Gas Prices...

I topped off my truck Mon with mid-grade for 2.66 /gal today I bought 3 gallons of 86 octane for my ride-on for 2.69/gal. mid grade was already up to 2.78?gal.....In Va. Beach.

423552[/snapback]

Three gas stations were $2.66 on Sunday evening.

Today $2.66, $2.78 and $2.88 (that later is 20 cents in two days)

an hour later the $2.66 was $2.70 and I suspect other will raise tomorrow.

I only fill every other week but gas prices are out of control but goverment has its head buried into oil sands. Price for gas is going up by higher percentage than in other countries but like medicine I guess we need to just absorb costs.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Central New Jersey, last night a Wawa had the gas at 2.58/gallon, then another station I saw had it at $3.09....finally found a Hess that had the gas for $2.49....this morning I went by that same Wawa...now its $2.75...

Its all Bush's fault, I bet CNN is loving this :doh:

Get used to it. We pay over 90pence per litre over here - thats nearly 2bucks a litre (sorry dunno about gallons). We'll be at over a £ per litre by the end of the year for sure... :doh:

423804[/snapback]

3.78 liters/gallon

Jeff

Get ready to send this to the political board.

Maybe the Saudis whom we protected and the Iraqis that we 'liberated' can send us increased volumes of gas?

Maybe Bush can freeze prices?

Maybe we can STOP manufacturing USV's (Urban shopping vehicles) so women can have a 6 ton truck with bruch catchers with which to go over the speed bumps to the supermarket.

Gee I dont know, where does NASCAR and Formula 1 get their fuel from- surely it cant be petroleum.

I hafta use Premium and I just paid $3.02/gal to fill up before I left Saratoga. But hey, gotta do it. Still cheaper than the rest of the world.

Have you ever seen the news when they interview a guy at the pumps, and he says, "Ya know, I can't even fill 'er up anymore. I stop when it's half-full." Does anybody do this? I just don't see what sense it makes. I understand people are on budgets and possibly can't afford to fill it, but why not? You're just going to be back twice as fast as you would've been. And paying $20 twice a week equals paying $40 once, doesn't it? I mean, heck, you're going to use the gas. It's not like it's a waste to fill it and it will just go unused.

[ And paying $20 twice a week equals paying $40 once, doesn't it? I mean, heck, you're going to use the gas. It's not like it's a waste to fill it and it will just go unused.

423813[/snapback]

It's purely psychological- like $9.99 sounds better that $10.00

[ And paying $20 twice a week equals paying $40 once, doesn't it? I mean, heck, you're going to use the gas. It's not like it's a waste to fill it and it will just go unused.

423813[/snapback]

It's purely psychological- like $9.99 sounds better that $10.00

423815[/snapback]

Not if you HATE PENNIES.

After reading "http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm", I'm officially ready for the suck to start.

$2.52 last night

$2.69 This AM

Jeff

423824[/snapback]

Count your blessings. A station in Baltimore was at $2.75 last night, and opened this morning at $3.55. :doh: I'm pretty sure that's price gouging.

Other than that, I'm honestly having a hard time worrying about gas prices right now. I'm still too stunned by the magnitude of the disaster.

Serious question- not jokin here-

If you could pay half of the price-per-gallon at the gas station, but when you paid, the attendant would kick you once straight in the balls, :D would you do it? Or would you pay full price?

:D:doh:

I believe I'd pay full price. But it could work out to a $25 kick in the nuts, if you elected to go that way. Hmmmm...

Serious question- not jokin here-

If you could pay half of the price-per-gallon at the gas station, but when you paid, the attendant would kick you once straight in the balls,  :D  would you do it?  Or would you pay full price?

:D          :doh:

I believe I'd pay full price.  But it could work out to a $25 kick in the nuts, if you elected to go that way.  Hmmmm...

423835[/snapback]

Pay $3/gal for gas...get kicked in the balls...

What's the difference?

Count your blessings.  A station in Baltimore was at $2.75 last night, and opened this morning at $3.55:doh:  I'm pretty sure that's price gouging. 

Other than that, I'm honestly having a hard time worrying about gas prices right now.  I'm still too stunned by the magnitude of the disaster.

423831[/snapback]

That SOB! I understand that 1/4 of the nation's gas resources is temp out of service, but it seems that - for any little resason over the past 8 months- the gas prices jump $.10?

Jeff