I've held back long enough....

sven233

I am hoping the Bills look at 1 position to upgrade before the season after all the cuts today.....

Kicker

(Todd France - this is the guy I would want to take a look at)

Can't be any worse than Lindell.......Heck, you could take a look at my dog for kicker as well....Again, can't be worse than Lindell.

LINDELL WILL COST US (AT LEAST) 2 GAMES THIS YEAR! If we play any close games, he will be the reason we lose. Either he misses the FG or the coaches decide to go for it because they have no faith in him from 39 yards +. Heard a stat today that I just could not believe....In his Bills' career, Lindell is........GET THIS.......4/12 from 39 yards +.

How is it possible this guy is still a kicker in the NFL? Are these guys not watching the same games?

I would love to here TDs explanation for this. Don't get me wrong, I am, for the most part a TD fan, but this is one problem that has me pi**ed off. It is such an obvious problem. He has already cost this team games and will cost us games this year.

It is one thing to say that this is the preseason for the other players on this team. And I agree with that. But field goal kicking is the same in the preseason as it is in the regular season. Last time I checked, the goal posts don't get 30 feet wider during the regular season. If anything, FG kicking in the preseason is easier because they really don't count! In the regular season, the pressure is really on because each FG could end up being a game winner....a season maker (or breaker).....

To me, it just does not make sense. Everyone in this organization believes this team can compete........NOW. Again, I happen to agree, but it is one thing to compete and another to get it done. I just fear that this team will make 1 too many errors this year and it may be that this guy will line up for a 32 yarder in December, in the snow, wind and cold at the Jets with the playoffs on the line......

Ask the Jets what happens next. As I seem to remember, their season came down to a kicker last year (not to mention a better kicker than Lindell).....

Anyways, I appologize for my rant, but I LOVE the Bills with a passion. And nothing would hurt me more than to watch this team work all year just to have the stupid kicker (who everyone and their mothers know is terrible) to cost this team the playoffs. This team is just good enough to do great things, but not good enough to overcome the other teams and their kicker.

I couldn't agree more. This guy has got to go. He will cost us some tight games this year with misses. And other games could be lost less obviously, when we punt from the opponents 30-35 yd line because the coaching staff has zero confidence in him. . . and rightfully so. Come on TD, at least bring in someone else and take a look. It can't hurt. I can't believe that TD did not address this in the offseason. Now, TD will likely just keep his fingers crossed and go with the pig.

I agree too! It just seems that TD will not admitt failure, and cut his losses on this one. He may be the worse FA signing that TD has made since coming to Buffalo, and extending his contract, when he had absolutely nothing to warrant it, was his second mistake. The third, is to not give this kid a serious challange. The kicking position in football is the only one, where by and large, anyone who watches, can say unequivicably (sp?), this guy is good, or this guy is no good. It is not like you can argue (like I see in favor of guys like Joe Burns and Sam Aiken), "well he is great on special teams". He is okay on kick-offs, and that is about it. How he has skated on the roster this long, is way beyond me...

You guys are so right, lindell has been horrible from the start.He should have been released during his first season here.Its a joke,hes a joke and he will lose two or more games for us this season.Why didnt they give paul edinger a contract in the off season,or even trade up to get nugent in the draft.They cant be stupid enough to carry this guy again all year..can they?

I am hoping the Bills look at 1 position to upgrade before the season after all the cuts today.....

Kicker

(Todd France - this is the guy I would want to take a look at)

Can't be any worse than Lindell.......Heck, you could take a look at my dog for kicker as well....Again, can't be worse than Lindell.

LINDELL WILL COST US (AT LEAST) 2 GAMES THIS YEAR!  If we play any close games, he will be the reason we lose.  Either he misses the FG or the coaches decide to go for it because they have no faith in him from 39 yards +.  Heard a stat today that I just could not believe....In his Bills' career, Lindell is........GET THIS.......4/12 from 39 yards +. 

How is it possible this guy is still a kicker in the NFL?  Are these guys not watching the same games? 

I would love to here TDs explanation for this.  Don't get me wrong, I am, for the most part a TD fan, but this is one problem that has me pi**ed off.  It is such an obvious problem.  He has already cost this team games and will cost us games this year.

It is one thing to say that this is the preseason for the other players on this team.  And I agree with that.  But field goal kicking is the same in the preseason as it is in the regular season.  Last time I checked, the goal posts don't get 30 feet wider during the regular season.  If anything, FG kicking in the preseason is easier because they really don't count!  In the regular season, the pressure is really on because each FG could end up being a game winner....a season maker (or breaker).....

To me, it just does not make sense.  Everyone in this organization believes this team can compete........NOW.  Again, I happen to agree, but it is one thing to compete and another to get it done.  I just fear that this team will make 1 too many errors this year and it may be that this guy will line up for a 32 yarder in December, in the snow, wind and cold at the Jets with the playoffs on the line......

Ask the Jets what happens next.  As I seem to remember, their season came down to a kicker last year (not to mention a better kicker than Lindell).....

Anyways, I appologize for my rant, but I LOVE the Bills with a passion.  And nothing would hurt me more than to watch this team work all year just to have the stupid kicker (who everyone and their mothers know is terrible) to cost this team the playoffs.  This team is just good enough to do great things, but not good enough to overcome the other teams and their kicker.

428738[/snapback]

You would think that the Bills would be the one team in the league that didn't need any instruction on how valuable a kicker is if you are trying to be a champion.

It's baffling that the Bills employ a PK who obviously suffers from the gout.

I saw a handful released yesterday. France was mentioned. Aaron Elling of the Vikings is another. Cinci and Dallas released PK's. Lets bring some in for a look.

TD is NOT satisfied with Lindell. That showed in practice last week when I saw TD stare Lindell down for a good 30 minutes, while Lindell practiced medium range kicks. The problem is the other available PK's may be just as inconsistent.

Let's see if the Bills call someone tonight or tomorrow, after the 24 hour waiver period is up. At least bring one PK in.

Amen sven!!!  I'm embarrassed when we send in Moorman to punt from the 30.

428801[/snapback]

jarthur you're sooooo right. 30 yards is just about his range, unfortunately that means the LOS is the 13 yard line.

We're going to be drooling for years over the Jests' kicker Mike Nugent while Lindell will be ripping our guts out and stomping on them at the 30 yard line.

I agree too!  It just seems that TD will not admitt failure, and cut his losses on this one.  He may be the worse FA signing that TD has made since coming to Buffalo, and extending his contract, when he had absolutely nothing to warrant it, was his second mistake.  The third, is to not give this kid a serious challange.  The kicking position in football is the only one, where by and large, anyone who watches, can say unequivicably (sp?), this guy is good, or this guy is no good.  It is not like you can argue (like I see in favor of guys like Joe Burns and Sam Aiken), "well he is great on special teams".  He is okay on kick-offs, and that is about it.  How he has skated on the roster this long, is way beyond me...

428813[/snapback]

Buftex, I think you hit it right on the button. TDdoesn't wan to admit failure especially with people he wants to pick up. He's only let go of 1 draft pick. Lindell cost us two games last year and might actually cost us more this year. Why? Because the Bills won't be scoring a lot of points this year and FG kicking is going to be even more crucial. He should have been cut and what the hell is Josh Reed still doing on this team? You know, I have even more respect for coaches and GMs like Bill Parcells and Mike Shananhan. Parcells drafts Jacob Rodgers in the 2nd round last year, has injury problems and isn't performing well. What does he do? He cuts him and states: "there is no sense in throwing good money after bad." Shananhan cuts Clarett after making the bad decision of drafting him early and admits he screwed up. At least these two admit their mistakes. TD, if you happen to read this, you need to do the same thing!

OK, I appreciate all of you having my back on this one, but I have one more thing to say....I really don't know how cutting Lindell would be anything but a positive for TD.

Here is what I mean. Everyone knows that he should be cut. Everyone. If TD were to cut him, I truly believe he would be praised for the move because it is the right decision. He will even get praised more if the guy he brings in turns out to be a great kicker for us.

It will look great for TD. Fans have a short memorey for the most part. If we were to cut Lindell and end up with a good kicker, everyone would be thrilled! Because, if you are at all like me, I think this team is definately good enough to make the playoffs and possibly make a little noise in the playoffs. One of their biggest road blocks in the way is our kicker. If the problem was solved and this team does do the things I believe it is capable of, who will get a lot of the praise? You guessed it....TD!

So, I really don't believe it could be the fact that TD is not cutting him because of his fear of failure. Makes no sense. If anything, TD will receive more grief if Lindell is the kicker on this team. He will especially get killed when Lindell costs us a game (or 5 or 6) this year.

So, I don't buy the argument of a TD ego trip here. What do you think?

It's baffling that the Bills employ a PK who obviously suffers from the gout.

I saw a handful released yesterday. France was mentioned. Aaron Elling of the Vikings is another. Cinci and Dallas released PK's. Lets bring some in for a look.

TD is NOT satisfied with Lindell. That showed in practice last week when I saw TD stare Lindell down for a good 30 minutes, while Lindell practiced medium range kicks. The problem is the other available PK's may be just as inconsistent.

Let's see if the Bills call someone tonight or tomorrow, after the 24 hour waiver period is up. At least bring one PK in.

428859[/snapback]

I agree. No way TD can be happy. I hope he does bring someone potential replacements in. He's given Lindell every chance possible. I think it's time to cut the string.