Bills Defense

Frez

Bills D sucked today.

444990[/snapback]

The run d was bad, no doubt about that. It got compounded 8000 times over when we couldn't get a first down. Our vaunted defense looked average, and will continue to look like that unless the offense can give them a breather.

Bills D sucked today.

444990[/snapback]

Attribute it to being on the field too long in the Florida heat and humidity. Same thing happened couple years back when Ricky Williams ripped the D for 150+ yards.

Also surprised Gray didn't rotate players often as I thought he would.

The run d was bad, no doubt about that. It got compounded 8000 times over when we couldn't get a first down. Our vaunted defense looked average, and will continue to look like that unless the offense can give them a breather.

445004[/snapback]

They also needed to stop with the friggin arm tackles on a really good back - that was just a piss poor effort - they spent a lot of time on the field, but some of that was due, even early on, to their inability to tackle...how many times did they make first contact behind or at the line of scrimmage and the bucs got 7 or 8 yards....

This was discussed in another thread with regards to Fletcher.  The gist being, once he left the game, the defense went to hell.  And Big Mike's absence was a blow.

445652[/snapback]

I don't agree with the Fletcher statement. With 6 min left in the 1st quarter, TB was driving until Milloy got the sack. The were running at will at that point. Maybe later in the week others who analyse the game will take a look at the first quarter. Maybe it wasn't quite as bad but it was still there.

UMMMMM when your D is on the firld for 2/3 of the game they are gonna stink a bit cause they are tired TIRED Tired. If it weren't for the D we wouldhave gotten it handed to us more. Count your lucky stars the D was as good as they were.

I don't agree with the Fletcher statement.  With 6 min left in the 1st quarter, TB was driving until Milloy got the sack.  The were running at will at that point.  Maybe later in the week others who analyse the game will take a look at the first quarter.  Maybe it wasn't quite as bad but it was still there.

445686[/snapback]

I agree, they were running with success from the get-go. Blaming that effort on fatigue or lack of Fletcher is just not accurate.

Attribute it to being on the field too long in the Florida heat and humidity.  Same thing happened couple years back when Ricky Williams ripped the D for 150+ yards.

Also surprised Gray didn't rotate players often as I thought he would.

445015[/snapback]

I just spoke with my brother who was at the game. He's lived in Florida for nearly 20 years and he said he couldn't believe how freakn' hot it was in the stadium. The Bills players on the sidelines were scrambling for good seats near the mist fans all day.

September in Florida really favors the home team. Just like our December's... :angry: