Hey look at me I made a tackle!!

HelloNewman

God forbid these guys get pumped up and have fun. Yes, they need to win, but why do people get so worked up over this? Maybe if more fans at the game got more pumped up on a play by play basis the Ralph would regain some of it's notoriety as a tough stadium for opposing teams to play in.

I have no problem with dem dancing......aslong as they made a big play....On the Defense alot of times its to get the crowd going and get the 12th man into it....On the offense i dont want to see it unless we just put up 6.....

like a previous poster said watch Bettis and you'll get sick....2nd and 2 he runs for 3 yards and first down... and he get up like he just got the 1st down that won dem the game....

We got one of those in Bobby Shaw....2nd and 7...he catches a nice 12 yard pass and he is jumping around like he just got a TD....

Defensive players Dancing on a good play....Ok

Offensive players better be a TD

I think I'd hate to watch games with a lot of you, it must be a silent room, just placidly watching the game. Personally, I get pumped up watching the games...and if I can get pumped up watching on TV I'd hope those players I'm cheering on would do the same on the field. I hate the pre-thought out celebrations, to me, those are the “look at me” ones, but celebrations where a players is just pumped, even on special teams, I don't mind at all...in fact I WANT them to get pumped up any way they can, that intensity caries over and is infectious.

I agree with the original poster. I was getting sick of the posing and prancing going on in that game. It's immature and childish. Could you imagine Jack Ham or Mean Joe Greene doing such things? Can you just high five your teamates (who helped put you in that position) and focus on the next play please?

Whether you are for or against celebratory dancing, there is no excusing TKO's Nazi highstepping.

It was in poor taste and disrespected millions of people who stood tall against Hitler's reign of terror. The fact that an African-American player would choose to emulate an Aryian Nation move is perplexing to say the least.

BTW, you will agree, won't you, that it was a premeditated stunt by TKO? Nobody busts that move spontaneously.

In the words of the old "Fat Albert" gang, "That was No Class!"

In football, like in all professions, and in all places, there are 100 different kinds of personalities. Some guys can control their emotions completely and some cannot. We are asking these guys to turn their adrenaline on and off over and over and over, and absolutely demand that they go 100.00 per cent insane on every play. Some guys need to motivate themselves this way. Fletcher and Spikes seem to be that way. Some guys just like the spotlight. Nate seems to be that way. Some guys are just able to flick it on and off. We are asking a lot of a human being to take another human's head off every single play at top speed and then ask them to please play nice and "act like you have been there." Some are capable, some are not. TKO and Fletcher dont seem to hurt anything with their displays.

In football, like in all professions, and in all places, there are 100 different kinds of personalities. Some guys can control their emotions completely and some cannot. We are asking these guys to turn their adrenaline on and off over and over and over, and absolutely demand that they go 100.00 per cent insane on every play. Some guys need to motivate themselves this way. Fletcher and Spikes seem to be that way. Some guys just like the spotlight. Nate seems to be that way. Some guys are just able to flick it on and off. We are asking a lot of a human being to take another human's head off every single play at top speed and then ask them to please play nice and "act like you have been there." Some are capable, some are not. TKO and Fletcher dont seem to hurt anything with their displays.

30045[/snapback]

Oh please! You can't really believe that crap, can you? We are not talking about a sudden jumping up and down. They are running 10, 20 yards down the field to do it!!! :devil: As long as they act immature I will expect immature play from them, which is what we got Sunday.

Oh please! You can't really believe that crap, can you? We are not talking about a sudden jumping up and down. They are running 10, 20 yards down the field to do it!!!  :devil:  As long as they act immature I will expect immature play from them, which is what we got Sunday.

30063[/snapback]

Yeah, right, TKO Spikes play yesterday, and all last season, was really immature. Try watching the game.

Yeah, right, TKO Spikes play yesterday, and all last season, was really immature. Try watching the game.

30087[/snapback]

You're saying he can't control himself? :devil: How does he stay behind the line of scrimmage? How does he carry out his assignments if he is so uncontrollable? You're crazy if you think his dance is a sudden release of adreneline and not for self-aggrandisement purposes.

You're saying he can't control himself?  :devil:  How does he stay behind the line of scrimmage? How does he carry out this assignments if he is so uncontrollable? You're crazy if you think his dance is a sudden release of adreneline and not for self-aggrandisement purposes.

30117[/snapback]

No, I am saying that these guys need to get up the insanity to try to kill someone playing against you every single play. And they must summon that madness from somewhere. It helps players like TKO and Fletcher to scream and do their little dances as part of psyching themselves into playing this violent sport, and keeping their adrenaline going. You don't ever see golfers or baseball players do this, because they don't have to get up that release and put their bodies on the line like that. They don't necessarily have to do it. Not every player needs to do it. Perhaps they don't NEED to do it, but it is natural for them to do it. Chris kelsay does his little explosion in place. It's natural. Bruce Smith, one could tell, was playing for the cameras at times.

Guest Guest_NorCal Aaron_*

Remember the gratuitous sideline boogie by Seals, Bennett, Bruce, et al after shellacking the Raiders? - they looked like a-holes a week later when they lost to the Gints in XXV.

Spontaneous exuberance in context? Fine.

Boys to Men choreography before the game is in hand? Retarded.

Focus on the win.

Remember the gratuitous sideline boogie by Seals, Bennett, Bruce, et al after shellacking the Raiders? - they looked like a-holes a week later when they lost to the Gints in XXV.

Spontaneous exuberance in context?  Fine.

Boys to Men choreography before the game is in hand? Retarded.

Focus on the win.

30143[/snapback]

I agree with that. Completely unnecessary.

It's all a part of the ME generation. The world of sports has become all about the personal player,not the team. Players run away from their teammates when they make a great play now so all the world can see how great they are. You see it every game as their teammates are trying to celebrate with them, they seperate for all to view their greatness.

This has nothing to do with showing emotion. It has to do with selfishness and ego.

You may be right about one thing. I've loved this game, this team for almost 40 years. I watched Jack Kemp get carried off the field by his teammates and the goal post come down in the rock pile. I stood and sang with a bunch of players when they ran back out of the locker room in 1980 to celebrate with the fans. Players cared about the team and the fans.

Those days are gone, I guess I am an old man.

Whether you are for or against celebratory dancing, there is no excusing TKO's Nazi highstepping.

It was in poor taste and disrespected millions of people who stood tall against Hitler's reign of terror. The fact that an African-American player would choose to emulate an Aryian Nation move is perplexing to say the least.

BTW, you will agree, won't you, that it was a premeditated stunt by TKO? Nobody busts that move spontaneously.

In the words of the old "Fat Albert" gang, "That was No Class!"

29979[/snapback]

:P

:devil: