Cajun Bills Backer

DarthICE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad your OK. How did you get electricity to your computer to post your OK ?

434496[/snapback]

My electricity finally came on in my area, almost 2 weeks after the direct hit. When riding through town, I seen trucks from kentucky, ohio, florida, north carolina, and even california working in my city to get power polls standing and lines working again. They did a remarkable job in cleaning up most of the mess that katrina left.

Just want to say that I made it through Katrina safe and sound. Surprisingly I had no major damage to my house, only lost roofing and siding for the house. Every tree in my yard were ripped completely out of the ground, roots and all. My house dodged a huge oak tree from the yard across the street that snapped and missed my house by a couple feet. This couple across the street wasn't so lucky as their mobile home was ripped to shreds.

No cell phones have been working the past 2 weeks. For a while, LAN line phones haven't been working either. I waited 2 1/2 hours in line to get gas at a local station that still had gas left over this past weekend. Unbelievable!

I just cannot believe what is going on down here. I haven't even had time to gather my thoughts about the whole situation because it's devistating. Suddenly football doesn't really matter all that much anymore.

Thanks to all who sent prayers my way, and please keep sending them to my fellow locals who wasn't so lucky, especially New Orleans.

God Bless and Go Bills!!

434185[/snapback]

It's great to hear from you. :unsure: We have been looking for you at BZ and even had our other NO resident check around for you. Luckily, both you and Devin are okay. That's great news. I'd love to hear your story when you get a chance. I'm sure it was pretty interesting. Hopefully, you'll be able to find a way to watch the game this weekend. It should be just what the doctor ordered to help take your mind off things. :doh:

Hi Joey - All of TBD/TSW is glad you're OK. I hope things return to some sort of normalcy sooner rather than later. God bless you, your family, and your neighbors as y'all pick yourselves up and put your lives back together. You're in our prayers.