Was that Robert Gallery Starting at RIGHT Tackle?

Alaska Darin

The difference is that Gallery will be moving to LT after Sims is gone.  The Raiders admit that right now Sims is a better LT than Gallery, so he is playing RT.  I still would take Gallery over Big Mike right now.

434638[/snapback]

Not me. Mike Williams potential outweighs Gallery's overall tools. Gallery might be good but Williams could be a star.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BackInDaDay
I still would take Gallery over Big Mike right now.

434638[/snapback]

In three years' time, you may be proven right, but I've yet to see MW knocked on his ass by a light DE/LB like the Pat's Richard Seymour. Gallery's poor footwork put him out of position, and his lazy attempt at correcting the situation resulted in him rising up to take his man on. This allowed Seymour to drop his hips and topple him with a shot to his upper body.

I haven't seen much of Gallery, but I wasn't impressed by last night's performance.

In three years' time, you may be proven right, but I've yet to see MW knocked on his ass by a light DE/LB like the Pat's Richard Seymour.  Gallery's poor footwork put him out of position, and his lazy attempt at correcting the situation resulted in him rising up to take his man on.  This allowed Seymour to drop his hips and topple him with a shot to his upper body. 

I haven't seen much of Gallery, but I wasn't impressed by last night's performance.

434988[/snapback]

Seymour is more of a DE/DT than DE/LB. He actually is a very thick strong guy that weighs more than most DE's.

I agree though that Gallery played fairly poor.

In three years' time, you may be proven right, but I've yet to see MW knocked on his ass by a light DE/LB like the Pat's Richard Seymour.  Gallery's poor footwork put him out of position, and his lazy attempt at correcting the situation resulted in him rising up to take his man on.  This allowed Seymour to drop his hips and topple him with a shot to his upper body. 

434988[/snapback]

what?? seymour weighs 310 pounds.......that makes him one of the biggest DE's in the league.........generally 3-4 DE's are bigger then 4-3 DE's, and seymour is no exception........

Guest BackInDaDay
Seymour is more of a DE/DT than DE/LB. He actually is a very thick strong guy that weighs more than most DE's.

I agree though that Gallery played fairly poor.

434990[/snapback]

Jeez, you're right about Seymour. Watching him all these years, dropping into coverages and chasing down QBs, I had no idea he was that much of a load. Fear alone should have motivated Gallery into staying low and flexible. :lol:

Did you guys see Willie McKinest knock Gallery right on his ass? One quick hit to Gallery's Chest and he fell over like a tree and grabbed Willie on his way down which he got called for holding on.

Robert Gallery didnt even play OT last year that much, he was moved to OG. I dont know if later on he moved back outside, all I know is he played alot at OG.

I didnt see Seymour knock Gallery on his Ass, but I did see McGinest, and WIllie is not that big.

Guest BackInDaDay
Did you guys see Willie McKinest knock Gallery right on his ass?  One quick hit to Gallery's Chest and he fell over like a tree and grabbed Willie on his way down which he got called for holding on.

Robert Gallery didnt even play OT last year that much, he was moved to OG.  I dont know if later on he moved back outside, all I know is he played alot at OG.

I didnt see Seymour  knock Gallery on his Ass, but I did see McGinest, and WIllie is not that big.

435026[/snapback]

Ya know what, I think I had the wrong Pat in my original post. I must have confused Seymour with McGinest, who is a DE/LB. Does he wear 93? I think that was the Pat's number. Tough gettin' old! :lol:

I thought only Tom Donahoe wasted really high draft picks on right tackles?

434560[/snapback]

You thought correctly, in terms of a 4th pick in a draft.

Gallery as you well know was drafted as a LT. So...he came into the league and sucked at this position? Well, MW came in and sucked at RT. It took him 2 1/2 years to play well, at a cost of certainly near 20 million dollars.

Gallery might indeed come around. He doesn't have a weight problem, and does have physical tools; speed being one of them.

Even if he does suck for his entire career, this does not make Mike Williams a good draft pick. Not the worst either mind you, but not a good selection unless one has joined the "TD Is Perfect Brigade."

Are you the charter member? :lol:

Ya know what, I think I had the wrong Pat in my original post.  I must have confused Seymour with McGinest, who is a DE/LB.  Does he wear 93? I think that was the Pat's number.  Tough gettin' old!  :D

435044[/snapback]

Seymour is 93; McGinest is 55.

Gallery and Ty Warren (94) seemed to be squaring off most of the game. The Pats had a huge third quarter on defense and especially up front when they switched to a 4-3.

Gallery as you well know was drafted as a LT. So...he came into the league and sucked at this position? Well, MW came in and sucked at RT. It took him 2 1/2 years to play well, at a cost of certainly near 20 million dollars.

Gallery might indeed come around. He doesn't have a weight problem, and does have physical tools; speed being one of them.

Even if he does suck for his entire career, this does not make Mike Williams a good draft pick. Not the worst either mind you, but not a good selection unless one has joined the "TD Is Perfect Brigade."

Are you the charter member?  :D

435225[/snapback]

Bill, I respect your expertise, but I do wonder: are you saying that it is impossible that anyone will ever consider MW to be a good pick? If so, I would like to borrow your crystal ball to check next week's Lotto numbers....

Bill, I respect your expertise, but I do wonder: are you saying that it is impossible that anyone will ever consider MW to be a good pick? If so, I would like to borrow your crystal ball to check next week's Lotto numbers....

435526[/snapback]

I think a RT # 4, after going 3-13 the season before is a bad pick.

Just one of those things that baffles me.

LT at # 4 is going to be a lot of money. Not skill position either.

Many on this board will disagree, just never understood that reasoning.

Seymour is 93; McGinest is 55.

Gallery and Ty Warren (94) seemed to be squaring off most of the game. The Pats had a huge third quarter on defense and especially up front when they switched to a 4-3.

435518[/snapback]

Ty Warren Dominated Gallery and McGinest knocked him right on his ass.

Just like Mike Williams though, Gallery will look really bad while Blocking for Collins, who like Bledsoe has gotten slower and slower at getting rid of the football and making decisions over the years.

Are you the charter member?  :devil:

435225[/snapback]

Gee, another typical revisionist history post on the subject. How very predictable of you. :D

Yeah, he looked spectacularly fast playing turnstyle last night - perhaps that's the reason that Mister "Drafted as a LT" is playing right tackle with little hope at this point of flipping over - despite the fact that the Raiders are playing a VERY pedestrian player in the glamour position. I especially liked when McGinest borrowed Reggie White's hump and tossed the 6'7" Galley on his ass like a rag doll.

I'd venture to guess that about 90% of the people posting in this thread before last night hadn't focused on Gallery for even 10 plays. Especially the dude who said last season he was "great." Great? That's funny.

The last half of last season Mike Williams was the best RT in the NFL. I'm shocked that was the case given he finally got some decent coaching with less predictable playcalling and an NFL caliber guard playing next to him. I'll be even less surprised if the OLine looks better than average with the undecisive statue not hunkered down back there. But feel free to keep making excuses for Drew.

Gee, another typical revisionist history post on the subject.  How very predictable of you.  :D

Yeah, he looked spectacularly fast playing turnstyle last night - perhaps that's the reason that Mister "Drafted as a LT" is playing right tackle with little hope at this point of flipping over - despite the fact that the Raiders are playing a VERY pedestrian player in the glamour position.  I especially liked when McGinest borrowed Reggie White's hump and tossed the 6'7" Galley on his ass like a rag doll.

I'd venture to guess that about 90% of the people posting in this thread before last night hadn't focused on Gallery for even 10 plays.  Especially the dude who said last season he was "great."  Great?  That's funny.

The last half of last season Mike Williams was the best RT in the NFL.  I'm shocked that was the case given he finally got some decent coaching with less predictable playcalling and an NFL caliber guard playing next to him.  I'll be even less surprised if the OLine looks better than average with the undecisive statue not hunkered down back there.  But feel free to keep making excuses for Drew.

435622[/snapback]

Just his dumb luck - inn'it. The Offensive Line finally gets good the first year AFTER he leaves! :devil:

Get ready for the "If he had had THIS line when he was playing here, HE coudda done better too!"

Gee, another typical revisionist history post on the subject.  How very predictable of you.  :D

Yeah, he looked spectacularly fast playing turnstyle last night - perhaps that's the reason that Mister "Drafted as a LT" is playing right tackle with little hope at this point of flipping over - despite the fact that the Raiders are playing a VERY pedestrian player in the glamour position.  I especially liked when McGinest borrowed Reggie White's hump and tossed the 6'7" Galley on his ass like a rag doll.

I'd venture to guess that about 90% of the people posting in this thread before last night hadn't focused on Gallery for even 10 plays.  Especially the dude who said last season he was "great."  Great?  That's funny.

The last half of last season Mike Williams was the best RT in the NFL.  I'm shocked that was the case given he finally got some decent coaching with less predictable playcalling and an NFL caliber guard playing next to him.  I'll be even less surprised if the OLine looks better than average with the undecisive statue not hunkered down back there.  But feel free to keep making excuses for Drew.

435622[/snapback]

OK, now back the point of YOUR original point in the thread.....players do not get drafted in the top 5 to play RT. Gallery was not drafted to play RT.

MW played in front of a left-handed qb in college. I am thinking that when he was dtafted, Bills management was confident that he could make the transition, at least at some point.

If you wish to make the case that players are drafted that early to play RT, please go right ahead.

Btw, I did not think that Big Mike was the best RT in the NFL last season, even in the 2nd half. He was good, but the "best" is quite a reach. Perhaps you were thinking of his paycheck. However, nothing would be better for this current team than his continued improvement. It would help the untested JP an untold amount to have a RT who can play as well as you think that he can.

Tomorrow; our home opener, is the day for Big Mike to step up and pancake his opponents. CV is playing, and I want to see Willis sprinting past fallen Texans as he races upfield with a head of steam. If I see this, I will pop open a beer and toast to you and Big Mike because we will need plays such as this to win football games.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

435526[/snapback]

That sir, is a great question.

Sure, the possibility does exist that he will be thought of as a "good" pick. The chances are however not so great when one is to factor in the shockingly high cost.

If Big Mike plays to the level of Erik Williams or Bob Brown, he will have certainly earned his money. This is asking quite a bit from what we have seen in 3 full seasons imo.

That sir, is a great question.

Sure, the possibility does exist that he will be thought of as a "good" pick. The chances are however not so great when one is to factor in the shockingly high cost.

If Big Mike plays to the level of Erik Williams or Bob Brown, he will have certainly earned his money. This is asking quite a bit from what we have seen in 3 full seasons imo.

435893[/snapback]

Fair enough. I am rather more optimistic than you are, and think you are reaching a bit with the rhetoric when talking of MW's "shockingly high cost," but I understand your argument. As you wrote in your last message to AD, I join with you in hoping that Big Mike's play on Sunday will be the first clear step toward making our argument moot.

Go Bills!!

OK, now back the point of YOUR original point in the thread.....players do not get drafted in the top 5 to play RT. Gallery was not drafted to play RT.

And yet here he is, in his second year as a STARTER, playing RT. Hmmmm.

MW played in front of a left-handed qb in college. I am thinking that when he was dtafted, Bills management was confident that he could make the transition, at least at some point.

If you wish to make the case that players are drafted that early to play RT, please go right ahead.

I'll make that case as soon as you provide ONE quote from a person in BILLS' management that states MW was drafted to play LT.

Btw, I did not think that Big Mike was the best RT in the NFL last season, even in the 2nd half. He was good, but the "best" is quite a reach. Perhaps you were thinking of his paycheck. However, nothing would be better for this current team than his continued improvement. It would help the untested JP an untold amount to have a RT who can play as well as you think that he can.

Pretty hollow response Bill. I expect more from you. Which RT played better than MW the last half of last season?

Tomorrow; our home opener,  is the day for Big Mike to step up and pancake his opponents. CV is playing, and I want to see Willis sprinting past fallen Texans as he races upfield with a head of steam. If I see this, I will pop open a beer and toast to you and Big Mike because we will need plays such as this to win football games.

Man, are you gonna be drunk.

:D