Speaking of large crowds entering the stadium...

udonkey

Did anyone else get stuck trying to EXIT the stadium? Walked over to one of the gates and the crowd was large, it was single file leaving. There were several large chain link gates, but all had a chain and a large lock. When people started climbing the 10"+ fence and I looked over and saw thousands of people walking our direction, I really couldn't believe that there wasn't stadium staff somewhere around to unlock the gates to let us out. We turned around, went to another gate, and literally waited 10-15 minutes to leave.

Very strange. Thank God there wasn't an emergency in which we all would've needed to exit quickly.

Getting in and getting out of the stadium is like a prison camp nowadays. Pat Downs on the way in. Locked gates on the way out. What the heck is going on here?

The TRAFFIC was the absolute worst I have ever seen it both coming and going.

Getting in and getting out of the stadium is like a prison camp nowadays. Pat Downs on the way in. Locked gates on the way out. What the heck is going on here?

438180[/snapback]

I waited for JP to come off the field....and then I went straight to the tunnel. No problem. 0:)

438180[/snapback]

I had no problem with going in...no complaints about a quick pat down. I was just kind of freaked out on the way out, especially since I was (still am) sun burned and half hungover.

I don't know where you were, but I thought the traffic was average on Abbott Road.

Getting into the RWS was just fine..The pat down was not a problem.....

Exiting took longer as there was a crowd at GATE 3 anyways......

Then we spent a lot of time checking out the Hummer Limos.....Those were incredible... I wonder what the MPG of those were,,,But if ya can afford a Hummer Limo,,the cost of a gallon of gas is not a concern.

Thanks for holding that guy up so I could get out, BTW.

Your Welcome. I went and got a couple of bottles of water, ran down the street, caught up to the guys that let you in, and thanked them with the cold bottles of water. They were shocked to see me and grateful for the water. They did something nice so they were rewarded with something nice in return.

We walked into the stadium around 1225 so that we could see the opening ceremonies. There was a minimal wait (30 seconds) to get in, the pat down was nothing big, and getting out was a snap. I thought the traffic on Abott Road was worse than usual at 10am.

438180[/snapback]

I waited a while and took 20 to 78 to the Thruway to avoid the traffic. Unfortunately there was an accident that made Thruway speed 5 mph half way to Pembroke <sigh>.

Traffic was normal (I thought) but the exit gates were unnecessarily limited. :devil:

I waited a while and took 20 to 78 to the Thruway to avoid the traffic. Unfortunately there was an accident that made Thruway speed 5 mph half way to Pembroke <sigh>.

Traffic was normal (I thought) but the exit gates were unnecessarily limited.  :devil:

439076[/snapback]

Traffic on Southwestern (going back to I90) sucked, but that has a lot to do with the fact that the road is 50% under construction.

Did anyone else get stuck trying to EXIT the stadium?  Walked over to one of the gates and the crowd was large, it was single file leaving.  There were several large chain link gates, but all had a chain and a large lock.  When people started climbing the 10"+ fence and I looked over and saw thousands of people walking our direction, I really couldn't believe that there wasn't stadium staff somewhere around to unlock the gates to let us out.  We turned around, went to another gate, and literally waited 10-15 minutes to leave.

Very strange.  Thank God there wasn't an emergency in which we all would've needed to exit quickly.

438173[/snapback]

When I lived in the PGH years ago, my wife and me were leaving a Pirates game in Three Rivers Stadium. There were escalators to transport one to the 2nd level, after which ramps took over. You walked down them, and onto the escalators because running a ramp would take up too much space on the ground level.

At the outlet of the escalator, a normally opened egress gate was closed, result being that the folks coming down the ramp pushed onto the escalator and the people at the foot crowded up the outlet onto the concourse.

It became tense as we were being compressed on the escalator.

I called the Pirate's office the next day, and they were very apolegetic about what happened. Not their responsibility, of course, but they said that mistakes were made.

Nobody was hurt.

We had no problem with traffic at all. I guess arriving at 6:30 AM and leaving at 7:30 PM will do that!

Traffic was normal (I thought) but the exit gates were unnecessarily limited.  :devil:

439076[/snapback]

I know they've had a couple of the gates closed at each exit over the last few years, but I thought it was odd that this year they only had a single gate open after the game. I imagine there's a reason for that, but I'll be darned if I can guess what it might be. :devil:

Reminds me of the approach to the Holland Tunnel! :)

We had no problem with traffic at all.  I guess arriving at 6:30 AM and leaving at 7:30 PM will do that!

I know they've had a couple of the gates closed at each exit over the last few years, but I thought it was odd that this year they only had a single gate open after the game.  I imagine there's a reason for that, but I'll be darned if I can guess what it might be. ;)

439165[/snapback]