Ralph to the Airport

I'm booking flights for my Dad to go from NYC to Buffalo return in Dec.

I need to know from your experiences how long it takes to get out of the stadium, into the car and travel to the airport after a game...

Basically can I get out at the end of a 1pm KO, possibly with snow around, and get to the airport for him to catch a 7:25 flight?

That might be a little close. I wouldn't take the chance unless you left the game a bit early.

457564[/snapback]

Alright thanks - I think that decides it then. I make him get the late flight out of Buffalo at 10pm or something...

Only thing left to find out now is if there will be anyone in the bars/clubs on a Sunday night in Buffalo when I am left alone. :w00t:

Alright thanks - I think that decides it then. I make him get the late flight out of Buffalo at 10pm or something...

Only thing left to find out now is if there will be anyone in the bars/clubs on a Sunday night in Buffalo when I am left alone.  :w00t:

457573[/snapback]

That seems the wise choice. Hope the Bills win for you. What game are you going to?

I'm booking flights for my Dad to go from NYC to Buffalo return in Dec.

I need to know from your experiences how long it takes to get out of the stadium, into the car and travel to the airport after a game...

Basically can I get out at the end of a 1pm KO, possibly with snow around, and get to the airport for him to catch a 7:25 flight?

457450[/snapback]

I parked in Hammer's lot for the last game. He let me park right in front of an entry onto Abbott Rd. I left the lot at 5:35 and arrived at the airport at 6:15. Going through security took about 20 minutes. Had enough time to grab a beef-on-weck to go and get on the plane for a flight at 7:05.

One thing that I would just like to add which I think is commonly neglected when instructing people on how to get to and from the Ralph is that you don't have to take the expressways. I never take the expressways (90, 219, etc.) when going or coming from the Ralph and I usually get there in about 30 minutes from Amherst, regardless of the time of day. Lately we've been taking Harlem Road (240) all the way down to OP, which intersects with Genesee (road the airport is on) but you could also take Union Road (277).

One thing that I would just like to add which I think is commonly neglected when instructing people on how to get to and from the Ralph is that you don't have to take the expressways.  I never take the expressways (90, 219, etc.) when going or coming from the Ralph and I usually get there in about 30 minutes from Amherst, regardless of the time of day.  Lately we've been taking Harlem Road (240) all the way down to OP, which intersects with Genesee (road the airport is on) but you could also take Union Road (277).

457707[/snapback]

I live in WS off of East & West near Union. Joe has some good advice: Park in Drive 5 (off of Route 20/ aka Southwestern Blvd.) and take 20 to either 277 (Union) or Transit Road (I think it's 78) and shoot up to the airport from there. Don't bother with the Thruway or 219 after the game; both the Union route and the Transit route are faster.

Southwestern Blvd eastbound is absolutely the best way out! Park in a private lot on Southwestern east of Abbott Road and on the Stadium side of the road (there may only be one lot like that...$10 to park.) You will have the least problem getting out that way. Follow Southwestern to Union Road, turn left, and follow all the way to Genesee Street. One more right and follow to the Airport. 20 minutes tops! STAY OFF THE THRUWAY!

PTR

I park in the stadium lot for 1PM games and am always able to catch a 7:10 flight, with enough time to fill up the tank in the rental car and return it. The key is to hang out in the lot after the game until about 5:45 or so. All the traffic thins out and it's pretty easy to get out.

I take SW Blvd west, then a right on Brompton, which feeds into McKinley, right (North) on McKinley, right on Willet (which is where McKinley ends), left (north) on Abbot, right (east) on Ridge, Ridge to thruway north/east to 33 east to airport. By that time there isn't much traffic.

Also, the buff. airport is small enough that you don't need a full hour before your flight departure. No shuttle bus for rental car return --just a short walk across the street. Lines aren't bad at security on sun. night either.

I wouldn't wait until a 10 PM flight -- you'll end up having to kill 3 hours in the airport, which is pretty boring.

Also, there are always a bunch of bills fans on the 7:15 flight to NYC.

Good luck.