OT:where is thebest place to park at home games?

zevo

I always park at Hammers if I don't have to run to the airport for a quick getaway, otherwise I will park opposite Hammers on one of the sidestreets, People give up spots for 10 or so. Walk over to the fieldhouse and the Pinto, then lot 1 Pole 6/5

I always park at Hammers if I don't have to run to the airport for a quick getaway, otherwise I will park opposite Hammers on one of the sidestreets, People give up spots for 10 or so. Walk over to the fieldhouse and the Pinto, then lot 1 Pole 6/5

Hey, I park at Hammer's Lot too or on the front lawn at Hammer house across the street from Hammer's Lot.

Hey, I park at Hammer's Lot too or on the front lawn at Hammer house across the street from Hammer's Lot.

417507[/snapback]

I thought that was reserved only

I've parked at Hammer's twice now - for location and amenities, I think that it is one of the best options...clean portojohns designated only for those who park in the lot (very important if you have women with you).

there is a church on Abbott Rd where I park. You can use their bathrooms, they sell burgers and hotdogs, and it is a short walk. The cost is $10.00 I think.

417708[/snapback]

I always use the ECC lot. Pretty easy to get in and out ,especially if you use RT 5 to get back home. Generally leaving from Grand Island, so thats the way we go.For all of you doing the double header on the 17th(including me) that will be your best way from the hockey to the football. Course I'm there early and tend to stay late.

Can't comment on the potties, as there is a nice stand of trees there that tend to get used quite a bit by both the men and the ladies.

how much is hammers lot, and what time should i get there before it fills ups?

417878[/snapback]

I have pulled in as late as 11:30 am for a 1:00 game, I think I have seen cars pull in even later than that

Hell if I'm going to tell any of you where I park. I get in and out so fast it's criminal, and if I tell you then everybody will want to park there and it'll suck. I'm just looking out for number one. ;)

Whats the fun in leaving quick?

The best part of a win is going back to your car, firing up the grille again, having a couple of burgers and beers, and shooting the sh-- with fellow Bills fans around you while the traffic dies down.

This coming from a guy that has a 6 1/2 hour drive home (I don't drink beers if I'm driving) - I don't understand why locals would be in such a hurry.

Hell if I'm going to tell any of you where I park.  I get in and out so fast it's criminal, and if I tell you then everybody will want to park there and it'll suck.  I'm just looking out for number one.  ;)

417912[/snapback]

Well said. When it comes to parking anywhere, anytime, it's survival of the fittest! :P

The best part of a win is going back to your car, firing up the grille again, having a couple of burgers and beers, and shooting the sh-- with fellow Bills fans around you while the traffic dies down.

This coming from a guy that has a 6 1/2 hour drive home (I don't drink beers if I'm driving) - I don't understand why locals would be in such a hurry.

417929[/snapback]

I used to make a whole day out of it too. Then I got married and had kids (both of whom are still too young for me to take to the games). Now I consider myself lucky that I get to leave Rochester at 10 or 10:30 a.m., see the game in person, and am back home by 6.

I am impressed with your dedication, though. That drive to and from Cincy has got to be one of the most boring stretches of highway in the nation.

I used to make a whole day out of it too.  Then I got married and had kids (both of whom are still too young for me to take to the games).  Now I consider myself lucky that I get to leave Rochester at 10 or 10:30 a.m., see the game in person, and am back home by 6.

I am impressed with your dedication, though.  That drive to and from Cincy has got to be one of the most boring stretches of highway in the nation.

417938[/snapback]

Forgive me - I guess I forget the fact that most of you are older and are married with kids.

Yes, the drive is pretty rough - its about 2 1/2 hours from Buffalo to Cleveland, then another 4 or so from Cleveland to Cincy.

Not exactly scenic, especially at night.

417929[/snapback]

I drive from Boston, and we get there early, and stay late. One year we were the last car to leave the lot. I never park in the Stadium lots because they don't open early enough, and you have to get out to early too. If I can't have my grill going by 8am, then I won't park there. I usually park in the private lot on the north side right before Lot 5. They don't care when you get there and if you leave late.