Nice game by Drewbie

smokinandjokin

Bledsoe 24-38 for 363, 2 TD, 2 pick, plus a 6 yd TD run. Led a game winning drive which ended with a TD pass to Keyshawn (again).

Pass yards to date: DB 850 JP 355

Drew also had a pick returned for a TD, but overall, a nice game and a good win...JP has got to pick it up!!!

Bledsoe 24-38 for 363, 2 TD, 2 pick, plus a 6 yd TD run.  Led a game winning drive which ended with a TD pass to Keyshawn (again).

Pass yards to date:  DB 850  JP 355

Drew also had a pick returned for a TD, but overall, a nice game and a good win...JP has got to pick it up!!!

454911[/snapback]

Give him 3 more weeks.

Bledsoe 24-38 for 363, 2 TD, 2 pick, plus a 6 yd TD run.  Led a game winning drive which ended with a TD pass to Keyshawn (again).

454911[/snapback]

My excuses:

- Better offensive line

- Opponents in wins: 49ers, SD -- neither premier defenses, nowhere near caliber of ATL & TB

- More experienced coaching/playcalling/gameplanning

JP would do alright in Big D. I'm glad he's here and not there.

My excuses:

- Better offensive line

- Opponents in wins: 49ers, SD -- neither premier defenses, nowhere near caliber of ATL & TB

- More experienced coaching/playcalling/gameplanning

JP would do alright in Big D.  I'm glad he's here and not there.

454925[/snapback]

How do you know they have a better offensive line?

Yet, I am glad that some people here are starting to appreciate the importance of an offensive line. It is odd that a lot of people here did not place as much emphasis on the line the past couple of years.

How do you know they have a better offensive line?

Yet, I am glad that some people here are starting to appreciate the importance of an offensive line.  It is odd that a lot of people here did not place as much emphasis on the line the past couple of years.

454932[/snapback]

You're kidding, right? Every third post here is about the line.

You're kidding, right?  Every third post here is about the line.

454938[/snapback]

My reference was to when people seemed to blame one person (DB) for the sacks that the Bills allowed when he was the QB. Now, all the people who were screaming that it was all his fault have gotten what they want (JP) and all of a sudden they have had a revelation about the importance of offensive line play.

454911[/snapback]

One thing really stood out yesterday after watching Losman and the Drewster. The Drewster is still an accurate downfield passer when given time. We have to go back to 2002 to see Drew play for the Bills as he did for D yesterday, but he appears to be "reborn" again. Yeah, the pick for a TD was a bad decision, but he played well. Nice game Drew.....

JP or Drew, it sure would be nice to have the time to throw that Brady gets most of the time, especially when the worlkd knows he's gonna throw. In those situations, it seems that JP (or Drew) face or faced jailbreaks.....

Williams was out, Villariel left again (Preston got whipped horribly by Coleman more than once). Teague was also beaten badly 3-4 times yetsreday. All in all, the line just doesn't pass protect very well. Especially with backups....

Atl led the league in sacks last year. Their front 7 is PHENOMENAL.

Yes, their secondary was dinged up, but their D front is more than capable of masking such deficiencies.

455171[/snapback]

Well for being such a phenomenal front 7, Willis sure had a field day with them.

Well, unlike OUR front 7, they made plays when it mattered-- didn't they?

455181[/snapback]

They should have made those plays and many others. How they even gave up 140 rushing if they are that good when the Bills showed zero ability to pass the ball is beyond me.

They should have made those plays and many others. How they even gave up 140 rushing if they are that good when the Bills showed zero ability to pass the ball is beyond me.

455189[/snapback]

Despite what some think, this OL is a pretty good run-blocking line.

He just passed Montana in total passing yards. Up next.....Fouts.

But, he sucks, right?  :)Good Luck Drew

454935[/snapback]

Let me know when he catches the obviously awesome Vinny Testaverde. I guess he didn't suck either because he threw for nearly 5,000 more yards than Joe Montana. :(

I'll believe the current version of Drew is more than a mediocre QB when he beats a quality opponent on the road late in the season. I sure as hell ain't gonna laud him for coming back to beat last season's "laughingstock of the NFL".

363 yards passing against the Niners? Whoopie.

Let me know when he catches the obviously awesome Vinny Testaverde. I guess he didn't suck either because he threw for nearly 5,000 more yards than Joe Montana

To make you happy, I'll break it down into yards/season:

Testeverde: 2470.83

Bledsoe: 3127.54

Little bit of difference there.

I'll believe the current version of Drew is more than a mediocre QB when he beats a quality opponent on the road late in the season.  I sure as hell ain't gonna laud him for coming back to beat last season's "laughingstock of the NFL"

I like how the requirements keep getting steeper and steeper.

First it was, "He'll be sacked 100 times."

When that didn't happen (JPL has been sacked more than Bledsoe this season), it was, "He needs to win against a good opponent on the road!"

When the Cowboys beat the Chargers, it's now, "He has to beat a quality opponent on the road late in the season." Why not modify it to say, "He has to beat a quality opponent on the road late in the season with a broken arm and a patch over one eye?" :(

The same thing happened in Buffalo last year. "He can't win on the road." "He can't win on the road against a good opponent." "He can't win on the road on the west coast." Blah blah blh.

There's more to football than just the QB. OL comes to mind.

CW

To make you happy, I'll break it down into yards/season:

Testeverde: 2470.83

Bledsoe: 3127.54

Little bit of difference there.

I like how the requirements keep getting steeper and steeper.

First it was, "He'll be sacked 100 times."

When that didn't happen (JPL has been sacked more than Bledsoe this season), it was, "He needs to win against a good opponent on the road!"

When the Cowboys beat the Chargers, it's now, "He has to beat a quality opponent on the road late in the season."  Why not modify it to say, "He has to beat a quality opponent on the road late in the season with a broken arm and a patch over one eye?"  :(

The same thing happened in Buffalo last year.  "He can't win on the road."  "He can't win on the road against a good opponent."  "He can't win on the road on the west coast."  Blah blah blh.

There's more to football than just the QB.  OL comes to mind.

CW

455252[/snapback]

I don't recall saying anything about him being sacked 100 times (I'm not sure the Chargers are a quality opponent either). My biggest gripe with Drew has always been his inability to raise his level when it matters most. I don't hate the guy and honestly hope he plays well because he's one of the good guys in the league. But I've learned over the years that he's far more likely to disappoint than anything (2-14 record as a starter with horrendous statistics against teams with more than 10 wins).

There's definitely alot more to winning than QB play but when you have a great one (like Brady) you tend to win alot more than you lose.

There's definitely alot more to winning than QB play but when you have a great one (like Brady) you tend to win alot more than you lose.

455477[/snapback]

The problem is that there aren't many great ones out there.

CW