The one thing that scares me about Holcomb

Albany,n.y.

The JP supporters (myself included) are answering the Holcomb supporters with just about the same lines we used to support Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie.

It's getting scary. If JP flounders, were going to have to get a separate Holcomb v Losman board like the old Johnson/Flutie board. Please JP, play well, I can't take another QB controversy for the next 3 years.

Controversy?

What is JP' Regular Season record as a starter again???

Can we all just sit back and take a breath...this is preseason football...give the kid a chance!!!

Now ive seen it all, a QB "controversy" and the Rookie is 0-0 in his career. Only in today's instant gratification world.

I see little controversy since the goal here is the Bills winning and we all support that. If JP led teams are winning great. If JP led teams are losing and the QB messing up is part of that or in my mind even if he isn't but changing QBs changes the tone of the team then sit him down.

If his psyche is truly so fragile that getting benched cause the team isn't winning is going to screw him up and destroy his development then he probably is not a tough enough and competent enough soul to make it anyway.

Favre, Young and Johnson all experienced even greater shows of lack of confidence as they all got traded and came back to win SBs.

I hope the Bills can survive JP going through the typical growing pains and still compete for the playoffs. However, I have no problem with making part of his development being sitting the boy down if he makes recurring errors.

I assume their might be controversy over when that point of recurring error might be but I hope there is general agreement that if the MM judges that the boy sitting gives us a better chance to win then I have little problems seeing him sit though I hope it never comes to that.

Favre, Young and Johnson all experienced even greater shows of lack of confidence as they all got traded and came back to win SBs.

Favre and Young were never traded after being starters. It's a bit different to trade a 2nd or 3rd string QB. :rolleyes:

CW

Controversy?

What is JP' Regular Season record as a starter again???

Can we all just sit back and take a breath...this is preseason football...give the kid a chance!!!

Now ive seen it all, a QB "controversy" and the Rookie is 0-0 in his career.  Only in today's instant gratification world.

427825[/snapback]

Exactly.

Totally different, Marve.

RJ and Flutie were both knuckleheads while Losman and Holcombe are both good eggs. They can't engender the kinf od wild emotions we got from that 3 yr circus.

427929[/snapback]

its not the knucklehead QBs we have to worry about. Its the knuckleheads on TSW who'll start the flame wars :rolleyes:

Totally different, Marve.

RJ and Flutie were both knuckleheads while Losman and Holcombe are both good eggs. They can't engender the kinf od wild emotions we got from that 3 yr circus.

427929[/snapback]

Gimme a break. Everybody is a good egg when they are new on the team. We have no idea what these two guys are really like, and won't untill they've been in the thick of some adversity for a year.

Remember TO and McNab doing high fives when he signed? He said all the right things too at the time.

JP in mentally tough--getting pulled is not going to rattle him in the way it did Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch..JP is not a kid who has had an easy life--sitting down for a couple of games might actually be helpful if things go really south.

The Bills will and should put whomever on the field that gives the team the best chance to win...JP is the first but not the only option.

That being said -- The Bills level of commitment to JP has to balance his development with the teams limited window with a stellar defense and special teams that could put it deep into the playoffs..JP should be given lots of rope but not enough to put the team out of contention--is that a bad half, game, set of games--only MM knows for sure.

There will be bad series/halves/games, very bad Series/Halves/games and outstanding series/halves/games with JP..its all part of development. We will know by the end of NEXT season what we have--but that does not mean that he has to be on the field that whole time.

JP in mentally tough--getting pulled is not going to rattle him in the way it did Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch..JP is not a kid who has had an easy life--sitting down for a couple of games might actually be helpful if things go really south.

The Bills will and should put whomever on the field that gives the team the best chance to win...JP is the first but not the only option.

That being said -- The Bills level of commitment to JP has to balance his development with the teams limited window with a stellar defense and special teams that could put it deep into the playoffs..JP should be given lots of rope but not enough to put the team out of contention--is that a bad half, game, set of games--only MM knows for sure.

There will be bad series/halves/games, very bad Series/Halves/games and outstanding series/halves/games with JP..its all part of development.  We will know by the end of NEXT season what we have--but that does not mean that he has to be on the field that whole time.

428107[/snapback]

hey ...... hey .... HEY ........ there will be NO level headed logic allowed on this board ........... take this post back ........... RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

hey ...... hey .... HEY ........ there will be NO level headed logic allowed on this board ........... take this post back ........... RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

428193[/snapback]

don't know what the !@#$ I was thinking....JP sucks, cut him right now..Looks like Sandler plays like Mike Myers