Peerless Price to New England?

Frez

fortunately for him, he doesn't ever have to find a real job...but what a maroon.

what happens when ego gets in the way of common sense?  peerless price.

423727[/snapback]

i'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. with regard to his move to the falcons, he took the one opportunity he'll ever get in his life to make big money and took it. like you'd do differently. as for his play in atlanta, it would have helped if they ran an offense that even slightly resembled a pro-style offense. they don't, of course.

i'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. with regard to his move to the falcons, he took the one opportunity he'll ever get in his life to make big money and took it. like you'd do differently. as for his play in atlanta, it would have helped if they ran an offense that even slightly resembled a pro-style offense. they don't, of course.

424345[/snapback]

Thats right. Vick will always put people in the seats because he is an exciting player but he's not the type of QB you want to lead your team. Run first- pass 2nd. People may argue this point but an offence needs a qb that will stand in the pocket and find the open man. That is why Price never did well there in my opinion.

This goes back to a thread from last week. NE has no confidence in the receiving corp and they know they have to get more talent at that position.

424054[/snapback]

you would make a horrible gm/coach. pats have a very solid 1-5 at receiver. does that mean you stop looking for more/better talent? of course not.you can never have enough good players at any position. theres nothing more important then coaching and DEPTH. if you can find a #5 receiver thats better then the 5th receiver they have now,then you do it.and get rid of the current player who was a little bit inferior. you always keep looking for better players at any position and should never be satisfied EVEN if your current group of guys are good(wich they very much are).

I've heard Dallas is going to talk to Price.  He and Bledsoe work well together.

424357[/snapback]

All the more reason to hate the Cowboys.

Cowboys | Interested in Price

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:42:37 -0700

Todd Archer, of the Dallas Morning News, reports the Dallas Cowboys have spoken to the agent of free agent WR Peerless Price (Falcons), and the two sides have scheduled more talks for Wednesday, Aug. 31. The Cowboys are interested in Price mainly because of QB Drew Bledsoe's presence with the team. With Bledsoe as his quarterback with the Buffalo Bills in 2002, Price caught a career-high 94 passes for 1,252 yards and nine touchdowns. "With Drew's relationship with Peerless, that's something we'd like to explore," said Price's agent, Tim McGee.

424345[/snapback]

it's not about the big paycheck -- of course i'd take it. it's about insisting you're a number one receiver and not realizing that you could have a long (and prosperous) career if you took the time to find the RIGHT situation.

quite obviously, atlanta was not the right fit. and now, two years later, PP is a bust and has also been labeled an attitude problem. ok, he made some big bucks. his ego and reputation took a huge hit. let's see how much more he is able to earn.

two years ago i shook my head and laughed about how donahoe had taken the falcons for a ride. i don't begrudge PP his money; i just think he could have done better for himself over the long term by handling things differently.

Lenny P. said on the radio this AM that Peerless has been disappointed at the lack of interest he's drawn so far, although I'm sure he'll find a home soon. One thing he did say is that Philly doesn't appear to be interested...they are apparently interested in a different guy that was released (not Warrick though...don't remember who).

selfish, egotisitical, and only concerned with money? on what basis do you make that claim?

424342[/snapback]

Based on just about everything we heard and read from him at the end of his last season here. Remember the hissy-fit he threw when he found out Moulds made the Pro Bowl and he didn't?

Maybe before New England traded for Davis, he'd go to the Patriots...but not anymore.  Besides, Price is the best example of the complete opposite from the normal Patriots players.  He's a selfish, egotistical player who only is concerned with money.  Yeah, that'll go over reaaaaallly well in New England.

423351[/snapback]

I thought the same about Corey Dillon...I think that worked out :doh: