Even More from Cindy Sheehan

SilverNRed

Or just B word about everyone and call them lemmings on forums, then you'll just fit right in.  :)

445855[/snapback]

You have to admit that regardless of the facts, calling someone a "good man" is pretty irresponsibe and wildly stated hyperbole. At the same time, calling such a compliment a public blow job is just the type of understated, dignified and impartial commentary we need more of in public forums.

Well, in fairness, rescuing 270 hospital patients and staff from the ruins of a flooded hospital in the middle of the worst natural disaster in US history can't possibly justify my over the edge enthusiasm. Calling him a "good man" for that? I see now how exagerrated the claim was. I wish I had addresses and phone numbers of all the people on those evacuation flights so I could relay AD's revealing info about his old tax returns so they'll won't be taken in by Gore's clever "rescue" of them. I imagine that, so great will be their outrage and indignation that they will demand to be flown back to that flooded hospital.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to admit that regardless of the facts, calling someone a "good man" is pretty irresponsibe and wildly stated hyperbole.  At the same time, calling such a compliment a public blow job is just the type of understated, dignified and impartial commentary we need more of in public forums.

Well, in fairness, rescuing 270 hospital patients and staff from the ruins of a flooded hospital in the middle of the worst natural disaster in US history can't possibly justify my over the edge enthusiasm.  Calling him a "good man" for that?  I see now how exagerrated the claim was.  I wish I had addresses and phone numbers of all the people on those evacuation flights so I could relay AD's revealing info about his old tax returns so they'll won't be taken in by Gore's clever "rescue" of them.  I imagine that, so great will be their outrage and indignation that they will demand to be flown back to that flooded hospital.

446377[/snapback]

Where is the love for Bill Frist? He flew down there and used his background to become a medical volunteer. Where is the love for him? He didn't just spend money, he donated his time, as a medical doctor, to help people In Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Where is the love for Bill Frist? He flew down there and used his background to become a medical volunteer. Where is the love for him? He didn't just spend money, he donated his time, as a medical doctor, to help people In Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

446407[/snapback]

Never heard of his efforts since no one posted it. For the record, I commend him for his efforts and will reconsider referring him to only as "Senator Schiavo". I think in fact that we would all be better off if he concentrated exclusively on his medical career.

Never heard of his efforts since no one posted it.  For the record, I commend him for his efforts and will reconsider referring him to only as "Senator Schiavo".  I think in fact that we would all be better off if he concentrated exclusively on his medical career.

446561[/snapback]

Just as we would be if Al Gore stuck to "mending fences". :)

You have to admit that regardless of the facts, calling someone a "good man" is pretty irresponsibe and wildly stated hyperbole.  At the same time, calling such a compliment a public blow job is just the type of understated, dignified and impartial commentary we need more of in public forums.

Well, in fairness, rescuing 270 hospital patients and staff from the ruins of a flooded hospital in the middle of the worst natural disaster in US history can't possibly justify my over the edge enthusiasm.  Calling him a "good man" for that?  I see now how exagerrated the claim was.  I wish I had addresses and phone numbers of all the people on those evacuation flights so I could relay AD's revealing info about his old tax returns so they'll won't be taken in by Gore's clever "rescue" of them.  I imagine that, so great will be their outrage and indignation that they will demand to be flown back to that flooded hospital.

446377[/snapback]

Yeah, it's as simple as tax returns. You'll never cease to amaze in your blind following of the liberal politicos, forever coddling and cajoling, ignoring the disgusting transgretions for the single grain of sand they occasionally provide.

Al Gore. Environmentalist. Good Man.

Salon Reports

On the bright side, I know where to go for daily updates on the Sheehan situation.  Maybe you could send text messages to my cell phone so I'll be sure not to miss any of your nuanced views? 

446364[/snapback]

What an adorable reply! Would you like to address any of what I said or are you content with the strawman stuff you just tried to get away with?

If it's just the latter, stop wasting everyone's time.

Never heard of his efforts since no one posted it.  For the record, I commend him for his efforts and will reconsider referring him to only as "Senator Schiavo".  I think in fact that we would all be better off if he concentrated exclusively on his medical career.

446561[/snapback]

Here you go:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9192863/

Let's see if you can swallow enough pride to call him a 'good man'.

NY Times proves my point

Another "excellent" article today on Mrs. Sheehan by NY Times. :)

Of course they don't cover any of the loony things this woman says or writes because then the people who aren't paying close attention on their own might actually know she's completely unhinged and not worth listening to.

If they only print the "non-crazy" things she says, she actually seems like a legitimate voice against the War in Iraq, which is all the NY Times is looking for.

Cindy Sheehan, the mother of an American soldier killed in Iraq, last night brought her campaign to end the war to New York, where she accused Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of not doing enough to challenge the Bush administration's Iraq policies.

Speaking in front of more than 500 supporters in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, Ms. Sheehan, speaking of Senator Clinton, said, "She knows that the war is a lie but she is waiting for the right time to say it."

Then, as the crowd cheered, she issued a challenge to Senator Clinton, saying, "You say it or you are losing your job."

A spokesman for Senator Clinton, while not commenting about Ms. Sheehan's remarks, said that the senator, while voting to give President Bush the authority to go to war, has been very critical of the way he has chosen to use that authority.

The main focus of Ms. Sheehan's anger, however, continued to be the Bush administration. She camped outside President Bush's vacation home in Crawford, Tex., for many days last month, a move that earned her widespread attention .

Since leaving Texas, Ms. Sheehan, of Vacaville, Calif., has been traveling around the country, rallying people against the war. Her entourage includes other parents who lost their children in the war, families of soldiers overseas, and veterans who have returned from Iraq.

The tour culminates with what organizers hope will be a huge protest in Washington Sept. 24 to 26.

Many in the crowd at the Lafayette Avenue Presbyterian Church last night were eager to get a peek at the woman whom they had seen on television.

*Cough* promoted by the media *Cough*

What an adorable reply!  Would you like to address any of what I said or are you content with the strawman stuff you just tried to get away with?

If it's just the latter, stop wasting everyone's time.

446788[/snapback]

The only comment I had for you in this thread was an observation that you are obsessed with Cindy Sheehan. Engaging in a lengthy debate with you about how much you hate that woman would put me on the obsession merry-go-round right along with you. I'll pass, but thanks. As for your other views, they are as predictable as they are without nuance so there is not much point there either.

Yeah, it's as simple as tax returns.  You'll never cease to amaze in your blind following of the liberal politicos, forever coddling and cajoling, ignoring the disgusting transgretions for the single grain of sand they occasionally provide.

Al Gore.  Environmentalist.  Good Man.

Salon Reports

446739[/snapback]

Lets see, I said "Al Gore is a good man" and what you heard was "...blind following of the liberal politicos, forever coddling and cajoling, ignoring the disgusting transgretions [sic]......" blah, blah, blah. Okay, if you really think a nod to Al Gore for helping to rescue 270 hospital patients and staff justifies the characterization of a virtual public blow job you keep giving it, fine, there is no reason to discuss this any further. I think "Al Gore is a good man" was a decent and warranted nod to an act of kindness in the middle of a disaster, to you it was a justified opportunity to spit out a bunch of insults at both me and Gore. Fine, you hate Al Gore, I get it already.

The only comment I had for you in this thread was an observation that you are obsessed with Cindy Sheehan.  Engaging in a lengthy debate with you about how much you hate that woman would put me on the obsession merry-go-round right along with you.  I'll pass, but thanks.  As for your other views, they are as predictable as they are without nuance so there is not much point there either.

446899[/snapback]

You mock me for having "predictable" views and in the same breath you completely miss what I'm saying. I don't "hate" Cindy Sheehan. I pity her. She lost her son, her husband just filed for divorce, and she talks in gibbirish.

I "hate" the media for misrepresenting her as something she is not.

Try to understand what I'm saying (and repeating over and over for your sake) before you whine about my "lack of nuance."

Lets see, I said "Al Gore is a good man" and what you heard was "...blind following of the liberal politicos, forever coddling and cajoling, ignoring the disgusting transgretions [sic]......" blah, blah, blah.  Okay, if you really think a nod to Al Gore for helping to rescue 270 hospital patients and staff justifies the characterization of a virtual public blow job you keep giving it, fine, there is no reason to discuss this any further.  I think "Al Gore is a good man" was a decent and warranted nod to an act of kindness in the middle of a disaster, to you it was a justified opportunity to spit out a bunch of insults at both me and Gore.  Fine, you hate Al Gore, I get it already.

446920[/snapback]

Mostly because one act of decency doesn't make up for a lifetime of hypocrisy just because he shares some membership in your political party.

I don't hate Al Gore. I don't know him. I hate what he stands for, many of the things he has done, and the fact there there are people out there who are willing to give him a pass because they know his name. If you could see past your party affiliation you probably would too. I guess that's simply too much to ask.

Cindy Sheehan is a complete freakshow. Everyone loves a freakshow. Originally she was on TV because people thought she was relevant. Now she gets press because she's a complete lunatic. It's entertainment, folks.

Mickey? I'll take it a step further. You are full of shidt and I actually for a long time thought better of you.

447175[/snapback]

Bush Bad? I used to give you better more credit than that. Double talk your smart lawyer talk, but face it, you have begun a pundit.

Let me hear your Gore philosophy and how he would have had such a serious handle on everthing from how he would have saved New Orleans to dealing with the world's bad guys.

I'm serious, You want to answer our troubles from your wonder world perspective?

Pick a subject and have an answer, pick two. Easy to B word.

Bush Bad? I used to give you better more credit than that. Double talk your smart lawyer talk, but face it, you have begun a pundit.

Let me hear your Gore philosophy and how he would have had such a serious handle on everthing from how he would have saved New Orleans to dealing with the world's bad guys.

I'm serious, You want to answer our troubles from your wonder world perspective?

Pick a subject and have an answer, pick two. Easy to B word.

447209[/snapback]

Pull over buddy, I think you've had enough. :doh: