Calm Down!

Dr. K

It was funny this week reading all the posters here complaining, for instance, that Dr. Z only ranked the Bills 13th when obviously they deserved much higher, and crowing about Fox ranking the Bills 3rd, and etc. etc. Egos were bloated. Not everyone, of course, but enough to make me laugh.

Now we'll get people raving that the Bills ought to fire everyone and start over, that Losman should be benched, etc. etc.

I don't know how good or bad this team will be this season, and neither do you. You have to expect a QB starting his second NFL game in his career, on the road against a good D, to have problems.

I expect Losman to get better, and the team to play better. I expect the defense to play better, barring injury, and McGahee to run better. I think stopping the run without Pat Williams is going to be harder. But until we are up to game 6 or 8 we are not going to have a good sense of what to expect each week.

Take a deep breath, and hang on.

It was funny this week reading all the posters here complaining, for instance, that Dr. Z only ranked the Bills 13th when obviously they deserved much higher, and crowing about Fox ranking the Bills 3rd, and etc. etc.  Egos were bloated.  Not everyone, of course, but enough to make me laugh.

Now we'll get people raving that the Bills ought to fire everyone and start over, that Losman should be benched, etc. etc.

I don't know how good or bad this team will be this season, and neither do you.  You have to expect a QB starting his second NFL game in his career, on the road against a good D, to have problems. 

I expect Losman to get better, and the team to play better.  I expect the defense to play better, barring injury, and McGahee to run better.  I think stopping the run without Pat Williams is going to be harder.  But until we are up to game 6 or 8 we are not going to have a good sense of what to expect each week. 

445099[/snapback]

very well put... we prolly have a middle of the road team that played like crap today against a quality opponent. I think all reasonable fans should be happy with a record around .500 this year

DR. K.

I argree with you.

I mean, c'mon. The bucs have a very, very, good D. If not great. C. Williams is the real deal. The bucs managed to succeed in their game plan.

This season should be looked at with hope, not disappointment when we lose. It's going to happen. This is actually the year that we've been waiting for...a new begining. It's here, rejoice Bills fans! We finally have what we have wanted.

JP had a hard time, but in reality, he did fine.

The D was spent. It was hot. It was hostile. The D spent a LOT of time on the field. But we didn't give up. JP did not give up. This is good.

Let's see what happens this season. It's never easy to say, 'this season is a measuring stick for the young boy'. But, it is.

We'll be ok. Let's tough it out Bills fans. Let's tough it out.

well, maybe we should lock them up in a small area and let the fumes get to them

445137[/snapback]

Sounds like a plan to me.

I don't place this loss on the players' shoulders. I think the coaching staff was WOEFULLY unprepared for this game. That being said, i ain't jumping ship.

that is what being a fan is all about, unlike the bandwagon jumpers that like the cowboys and broncos abd patriots, etc...

445143[/snapback]

It's just stupid to bail on a kid who's starting for the second time of his career, when his receivers drop balls, his defense doesn't tackle and his OL, well, missed the plane.

It's just stupid to bail on a kid who's starting for the second time of his career, when his receivers drop balls, his defense doesn't tackle and his OL, well, missed the plane.

445148[/snapback]

agreed, i am appalled to see people callin for his head already. i do think what MM did in giving him a series off was bright, but it also shows the character of the guy.

It was funny this week reading all the posters here complaining, for instance, that Dr. Z only ranked the Bills 13th when obviously they deserved much higher, and crowing about Fox ranking the Bills 3rd, and etc. etc.  Egos were bloated.  Not everyone, of course, but enough to make me laugh.

I don't know how good or bad this team will be this season, and neither do you.  You have to expect a QB starting his second NFL game in his career, on the road against a good D, to have problems. 

I expect Losman to get better, and the team to play better.  I expect the defense to play better, barring injury, and McGahee to run better.  I think stopping the run without Pat Williams is going to be harder.  But until we are up to game 6 or 8 we are not going to have a good sense of what to expect each week. 

445099[/snapback]

I expect a young QB to make young QB mistakes ie the safety...

But the lack of accuracy is just frightening and inexcusable. Can the dude make ANY throws? There were instances where he had time to throw and wasn't close to hitting a 5 yard out, a corner route, a 5 yd crossing route, a screen pass....

I dunno, it's really pathetic.

When was the last time this team overcame ANY adversity or overcame any kind of defecit on the road?

Thanks, its nice to see some people still have a hold of reality...As essentialy a rookie starter, anyone who thought JP wasnt going to have 4-5 of these types of games this season was of their tree...each game was a learning and a humbling experience...i'm not happy we lost, but plain and simple, we got dominated...on to Atlanta...

I expect a young QB to make young QB mistakes ie the safety...

But the lack of accuracy is just frightening and inexcusable.  Can the dude make ANY throws?  There were instances where he had time to throw and wasn't close to hitting a 5 yard out, a corner route, a 5 yd crossing route, a screen pass....

I dunno, it's really pathetic. 

When was the last time this team overcame ANY adversity or overcame any kind of defecit on the road?

445284[/snapback]

I think they were down 14-0 against Miami in Miami last season, and came back to win.

They were down 13-0 to the Jets in NY last season and scored twice to lead going into the last minute of the game. Jets kicked a FG to win.

Does anyone else think maybe we should go to the hurry-up permanently, or at least a lot more often, for JP? From preseason on it has looked to me like he's just more comfortable running it, and it seems to fit his gunslinging style in the same way that the K-Gun fit Jimbo.

445099[/snapback]

Both games show a deficiency on the offensive line- only this week, they didnt hold us to just fieldgoals