Belichick is correct about goal line cameras

Peter

right I believe with RFID installed in football and a set of sensors we actually might be able to elliminate the measuring of a first down, placement issue of ball, whether ball broke plain of the goal line etc.  The technology is there we dont need freaking cameras.

447834[/snapback]

Which end of the ball would we use for measurement then? How would we know if it was the right way around? What if the spot of the ball needs to be 2 yards further back from where the ball actually finished because the player reached for more yards when he was down??

In-ball technology can only hurt, not help our sport.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And why didn't we have any timeouts left?    I believe we still had one left at that point BTW.

447843[/snapback]

From the Gamebook:

1-7-HST 7 (3:33) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete to 82-J.Reed. Overthrown, receiver in rear right corner of end zone.

Timeout #1 by BUF at 03:27.

1-10-BUF 20 (9:09) 80-A.Johnson right tackle to BUF 18 for 2 yards (24-T.McGee, 59-L.Fletcher). Reverse, handoff from D.Carr.

PENALTY on BUF-98-R.Edwards, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 18. X4

Timeout #2 by BUF at 08:52.

1-2-BUF 2 (7:26) PENALTY on HST-8-D.Carr, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 2 - No Play.

Timeout #3 by BUF at 07:16.

4-1-BUF 1 (6:44) 8-D.Carr right end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. R6

3-K.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-48-B.Pittman, Holder-7-C.Stanley.

Gamebook's probably wrong though, because VABills says so...two of the timeouts were on that TD drive...

The Bills had ZERO timeouts left at that time. So, no, MM could not challenge it. I am sure of it. But, you're right, VA, why did the team squander all its timeouts that early?

447855[/snapback]

I am sure the crew here will blame JP, Mcgahee, Lindell, Reed, Shelton, Edwards or TD, but not the coach. Of course not, coaching isn't responsible for the horrible play calling and our 1 of 6 inside the 20 and then only because of ill advised 4th and 2. Of that 3 runs on 1st down against TB.

That's why there are 6 refs on the field and we don't ref football games by video.

It's not broke and it don't need fixing.

447819[/snapback]

Ahh, if there was no replay I would agree there Nick, but we HAVE replay and it is not the same in every stadium. I, for one, wish replay would go away, but I do not think that will be the case anytime soon. So, if your gunna have, have it the same for all games. One team should not have access to better angles and more views because they play on Sunday or Monday night as opposed to Sunday at 1.00pm , and that is unfortunetly what we have.

That call would have been crystal clear on a night game as they would have had the cameras on the goal line.

From the Gamebook:

1-7-HST 7 (3:33) 7-J.Losman pass incomplete to 82-J.Reed. Overthrown, receiver in rear right corner of end zone.

Timeout #1 by BUF at 03:27.

1-10-BUF 20 (9:09) 80-A.Johnson right tackle to BUF 18 for 2 yards (24-T.McGee, 59-L.Fletcher). Reverse, handoff from D.Carr.

PENALTY on BUF-98-R.Edwards, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 18. X4

Timeout #2 by BUF at 08:52.

1-2-BUF 2 (7:26) PENALTY on HST-8-D.Carr, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 2 - No Play.

Timeout #3 by BUF at 07:16.

4-1-BUF 1 (6:44) 8-D.Carr right end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. R6

3-K.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-48-B.Pittman, Holder-7-C.Stanley.

Gamebook's probably wrong though, because VABills says so...two of the timeouts were on that TD drive...

447869[/snapback]

I said I believe, which meant I was sure. Don't be an ass.

Nahh the sensor thing would make balls too expensive. They tried it in the NHL with puck sensors - each puck cost $200 and each time the lost a puck to the crowd they lost $200.

447818[/snapback]

Then again, every time Miro Satan stepped on the ice last year the Sabres lost about $63,000. Which is the more foolish spending decision? :)

Davis DID NOT score on that play. The Patsies got rooked. And you know what....

I LOVE IT!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Bout time the Pats got stiffed. Not that it would have mattered. Once they actually started calling penalties on them, the Panthers whooped em...

The day somebody puts a computer chip inside of a football is the day life becomes 100% not worth living.

447898[/snapback]

Actually the coming thing will be to put the computerchip in every players head. A fan will be chosen to either see things through the players eye or control his body to make him dance like the Burger King guy.

The possibilitie are endful.

Davis DID NOT score on that play. The Patsies got rooked. And you know what....

I LOVE IT!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Bout time the Pats got stiffed. Not that it would have mattered. Once they actually started calling penalties on them, the Panthers whooped em...

Who cares if Davis scored or not? The Pats have been the beneficiaries of multitudes of bad calls that conveniently aren't reviewable or which they prevent being reviewed by quickly running a play. Belichick sounds like the biggest fuggin' hypocrite ever just because a big call (finally) went against him. How about talking about how the refs blew the whistle early, negating the fumble by Davis and recovery in the endzone (for a TD) by a Panthers' O-lineman? How about talking about the need for challenges not tied to TO's? Why not challenge it ANYWAY? Nope, all that needs to be done is more cameras. It's as laughable a solution as Bob Kraft's solution to add 2 more playoff teams in each conference, after the Pats missed the playoffs in 2002.

Hopefully what we saw is a shifting of thinking WRT refs favoring the Pats.

No, you've got it wrong.  They're so good that what looks like holding when another team does it is NOT holding when they do it.

448236[/snapback]

Ah yes, so THAT'S how they do it.... :)

EXCEPT, in Carolina last week, where NE was called for infractions that all the other 31 teams generally get called on...

Belichick has asked the league to place cameras at the end of each goal line.  He is absolutely correct.

447774[/snapback]

I agree also. If it's good enough for horseracing, where money's on the line, then it's good enough for the NFL where, as we all know, money's on the line.