3,691 yards

6.2 YPA

19 TDs

15 INTs

77.1 QB Rating

5 wins

13 losses

That's one heck of a system.

True. The defense was AMAZING in 2000 (and the first game of 2001). Thank goodness for the Pats Brady's addition made the defense better. ;):P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay let's see. 

We have a better RB

better receivers

better safeties

better LBers

They have

better Oline

better Dline

Push on the corners overall

So overall, we are probably very comparable.  I am one who thinks line play is very important, and therefore give them more weight then the other spots.

417925[/snapback]

I'm talking about the Pats and Eagles. Taking the QBs out of it, the Pats have less talent than the Eagles.

T.O.?  Ever heard of this guy?  He's making headlines these days.

True. That Branch is a scrub. SB MVP means nothing, right? Ah but wait, Brady makes Branch look good. ;)

Check out McNabb's numbers with a star-less WR corps (like Brady has).

You're right. 4 straight trips to the NFCCG (remember that TO missed the playoffs this past year). He sucks!

If Peyton was on this team, he wouldn't have to win the big game by himself.

418145[/snapback]

Maybe, maybe not. IMO, there's some intangible missing with the guy when it comes to competitiveness. He makes more dumb mistakes / comes up small under pressure than any marquee QB I've seen in the last decade.

My pick's Jonathan Ogden, BTW.

True.  That Branch is a scrub.  SB MVP means nothing, right?  Ah but wait, Brady makes Branch look good. ;)

Are you actually comparing Deion Branch to Terrell Owens? Don't get me wrong, I love what Branch brings as a player and he's proven to be a great big game guy, but his talent level is not close to Owens'. The guy's 5'7", for crying out loud!

You're right.  4 straight trips to the NFCCG (remember that TO missed the playoffs this past year).  He sucks!

Nice straw man there.

So with comparable offensive talent and superior defense around him, McNabb has consistently led his team to be 1-2 games worse than Brady's?

But if McNabb were on the Patriots, he'd have led them to 5 Super Bowl wins?

Not sure I follow your logic.

LT from the Chargers. Trade Magehee for a decent left side O Lineman.

418244[/snapback]

I am not sure that LT is better than Willis, and LT seems to have just as many durablity issues. But I really like your thinking in bringing in a top-tier player with the intent of trading the guy we have in that position -- turning this dream pick into two picks.

It's so hard to pick one player, but two immeditatly sprang to mind

1. Ed Reed- Safety imo is quickly becoming the most important position in the defensive secondary and the 2 teams with the best safety "tandems" were in the superbowl last year, however you can't go wrong with the best overall safety in the nfl.

2. Jake Delhomme- I love what this guy brings to the table, and hella underrated. Classic Game manager with the ability to put up #'s and win games for you.

I am not sure that LT is better than Willis, and LT seems to have just as many durablity issues. But I really like your thinking in bringing in a top-tier player with the intent of trading the guy we have in that position -- turning this dream pick into two picks.

418443[/snapback]

As much as I like Willis and his terrific potential I dont think he is anywhere near LT at this moment. IMHO Tomilinson is the running back in the NFL right now. Not saying Willis couldnt be there in the future but right now he isnt in LT's league.