Gotta evacuate.....

Well guys, the levee did breach and I ended up with a foot of water in my house. Not everything was lost because I put all that I could fit on top of tables, but I did lose my fridge, stove, washer, and dryer. I lost a bunch of clothes also. The water is completely drained. I have to redo my flooring in the whole house because it's all soft. The toilet in the bathroom went through the floor, and there is another hole I noticed underneath the tile in the wash room.

Yesterday, it was pretty neat to see choppers flying over my house with large sand bags to block the water so they can fix levee.

Today I just got assistance from FEMA, and yesterday Red Cross gave us alot of cleaning supplies and assistance. Now i'm waiting to hear back from my insurance when they can come look at the damage.

The weather isn't too bad right now, but the water surge is forcing us to evacuate. A police officer just came to my door and said we must leave now because the levee a block away from my house is about to collapse. The water is at the levee's top and about to go over. They said if the levee doesn't hold, then i'll have 5 feet of water in my house.  :(

Well, see you guys when I get back, wish me luck!  :P

451870[/snapback]

:lol:

Stay strong, and good luck!

Well, Im one to always see a silver lining. I hope that through all this turmoil and hastle that you come out ahead on your house. Maybe in the insurance settlement you can actually upgrade things. Fridge, stove, ummmm 70" HD Plasma screen!! :D

Thanks!

Yes, we do have flood insurance, so we won't have to pay for anything. Knowing the area I moved into surrounded by bodies of water on all sides, I wasn't gonna move here if I couldn't get flood insurance. Neighbors told me that this is the first time the water has gotten that high since 1942. FEMA also told us that they pay for people to raise their houses in flooded areas, so i'm concidering about 5 more feet to assure this won't happen again.

Actually I did until these two storms passed. You should see how many house boats are in the middle of the highways, or sunk, or upside down now.

456848[/snapback]

Aren't houseboats seaworthy and could relocate before hurricanes strike? I do know that some are used as a tax dodge to establish a residence so to avoid real property and school taxes and suck up community services on the other guy's dime. No? :D

Well guys, the levee did breach and I ended up with a foot of water in my house. Not everything was lost because I put all that I could fit on top of tables, but I did lose my fridge, stove, washer, and dryer. I lost a bunch of clothes also. The water is completely drained. I have to redo my flooring in the whole house because it's all soft. The toilet in the bathroom went through the floor, and there is another hole I noticed underneath the tile in the wash room.

Yesterday, it was pretty neat to see choppers flying over my house with large sand bags to block the water so they can fix levee.

Today I just got assistance from FEMA, and yesterday Red Cross gave us alot of cleaning supplies and assistance. Now i'm waiting to hear back from my insurance when they can come look at the damage.

451870[/snapback]

Good luck with the reconstruction. Thank God no one in the family was hurt!

Sounds like you have a more positive attitude than I would have. :lol::lol: