Why isn't Jim Kelly on the Coaching staff?

Garranimal

After listening to his interview on WGR, i want this guy on our sidelines every weekend!!  He still sees the field well and can pass that on.

457541[/snapback]

Wyche is just fine, and I'm sure thats the last thing Kelly would want to do right now....after what his family has been through, I think he has other things on his mind- things that are a lot more real that football

Becoming a coach for the Bills would be the biggest mistake Kelly ever made. There is only one way he could come out ahead if he did that and that would be to win the SB. Anything else and his persona takes a hit in Buffalo. He is famous here already. Where does he go from that.

If he wants to get into coaching it would be better for him to sign on with another team. Yes his name would be known to that team's fans as well, but not like it is in Buffalo.

What would the coaching position pay, especially in Buffalo? I mean come on Ralph is notorious for under paying his coaches. Take GW as an example. here in Buffalo he was earning about 1 million a year, went to Washington and got a demotion in coaching position but a 90% raise in pay.

Why would Jim take the time to coach when his business dealings probably earn him 25 times plus what he would make as a coach.

He is busy with his business, he is busy with his charities and he is busy with his family.

Why in heavens name would he coach?

Dan

If you wanted an ex-Bill to coach the QB or Offense...

Frank Reich would be a far better choice than Kelly, because Reich studied the game a lot more than Kelly did. If you were able to combine Kelly's physical gifts at his prime, with Reich's understanding of the QB position?

Why can't the Bills just sign Kelly as QB?  I mean, he can't be any worse than what we have, right?  And why not bring Andre, Thurman, and Bruce back too?  That would be awesome.  :(

PTR

458283[/snapback]

I think we all can agree that it would be wonderful to be back in "The Glory Days" but really......... we have an awesome team right now. We have the capacity to equal, or even surpass what the big name boys did. JP has a hell of an arm, and just needs some time. Moulds..... he's quick, smart, and has the foot work to equal Andre or Thurman. Granted, there will never be another Andre, Thurman, or Bruce, but let's support our boys, and realize that we have IT now, we just need to figure out what the hell IT really is.