Why isn't Jim Kelly on the Coaching staff?

Garranimal

Three reasons:

Money - How much does he want

Time - Does he want to

SW/MM/TC - Wouldn't this put them further on notice that they really suck and someone else is being brought in to teach them. No confidence vote in your coaches if you do that. Therefore let's do it.

Don't want to sound harsh - and willing for knowledgable people to tell me otherwise - but now that Hunter has passed, does Jimbo have a different view on coaching?

457563[/snapback]

Nick...that's not sounding harsh. In the past, he has said that he wanted to spend as much time as possible taking care of Hunter and working for his cause. It is possible that he may now feel it appropriate to either return to TV, or perhaps enter the coaching business.

Taking nothing away from Sam, I would love to see Jim join the staff.

After listening to his interview on WGR, i want this guy on our sidelines every weekend!!  He still sees the field well and can pass that on.

457541[/snapback]

It takes a certain personality to become an NFL coach. These guys are workoholics who put in ridiculous hours and almost never get a day off. Kelly has got it made now. He's a party boy and has plenty of money.

He also has plenty of other interests such as hunting, fishing, getting drunk, charitable endeavors(including Hunter's Hope), golf outings, Busch racing, Kelly Enterprises, getting drunker, and of course his young kids.

I doubt Kelly would ever have the motivation or interest to spend his days and nights burning both ends of the candle for a job that has minimal security. He's a local hero. Why would he put himself in a position where he can become a target of ridicule and scorn by pissed off fans?

Thurman, Andre, & Jimbo have all scoffed at the suggestions that they get into coaching. They're enjoying the good life. No need to change it.

Can someone tell me the highlights of what he said? My computer is audio-impaired......

457572[/snapback]

Main things:

Need to leave JP in there. He was unhappy that the coaches pulled him from the TB game. He says we need to stick with him for nw until he doesn't.

Need to throw more underneath and quick patterns 3,4,5 yards only. Need some crossing patterns especially with Moulds.

JP needs to make some of those completion. He needs to learn to progress through his reads.

Pissed off at fans for giving up on JP already, booing him and leaving early.

Said he is not the OC, and he doesn't want to undermine them really, so they may be doing something different.

Main things:

Need to leave JP in there.  He was unhappy that the coaches pulled him from the TB game.  He says we need to stick with him for nw until he doesn't.

Need to throw more underneath and quick patterns 3,4,5 yards only.  Need some crossing patterns especially with Moulds. 

JP needs to make some of those completion.  He needs to learn to progress through his reads. 

Pissed off at fans for giving up on JP already, booing him and leaving early. 

Said he is not the OC, and he doesn't want to undermine them really, so they may be doing something different.

457599[/snapback]

Thank ya!

I'm glad to see Jimbo pulling for JP.....I really hope JP ends up having a solid year....i want so badly for this team to win.

Being a superstar at a position doesn't mean you are a good coach. Bart Starr wsa a god in GB until he became a coach. I think his record was under .500.

How many of the great coaches were stars at their position, much less played pro. Marv Levy , for example.

Thanks for the link. That was great. Is he on every Monday?

457717[/snapback]

Look on the same site every monday as well for comments from Marv Levy as well as coach Chuck Dickerson. I think between Kelly, Levy, and Coach D, all TBD cast types will be entertained and/or informed.

Look on the same site every monday as well for comments from Marv Levy as well as coach Chuck Dickerson. I think between Kelly, Levy, and Coach D, all TBD cast types will be entertained and/or informed.

458093[/snapback]

LP posted the link and I listened to the whole thing at work, really a treat for me in Florida.

Good stuff, I'll need to hook up on that link on Mondays. Thanks again