I cant wait until JP comes back

Justice

Not if MM's system dictates a qb drop with a pass on 3rd and 1 from the one-yard line.

31046[/snapback]

3rd and 1 from the one .... after getting stuffed twice before AND facing arguably the best interior d-line in the NFL with arguably the worst interior o-line in the NFL. Every coach in the NFL would have passed there.

How do you figure?

31034[/snapback]

First of all, he is mobile. If you ever watched Pitt then you see the QB on the move with bootlegs and rollouts. JP of course, can provide that.

JP will also cover up the O-lines inability to pass protect. He is a threat that the "D" cannot ignore and if they put a spy on him that opens up the passing game to which JP is capable of doing, because of his strong arm and quick release.

MM likes to run trick plays. Which QB of the two has the athletic ability to pull it off?

JP is a rookie, so he doesn't have old habits that are hard to break. Did you ever hear that saying " You can't teach an old dog new tricks ". JP doesn't apply to that, but Drew does.

I definitely think JP will put up more points for Buffalo.

3rd and 1 from the one .... after getting stuffed twice before AND facing arguably the best interior d-line in the NFL with arguably the worst interior o-line in the NFL. Every coach in the NFL would have passed there.

31071[/snapback]

Disagree. If stuffed, do it again on 4th. If stopped, you leave a Jax offense that wasn't lighting up the scoreboard on their one yard line. You could run a Triple-T, maybe with a direct snap to a RB, too.

You are advocating that an offense gets dictated to by a defense. You do that enough you will lose.

You are advocating that an offense gets dictated to by a defense. You do that enough you will lose.

31131[/snapback]

I guess we just disagree.

I am not advocating anything--I observed that the Jags d-line pushed our o-line backwards on the goal line on 1st and 2nd downs. I think in that scenario you have to pass. What I don't understand is why we didn't try the "playaction/ TE is wide open in the endzone" play. Every other team in the league runs that play.

First of all, he is mobile. If you ever watched Pitt then you see the QB on the move with bootlegs and rollouts. JP of course, can provide that.

JP will also cover up the O-lines inability to pass protect. He is a threat that the "D" cannot ignore and if they put a spy on him that opens up the passing game to which JP is capable of  doing, because of his strong arm and quick release.

MM likes to run trick plays. Which QB of the two has the athletic ability to pull it off?

JP is a rookie, so he doesn't have old habits that are hard to break. Did you ever hear that saying " You can't teach an old dog new tricks ". JP doesn't apply to that, but Drew does.

31074[/snapback]

Christ....when will people get it....

I DONT WANT A QB THAT MASKS THE OL INABILITY TO PROTECT....I WANT A OL THAT WILL FRICKEN PROTECT CONSISTANTLY.....why do you want a fricken bandaid? Look at the recent super bowl winners.....their QB's could catch Z's behind their line and not get touched.....while guys like McNabb dont get there every year because the team relies too much on their scrambling.....

I love the way JP can move around........but if you dont have the horses working well up front then in the end it doesnt AMOUNT TO JACK SQUAT

JP will also cover up the O-lines inability to pass protect. He is a threat that the "D" cannot ignore and if they put a spy on him that opens up the passing game to which JP is capable of  doing, because of his strong arm and quick release.

31074[/snapback]

Ugh. Would you please stop with the mobile QB crap. It is overblown and just NOT true. Pull up any stats for me PLEASE that say a "mobile" QB gets sacked less or is more productive than an "immobile" QB. Mike Vick was sacked 4 times last week. Drew was sack once. In 2002 Drew was sacked 50 times. Culpepper was sacked 45 times.

Tom Brady, Jake Delhomme, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson. Just a couple names I thought I would throw at you.

The speed of defensive linemen and the complex blitz packages has changed the game. Guys like Brady, Favre, and Delhomme can all buy themselves that extra half-second needed to make a positive play and are extremely accurate when flushed out the pocket. I cannot think of one successful QB today that is not mobile behind the line of scrimmage. Taking off and running for 20 yards is over-rated because it happens so infrequently and QB's that run a lot never stay healthy.

Like Rico stated, McGahee should have been in the game on that 1st and goal at the 3. He should have been the go to guy. Didn't the pre-season show the Bills Coaches anything ???? MaGahee pushes the pile for at least 2 yards every carry !

I've been worried about his speed but certainly not his strength !

Ugh ! So many missed opportunities... It's so friggin maddening !

Like Rico stated, McGahee should have been in the game on that 1st and goal at the 3. He should have been the go to guy. Didn't the pre-season show the Bills Coaches anything ????  MaGahee pushes the pile for at least 2 yards every carry !

I've been worried about his speed but certainly not his strength ! 

Ugh !  So many missed opportunities... It's so friggin maddening !

31225[/snapback]

And by running your sending your team a message. Plus if they didnt make it

you have the Jags pinned by their goal line. And with that crowd noise only good things will happen.

What I don't understand is why we didn't try the "playaction/ TE is wide open in the endzone" play. Every other team in the league runs that play.

31136[/snapback]

I liked that "playaction/Fullback is wide open in the endzone" play from last night - I think it would work almost every time in 1st/2nd down. FB fakes a chip block and heads wide - if the other team respects the run he will be open all the time because the LB with responsibility wants to make the stuff.

I think we used week 1 to set up different options over the season.

Christ....when will people get it....

I DONT WANT A QB THAT MASKS THE OL INABILITY TO PROTECT....I WANT A OL THAT WILL FRICKEN PROTECT CONSISTANTLY.....why do you want a fricken bandaid?  Look at the recent super bowl winners.....their QB's could catch Z's behind their line and not get touched.....while guys like McNabb dont get there every year because the team relies too much on their scrambling.....

I love the way JP can move around........but if you dont have the horses working well up front then in the end it doesnt AMOUNT TO JACK SQUAT

31143[/snapback]

I wish that TD, along with more Bills fans would feel this way.

Well said John.

31074[/snapback]

I think that Losman is impressive for a rookie, but read my lips here: JP LOSMAN IS A ROOKIE.

I can easily wait until he gets back on the active roster because the result would almost certainly be the same whether he was active or not, JPL contributes nothing to this team whether he is playing or not because this team is not going to win much with a rookie as QB and particularly this rookie as QB.

Among the things which it appears Losman will need to learn before he can contribute to the Bills are:

1. The ability to read pro defenses and learn pro defensive tricks- This effort mostly takes time and practice seeing different pro defenses. The good news is that he can get this from the booth as with a set of advantages and disadvantages compared to seeing them under center. It appears to me that actually the advantages of seeing Ds with Sam Wyche sitting next to him and schooling him on what he sees actually far outweighs the disadvantages of the working look he would get seeing these Ds under center. I think JP will likely be a better QB because he gets to focus on learning the game due to his injury without the distraction of being prepared each week just in case he gets called upon.

2. Better throwing mechanics- From what i hear from those who have reviewed a lot of Losman college films is that one can see the fact that he often threw on the run behind a porous Tulane O-line. The good thing he took from this is that JP learned to throw completions when he was off balanced and learned how to take a hit. The bad thong he took from this is that he sometimes throws off-balance and doesn't take the time to set himself to throw for maximum distance with maximum accuracy. Alot of this will only be finalized by JP on the field, but he needs to understand fully what he needs to do, believe in it and visualize it. He can start this process now and get it down.

3. Understand his teammates tendencies- JP will need to develop a chemistry with Evans and the other Bills that will only come with playing with them, but for now he needs to watch his teammates and learn how they react to pressure and situations and al,ost be able to predict what they will do as they do it. he can also do this now.

Quite frankly, he would do very little beyond watching, learning and thinking about it anyway as most of the field time would go to Drew and to our #2 since if Brown had not been hurt he almost certainly would have been our disaster QB and even with Brown hurt, there is an even money chance that the impressive vet performance from Matthews would have made him #3 on the depth chart.

The losman injury isthe least of my concerns about the Bills because even with his great showing he (like carson Palmer, Vick, Pennington and even Tom Brady) is going to contribute to the team which drafted him in his second season at best.