On DirectTv?- A Mets game!

Sabres says- Not our fault

MSG says- Not our fault

458722[/snapback]

I spoke with the Sabres about this this morning. I was told that DirecTV does not currently have an agreement with MSG but they are in negotiations. The person I spoke to did not know when or if a deal would be reached but was hopeful for a deal.

Call DirecTV and let them know you want to see the Sabres. If they think enough people will switch to DN or cable, they will get a deal done.

Dave.

Sabres says- Not our fault

MSG says- Not our fault

458722[/snapback]

Center Ice is ONLY 4 payments of 32.75/month....

I read this as well, it states that the games will be on DirecTv, bu they are still negotiating with Dish Network, then the night that news release came out, the game is on Dish and not on DirecTv. I am reading of people being told by DirecTv that they have no intention of carrying the Sabres games.

Center Ice is ONLY 4 payments of 32.75/month....

458737[/snapback]

Center Ice Would block out the games in Buffalo if they were available on "another local feed" (cable, Dish Netork) even if you do not receive that channel. It states that on the DirectTv website.

Center Ice Would block out the games in Buffalo if they were available on "another local feed" (cable, Dish Netork) even if you do not receive that channel. It states that on the DirectTv website.

458757[/snapback]

Ah, the Joys of living in Ann Arbor..

While it has little impact on me since I live in Memphis, things like this make me happy that after 5 years as a DirecTv subscriber I sent them packing a week ago and had cable installed yesterday. I'll subscribe to Center Ice as soon as the free preview ends.

I thought that DirecTV already had a deal with the Sabres.

Last night,  I was stoked,  turned on MSG and saw the stinkin' Mets.  I called DirecTV,  and they blamed MSG,  lol.

If this isn't resolved soon,  I'll go back to Adelphia.

458901[/snapback]

As I mentioned above, while MSG is currently shown on DirecTV there is currently no agreement between the 2 for MSG to provide a backfeed for people in Buffalo and Rochester. A lady with the Sabres said DirecTV and MSG are negotiating and she HOPED they would have something resolved before the season started.

I spoke with a customer service rep from DirecTV last night for a LONG time. She had no information about Sabres games becoming available in WNY, but would try to find out more information for me.

As I also mentioned in my post above, if you live in WNY and have DirecTV, CALL THEM AND LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT TO WATCH THE SABRES. If they get enough feedback I expect that they will get something done with MSG.

I currently am very nervous that although I have Center Ice I will not be able to watch the Sabres because the NHL will consider where I live to be Sabres territory and black out the game in my zip code on CI but DirecTV considers where I live to be MSG/NY territory so my MSG won't show the game.

Dave.

As I mentioned above, while MSG is currently shown on DirecTV there is currently no agreement between the 2 for MSG to provide a backfeed for people in Buffalo and Rochester.  A lady with the Sabres said DirecTV and MSG are negotiating and she HOPED they would have something resolved before the season started.

I spoke with a customer service rep from DirecTV last night for a LONG time.  She had no information about Sabres games becoming available in WNY, but would try to find out more information for me.

As I also mentioned in my post above, if you live in WNY and have DirecTV, CALL THEM AND LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT TO WATCH THE SABRES.  If they get enough feedback I expect that they will get something done with MSG.

I currently am very nervous that although I have Center Ice I will not be able to watch the Sabres because the NHL will consider where I live to be Sabres territory and black out the game in my zip code on CI but DirecTV considers where I live to be MSG/NY territory so my MSG won't show the game.

Dave.

458989[/snapback]

Dude, I heard on the television or radio, that they already had a deal with DirecTV, and Dish Network customers are SOL. Maybe you should call them back, and ask why everywhere is reporting a deal is already done.

Also, do yourself a favor, go to the guide and fast forward to next Wednesday at 7:00. See the Sabres game listed on MSG? I rest my case. You were lied to, as was I last night. For some reason we got hosed out of a preseason game, the reason I got was because of the MLB playoff race. What a crock of sh--.

Here is a link, it's about 3/4 down. http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050924/1021925.asp

Dude,  I heard on the television or radio,  that they already had a deal with DirecTV,  and Dish Network customers are SOL.  Maybe you should call them back,  and ask why everywhere is reporting a deal is already done.

Also,  do yourself a favor,  go to the guide and fast forward to next Wednesday at 7:00.  See the Sabres game listed on MSG?  I rest my case.  You were lied to,  as was I last night.  For some reason we got hosed out of a preseason game,  the reason I got was because of the MLB playoff race.  What a crock of sh--.

Here is a link,  it's about 3/4 down.    http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050924/1021925.asp

459090[/snapback]

Here is the article from TODAY'S paper

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050929/2005079.asp

Look about 2/3 down in the article, as a matter of fact I will quote it...

The game was carried on DISH Network after the satellite provider made a last-minute deal with MSG to carry the Sabres' schedule this season in the Buffalo area, a team spokesperson said.

Surprisingly, the other satellite provider, DirecTV, did not carry the game even though MSG had previously told the Sabres a deal had been finalized and the team had sent out a news release weeks ago saying it was done.

A spokesperson for the team said he was told Wednesday that negotiations between MSG and DirecTV are continuing.

The only reason the game is in the guide for next week, is because it is an Islanders game (With Isles pre and post game), notice there are no other Sabres games listed.

ididn't bother to read every post here... but does this effect people outside of WNY that buy NHL Center ICE?

459124[/snapback]

Please read 4 posts above yours....

:devil:

Maybe people are onto something with that Hot Pockets theory. ;)

CW

Thanks theesir!

That explains a lot.

Sorry I didn't believe you dave b, my bad dude.

Hopefully this happens before next wednesday, if not I'm going to have to eat the money i paid for Sunday ticket, and crawl back to Adelphia.

Also means, I will be waiting before ordering Center Ice. Thank god, because I almost ordered it yesterday.

Thanks theesir! 

That explains a lot.

Sorry I didn't believe you dave b,  my bad dude.

Hopefully this happens before next wednesday,  if not I'm going to have to eat the money i paid for Sunday ticket,  and crawl back to Adelphia.

Also means,  I will be waiting before ordering Center Ice.  Thank god,  because I almost ordered it yesterday.

459165[/snapback]

The DirecTV customer service rep I spoke to is supposed to give me an update on the status on Monday. If I do hear from DirecTV, I will post what they say.

Dave.

I got this email from MSG today, in response to me asking what was up:

Good Afternoon,

Sorry for your inconvenience last night. MSG will broadcast 75 Sabre's games in the Buffalo/Rochester region this season. Direct TV and MSG are working on a deal to broadcast Sabre's games on Direct TV. We are confident Sabre's games will be broadcast on Direct TV by their season opener. If you have any questions feel free to contact us. Thanks for your inquiry.

Networks PR

Hope they get this done.

I got this email from MSG today,  in response to me asking what was up:

Good Afternoon,

Sorry for your inconvenience last night.  MSG will broadcast 75 Sabre's games in the Buffalo/Rochester region this season.  Direct TV and MSG are working on a deal to broadcast Sabre's games on Direct TV.  We are confident Sabre's games will be broadcast on Direct TV by their season opener.  If you have any questions feel free to contact us.  Thanks for your inquiry.

Networks PR

Hope they get this done.

459352[/snapback]

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I really don't want to go back to Time Warner.

Thanks for the update.

Dave.

I just saw this on a Sabres message board. I know there's enough Sabres fans here living in WNY who will be affected by this. I've heard that DirecTV is currently in negotiations with MSG about this issue. If you care, send an email or make a phone call - enough people can make a difference.

I just got off the phone with DirecTV and was told that they have NO plans of showing Sabres games this year on MSG or any other station. I was told that, living in the Rochester area, I actually am in the Ranger's market. When I asked which market the Sabres are in, I was told that Buffalo does not reside in an NHL market. When I reminded them that the Sabres play IN Buffalo, I was given the run-around and told that they "just go by the zip code". The girl I talked to said that she has received NO calls about this issue and basically had no idea what I was talking about.

Again, DirecTV has NO plans of showing the Sabres games this year on MSG or any other station.

I threatened to switch to Time Warner Cable and that did not seem to bother them. I would imagine that if more people did the same, they might be bothered enough to do something about the problem. Contact DirecTV and let them have it:

By email: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glb/Form_Feedback.dsp

By phone: 1-800-494-4388

I just saw this on a Sabres message board.  I know there's enough Sabres fans here living in WNY who will be affected by this.  I've heard that DirecTV is currently in negotiations with MSG about this issue.  If you care, send an email or make a phone call - enough people can make a difference.

I just got off the phone with DirecTV and was told that they have NO plans of showing Sabres games this year on MSG or any other station. I was told that, living in the Rochester area, I actually am in the Ranger's market. When I asked which market the Sabres are in, I was told that Buffalo does not reside in an NHL market. When I reminded them that the Sabres play IN Buffalo, I was given the run-around and told that they "just go by the zip code". The girl I talked to said that she has received NO calls about this issue and basically had no idea what I was talking about.

Again, DirecTV has NO plans of showing the Sabres games this year on MSG or any other station.

I threatened to switch to Time Warner Cable and that did not seem to bother them. I would imagine that if more people did the same, they might be bothered enough to do something about the problem. Contact DirecTV and let them have it:

By email: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glb/Form_Feedback.dsp

By phone: 1-800-494-4388

459388[/snapback]

Dude, you most likely just got a dolt CSR. Do not put any credence in this whatsoever. Guys like me and Fez, who have been with D* forever know more about D* than 90% of the first line CSRs who will talk to.