Belichick is correct about goal line cameras

Peter

Belichick wants league to have cameras at end of each goal line

Belichick has asked the league to place cameras at the end of each goal line. He is absolutely correct.

Why in the world would the league not implement this as standard practice is beyond me.

This drives me crazy every time the league/networks do not have camera directly on the goal line when there is a controversial call at the goal line. They also should have a camera directly on the side line. When Carr "scored" his "TD," there should have been a camera angle that could have shown whether he was out of bounds before the ball cross the goal line.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think technology can do better than cameras. At this point there is no reason to not have some type of sensors on the ball and at the goal line. Then there would be NO question as to whether it reached the goal line.

Of course, that would have to be used in combination with cameras to see if the ball carrier was down or out of bounds.

Belichick wants league to have cameras at end of each goal line

Belichick has asked the league to place cameras at the end of each goal line.  He is absolutely correct.

Why in the world would the league not implement this as standard practice is beyond me.

This drives me crazy every time the league/networks do not have camera directly on the goal line when there is a controversial call at the goal line.  They also should have a camera directly on the side line.  When Carr "scored" his "TD," there should have been a camera angle that could have shown whether he was out of bounds before the ball cross the goal line.

447774[/snapback]

Especially when you consider the disparity of coverage not only by the differant networks, but even game to game on the same network. Some games have 6 cameras, some have 10. Wonder if having a game in Hi_Def makes any differance to the reply calls.

With so much on the line in every game in the NFL, I agree every stadium should have the same exact views for all plays.

Especially when you consider the disparity of coverage  not only by the differant networks, but even game to game on the same network. Some games have 6 cameras, some have 10. Wonder if having a game in Hi_Def makes any differance to the reply calls.

With so much on the line in every game in the NFL, I agree every stadium should have the same exact views for all plays.

447794[/snapback]

I agree, inventions such as these have changed tennis also where there is now no question about line calls. But the key here is that it needs to be done for all stadiums or none at all.

Especially when you consider the disparity of coverage  not only by the differant networks, but even game to game on the same network. Some games have 6 cameras, some have 10. Wonder if having a game in Hi_Def makes any differance to the reply calls.

447794[/snapback]

You are absolutely correct.

With the billions that the NFL makes, there is no excuse for not having consistency throughout the league and with each game.

I think technology can do better than cameras. At this point there is no reason to not have some type of sensors on the ball and at the goal line. Then there would be NO question as to whether it reached the goal line.

Of course, that would have to be used in combination with cameras to see if the ball carrier was down or out of bounds.

447783[/snapback]

Nahh the sensor thing would make balls too expensive. They tried it in the NHL with puck sensors - each puck cost $200 and each time the lost a puck to the crowd they lost $200.

Also - how would a sensor know whether the player was down before the ball crosses the goalline or not?

A goalline camera is a smart idea - but even then if there is a mass of bodies how can the replay official TRULY know if the ball crossed the plan before the player is downed?

Nice idea - but should remain at the idea stage only.

No it wouldn't have seen his foot go out, first off.

Secondly the coach has got to ask to have it reviewed and MM didn't.

447777[/snapback]

We wont know for sure, because the Bills had no timeouts, therefore Mularkey couldnt have challenged it...so quit your anti-mularkey crusade already

447783[/snapback]

right I believe with RFID installed in football and a set of sensors we actually might be able to elliminate the measuring of a first down, placement issue of ball, whether ball broke plain of the goal line etc. The technology is there we dont need freaking cameras.

He said

"on the field "

Friggen moron.

447828[/snapback]

He also said 6 refs on the field. You came back with 7. If you want to play the semantic game, there is only 1 Referee.

Again, you are wrong.

We wont know for sure, because the Bills had no timeouts, therefore Mularkey couldnt have challenged it...so quit your anti-mularkey crusade already

447833[/snapback]

And why didn't we have any timeouts left? I believe we still had one left at that point BTW.

And why didn't we have any timeouts left?    I believe we still had one left at that point BTW.

447843[/snapback]

The Bills had ZERO timeouts left at that time. So, no, MM could not challenge it. I am sure of it. But, you're right, VA, why did the team squander all its timeouts that early?