Pick one player

scribo

I don't want to start a Manning/Brady argument, but any post that doesn't say either one of them is absurd.

417727[/snapback]

I would take McNabb over both. I think Brady is product of a very good system, much like Denver running backs. I am not confident that Brady would be nearly as good outside a Bellichick program. Manning is a great QB, but I don't think he coudl be nearly as productive behind the still questionable offensive line the Bills have. McNabb can thrive in any program.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how anyone could pass on Peyton Manning.  I'd go with him, although I do like the Peppers idea.

417691[/snapback]

I agree. Manning would be the obvious choice since the Bills already have a top flight defense and very good skill players on O. They'd be an instant SB contender. No other player would make that difference for Buffalo.

;)

Yep, put him on a team with LESS talent, and he'd definitely do better.

417917[/snapback]

Okay let's see.

We have a better RB

better receivers

better safeties

better LBers

They have

better Oline

better Dline

Push on the corners overall

So overall, we are probably very comparable. I am one who thinks line play is very important, and therefore give them more weight then the other spots.

I agree.  Manning would be the obvious choice since the Bills already have a top flight defense and very good skill players on O.  They'd be an instant SB contender.  No other player would make that difference for Buffalo.

417921[/snapback]

Brady?

I think Brady is product of a very good system... I am not confident that Brady would be nearly as good outside a Bellichick program.

Drew Bledsoe's numbers in the all-powerful Belichick/Patriots system:

18 games/starts

597 attempts

352 completions

59% completion rate

3,691 yards

6.2 YPA

19 TDs

15 INTs

77.1 QB Rating

5 wins

13 losses