QB stats for the Bills since 1990

but your "accurate" assessment that DB would do better than "any of us" is some hard hitting commentary. HE'S A FREAKIN NFL QB, I would hope he's a little better anyone on this board(...and not by much).

He's not better than Stojan's grandmother though, that's for sure.

CW

Wow .. so many thoughtfull intelligent replys !

my POINT was a responce to posts like "Drew had a movement today .. took a dump" and the like.

The numbers show that Drew was no better or worse than the beloved Kelly or Flutie in his stats.

Was it time for a chance .. sure it was .. is JP the answer .. sure hope so but WAY to early to tell ... was Drew a bum .. hell no ... he had weaknesses and strengths ... and often the people around a QB either hide them or make them all the more apparent. Imagine if Kelly had to run for his life .. he had no whels wither.

Besides Moulds who did Drew have over the 3 years to throw to ... Price ? hurt Tight ends ..

I know .. he fumbled ... patted the ball .. lost all of our games ...

Guess it was he who missed FG's ... who let game ending TD;s happen against the defense ..etc!

Its a team sport and all play a role ... Drew was not as people "like" to remember ... he never blamed others and got up after many a brutal hit ... so why do people have such a problem moving on ...

I thought the numbers were interesting just the same !

Wow .. so many thoughtfull intelligent replys !

my POINT was a responce to posts like "Drew had a movement today .. took a dump" and the like.

The numbers show that Drew was no better or worse than the beloved Kelly or Flutie in his stats.

Was it time for a chance .. sure it was .. is JP the answer .. sure hope so but WAY to early to tell ... was Drew a bum .. hell no ... he had weaknesses and strengths ... and often the people around a QB either hide them or make them all the more apparent. Imagine if Kelly had to run for his life .. he had no whels wither.

Besides Moulds who did Drew have over the 3 years to throw to ... Price ? hurt Tight ends ..

I know .. he fumbled ... patted the ball .. lost all of our games ...

Guess it was he who missed FG's ... who let game ending TD;s happen against the defense ..etc!

Its a team sport and all play a role ... Drew was not as people "like" to remember ... he never blamed others and got up after many a brutal hit ... so why do people have such a problem moving on ...

I thought the numbers were interesting just the same !

419680[/snapback]

Mac Bledsoe, please fight the urge to defend your son on the buffalo bills message board when he is no longer a member of the team. We know hes washed up and only a year or 2 away from being out of the league, and we thank you for his 3 years here in buffalo. But please leave us alone.

one key area where kelly generally kicks bledsoe's ass is yards per attempt -- what you might call the "explosiveness" statistic. i look at YPA to gauge how "dangerous" a QB is, since a higher number combines accuracy (high completion %) and yardage.

bledsoe as a bill doesn't hold a candle to kelly in that respect.

(by the way, i expect losman's YPA to be rather low this season -- probably in the 6.5 range)

one key area where kelly generally kicks bledsoe's ass is yards per attempt -- what you might call the "explosiveness" statistic.  i look at YPA to gauge how "dangerous" a QB is, since a higher number combines accuracy (high completion %) and yardage.

bledsoe as a bill doesn't hold a candle to kelly in that respect.

(by the way, i expect losman's YPA to be rather low this season -- probably in the 6.5 range)

419691[/snapback]

What are the YPA stats over the course of their entire NFL careers?

I really have no idea, just curious.

Thanks!

What are the YPA stats over the course of their entire NFL careers?

I really have no idea, just curious.

Thanks!

419692[/snapback]

kelly -- 7.42

bledsoe -- 6.58

thanks for making me do the research -- i rest my case! :D

Got a stat for games blown by crucial fumbles and inopportune interceptions?  Didn't think so.

419053[/snapback]

Agreed. The stats do not include many variables for quality of play such as distinguishing between a deflected pass or throwing into double teams or inexplicably choking the ball away. It is also true that offensive line protection can do wonders for stats and quality. Kelly could have played longer if he wasn't so beat up physically and mentally.

drew is now irrelevant.  next

419784[/snapback]

Agreed.

Man, this is like hiding in the methadone clinic to get out of the rain. Just a few more weeks, people...we've gone this long. We will have football soon. Football hasn't left us. Soothing football will be there.

This has to be the most ridiculous post I've ever seen! Let me get this straight, Travelingman. You're comparing Kelly to Bledsoe?!?! I don't need to explain how absurd that is, I'm sure others will. Not only do you compare those two, but your "accurate" assessment that DB would do better than "any of us" is some hard hitting commentary. HE'S A FREAKIN NFL QB, I would hope he's a little better anyone on this board(...and not by much). If your purpose was to stir the pot, you've done that. If your purpose was to somehow to convince others that DB, in ANY way compares to Jimbo, you've failed miserably. JEEZ........

418947[/snapback]

Is Kelly in HOF????