This title will only last about 60 minutes...

mrjsbu96

For the extremists and even some of the most level-headed, I don't think there is anything Losman can do tonight that will alleviate their worries or adjust expectations...of basically a first-year, very young rookie starting QB...but hopefully I am wrong.

I am not one of those and have prepared for a tough year watching our offense, but a team that can hopefully pull off what the Ravens did a few years ago...

All I have to say is it's a little unnerving having him put up a stinker 9 days before the opener.

427545[/snapback]

But, but, but, I read that the smart money is on the Bills to win the division... :P

JP is going to struggle, there's no doubt about it. Even with his struggles, by the second half of this year we'll be a better team than we were last year. Though it might be too late at that point.

All I have to say is it's a little unnerving having him put up a stinker 9 days before the opener.

427545[/snapback]

It hasn't been just one stinker. It's been all 4 preseason games.

One big stink bomb............... :P

When?

427560[/snapback]

The Green Bay game in particular, I thought he was very effective in leading the team to 3 straight drives that resulted in two TDs and a FG. Also, in the Colts game during the 2nd QTR he corrected his mistakes and was able to move the ball quite well.

I understand your fear, but its not ALL bad for Mr. Losman.

When?

427560[/snapback]

If you're comparing him to what Peyton Manning looks like, then never. But if you're looking at him as a young QB who's never started a regular season game I'd say he looked pretty good in both the first two pre-season games. He made mistakes, but he looked pretty good for the most part. I'm thinking your expectactions of the guy are too high.

If you're comparing him to what Peyton Manning looks like, then never.  But if you're looking at him as a young QB who's never started a regular season game I'd say he looked pretty good in bother the first two pre-season games.  He made mistakes, but he looked pretty good for the most part.  I'm thinking your expectactions of the guy are too high.

427564[/snapback]

Come on, he has shown nothing to tell me he starts on this team now. He's going to get his ass handed to him when the real bullets fly. I just hope everyone is ready for it.

I'm ready for growing pains but i bet it's going to be to much to swallow.

Oh. My. God.

I seriously thought Bills fans were more sophisticated than "we suck"in the PRE-SEASON. No, we do not suck, we are very good.

You would have given up BEFORE Pearl Harbor.

I haven't seen so much panic since watching Titanic. Stop jumping overboard while pushing the women and children out of the way, the boat hasn't even left dry dock.

For the extremists and even some of the most level-headed, I don't think there is anything Losman can do tonight that will alleviate their worries or adjust expectations...of basically a first-year, very young rookie starting QB...but hopefully I am wrong.

I am not one of those and have prepared for a tough year watching our offense, but a team that can hopefully pull off what the Ravens did a few years ago...

427396[/snapback]

People seem to think that somehow we have a Big Ben on our roster. Only time will tell but it's not expected when the man is only a friggin rookie!

Ben was the exception and the Stillers were lucky to have him.

We need to execute on the line so that Willis has a big year and takes the pressure off of JP so he doesn't repeat these mistakes.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought JP looked pretty good. Quite a few beautiful throws. As far as the sacks/interceptions:

1. Interception #1 -- looked to me like Sam Aiken didn't turn around and look for the ball.

2. Interception #2 -- tipped up in the air, by I believe Aiken again.

3. One of the sacks -- Bennie Anderson just completely whiffed on his guy, who came flying in and got JP one step into his dropback. (BTW I think Anderson has looked lousy all preseason while Gandy has looked pretty good). I watched this play 3 or 4 times on tivo and Anderson totally missed his guy.

In addition, Josh Reed had yet another drop of an very catchable ball to keep us out of field goal range. George Wilson (I think that's his last name? the last WR trying to catch on?) And Drew Haddad also had drops -- although I think Haddad got stripped by a good play by the d-back -- still it was an amazing throw.

My conclusions:

1. JP will be fine and the O will look a lot better when Moulds and Evans are in there full time.

2. I'd rather have Haddad than Reed or Aiken as the temporary #3 until Roscoe returns.

3. Spikes made a great hit on a goal line running play on 2nd down, followed by another amazing stop by Clements (he got hurt a little on the play).

Side note: The NFL network showed almost every bills' possession in the 1st half.

I can't wait for the opener.

Only time will tell but it's not expected when the man is only a friggin rookie!

Maybe it's because the "anybody but Bledsoe" crowd kept saying, "But he's NOT a rookie idiot, he's a SECOND year player!" like that key peice of information guaranteed a great season.

We heard how Stojan's grandmother could lead us to the playoffs this year, over and over, and over again.

We've been told that JPL will be great this year, "because he really wants to succeed! He says he won't accept failure this year!" Apparantly all of the other NFL players come to camp and say, "Well, it'd be NICE to win, but I really don't think I can help the team do that..." Nobody told them that telling the press "I want to win NOW" is all that's necessary at the NFL level, as long as you have some talent.

I think a lot of people believed all of this stuff. :rolleyes:

What have we seen differently in preseason this year compared to what we saw in the regular season last year? INTs returned for TDs? Sacks and fumbles? Lots of sacks?

Personally, I'll be shocked if we make the playoffs, unless the D and ST carry the team again.

When will we wake up and realize our blocking up front is atrocious?

CW

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought JP looked pretty good.  Quite a few beautiful throws.  As far as the sacks/interceptions:

1.  Interception #1 -- looked to me like Sam Aiken didn't turn around and look for the ball.

2.  Interception #2 -- tipped up in the air, by I believe Aiken again.

3.  One of the sacks -- Bennie Anderson just completely whiffed on his guy, who came flying in and got JP one step into his dropback.  (BTW I think Anderson has looked lousy all preseason while Gandy has looked pretty good).  I watched this play 3 or 4 times on tivo and Anderson totally missed his guy.

In addition, Josh Reed had yet another drop of an very catchable ball to keep us out of field goal range.  George Wilson (I think that's his last name? the last WR trying to catch on?) And Drew Haddad also had drops -- although I think Haddad got stripped by a good play by the d-back -- still it was an amazing throw. 

My conclusions:

1.  JP will be fine and the O will look a lot better when Moulds and Evans are in there full time.

2.  I'd rather have Haddad than Reed or Aiken as the temporary #3 until Roscoe returns.

3.  Spikes made a great hit on a goal line running play on 2nd down, followed by another amazing stop by Clements (he got hurt a little on the play).

Side note:  The NFL network showed almost every bills' possession in the 1st half.

427764[/snapback]

How is any of this different than what we saw last year? Funny, when I said the same things last year (like, "Moulds should've caught that," or, "Our OL can't block," it's all pinned on the QB. This year, we hear, "JPL would've been great if everyone else had played well."

Let me be first to say what others said about DB (with sarcasm button definately on): Yeah, Losman will be great if we give him 5 probowl OL, a probowl RB, a probowl TE, and two probowl WRs!</sarcasm>

Same OL, different QB (again), same results.

CW

Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought JP looked pretty good.  Quite a few beautiful throws.  As far as the sacks/interceptions:

1.  Interception #1 -- looked to me like Sam Aiken didn't turn around and look for the ball.

2.  Interception #2 -- tipped up in the air, by I believe Aiken again.

3.  One of the sacks -- Bennie Anderson just completely whiffed on his guy, who came flying in and got JP one step into his dropback.  (BTW I think Anderson has looked lousy all preseason while Gandy has looked pretty good).  I watched this play 3 or 4 times on tivo and Anderson totally missed his guy.

In addition, Josh Reed had yet another drop of an very catchable ball to keep us out of field goal range.  George Wilson (I think that's his last name? the last WR trying to catch on?) And Drew Haddad also had drops -- although I think Haddad got stripped by a good play by the d-back -- still it was an amazing throw. 

My conclusions:

1.  JP will be fine and the O will look a lot better when Moulds and Evans are in there full time.

2.  I'd rather have Haddad than Reed or Aiken as the temporary #3 until Roscoe returns.

3.  Spikes made a great hit on a goal line running play on 2nd down, followed by another amazing stop by Clements (he got hurt a little on the play).

Side note:  The NFL network showed almost every bills' possession in the 1st half.

427764[/snapback]

Bingo.....

You want to know what the difference is between the performances of Big Ben and JPL? HELP FROM THEIR TEAMS.....or for any other successful QB for that matter

- QB's are not going to look good when their recievers dont help them out.....for christ sake it is like I tell my own youth football kid.....when your QB throws you the ball.....if it is anywhere near you then YOU better get it.....if it is a duck that is going to get int'd then YOU had better knock it down so it doesn't get picked.....that is the problem I have with Sam Aiken in particular.....he doesn't look like he wants to work unless it is right to his body......GO GET IT

- For a rook....I have been pleasantly surpised with the lack of int's this offseason......he also doesn't leave his recievers hung out to dry to get hit like you know who........

- I thought in the last game JPL was making a concerted effort to be a pocket passer......to me these restraints will get taken off of him once the season starts......

People seem to think that somehow we have a Big Ben on our roster.  Only time will tell but it's not expected when the man is only a friggin rookie! 

Ben was the exception and the Stillers were lucky to have him. 

We need to execute on the line so that Willis has a big year and takes the pressure off of JP so he doesn't repeat these mistakes.

427590[/snapback]

Which is precisely why we put so much of our cap money and top draft picks into building a powerhouse offensive line. Or not. :)