Breaking News....

I kind of miss AD, as much of a s.o.b. as he could be!  My theory is that he just changed his user name, and has finally started leaning toward the left!  He is/was way too smart to be taking up for the right!  You know, the big galut was probably just too ashamed to admitt that he had become a liberal... :lol:

Anyway, I hope he is okay....it has been a little too quiet around here, especially considering how much has been going on.... :lol:

435372[/snapback]

He changed his username to pope zimli.

I read some stories today that indicated that he pulled a George O'Leary style resume stuffing move when he was hired as a deputy at FEMA.  Apparently he filled his resume with a bunch of lies.  He may have finally reached the point where they just can't keep him on without him being a continuing source of embarassment.

435084[/snapback]

Bingo! He had no presence, (damn I can't spell for caca anymore, where's DC Tom when I finally him?), and he has become the easy guy to take out. Rummy, has had similar misfortunes however he has a "command presence" and he gets by.

For all the repubs, right wingers, "libertarians?!?, (this means you Dr. K and :D), etc. this not an attempt to equate the Secretary or the department with any incompetence involving the destruction caused by hurricane Katrina. It is merely an observation of responses to "possible" mishandling of situations based upon the personal charisma, presence, etc. of the man in charge.

Yeah but Brown has that great, dark head of hair so beloved by the GOP. How could a guy over 40 with hair, unshot with grey, be so incompetent? (There's an old saying about "more hair than wit" but I'll save it for another time when I need a witty repartee).

:-)

Yeah but Brown has that great, dark head of hair so beloved by the GOP.  How could a guy over 40 with hair, unshot with grey, be so incompetent?  (There's an old saying about "more hair than wit" but I'll save it for another time when I need a witty repartee).

:-)

435500[/snapback]

You must be saving up a whole lot because I haven't seen any in two years.

I read some stories today that indicated that he pulled a George O'Leary style resume stuffing move when he was hired as a deputy at FEMA.  Apparently he filled his resume with a bunch of lies.  He may have finally reached the point where they just can't keep him on without him being a continuing source of embarassment.

435084[/snapback]

But, he did such a wonderful job in last year's disasters!

Can't we grandfather him in?

:D:devil:

Besides, you'll never drag him out of Alaska...

The move smells to me like more a "face" ploy than a top-level job replacement.  Get the maligned guy outta there and hand the reins to the guy whose "crew" (USCG) has been the only universally lauded part of the effort...and was pretty much running things anyway...

435370[/snapback]

Good point Dan.

I have said it in the past many times... The transformation of the USCG is one of the better things coming out of 911.

Before that the USCG struck me as group mired in bureaucracy.

I kind of miss AD, as much of a s.o.b. as he could be!  My theory is that he just changed his user name, and has finally started leaning toward the left!  He is/was way too smart to be taking up for the right!  You know, the big galut was probably just too ashamed to admitt that he had become a liberal... :D

Anyway, I hope he is okay....it has been a little too quiet around here, especially considering how much has been going on.... :(

435372[/snapback]

He gave me a couple of smilies yesterday, that's it. Seems fine in his response.

Maybe a lover's quarrel?

I don't think AD is Catholic... Formalized religion is just not his boat.

:D:devil:

He stills lives in the "snapback."

I kind of miss AD, as much of a s.o.b. as he could be!  My theory is that he just changed his user name, and has finally started leaning toward the left!  He is/was way too smart to be taking up for the right!  You know, the big galut was probably just too ashamed to admitt that he had become a liberal... :D

Don't quit your day job.

Anyway, I hope he is okay....it has been a little too quiet around here, especially considering how much has been going on.... :devil:

435372[/snapback]

I'm fine, thanks.

I think Bush is going to give him the Medal of Freedom.  "you're doing a great job Brownie!".  That will go well with the George Tennant one for his great job on 9/11. Too bad the captain of the Titanic wasn't a citizen or Bush would probably give him one posthumously

437176[/snapback]

Now THERE is a "Hotpocket" comment, if I ever saw one.

The new one from the loons.."Bush's patronage hiring of Brown is to blame for all this."

Because we all know patronage, beaurocracy and incompetence in government was non-existent before Jan 2001. :angry:

Anybody watch the BBC version of The Office?

Gareth: I'm assistant regional manager.

David Brent: Assistant to the regional manager.

If yes, here is a fine example of life imitating art for you.....

One correction was made to make clear that Brown had not served as "an assistant city manager," as had been stated in his biography. The new biography states that Brown served as "an assistant to the city manager."

FEMA revises Brown's bio after exaggeration charges

EDIT: Soon after I posted this link, they changed the story to say that he is reportedly resigning. I swear the resume stuff was true.