Anyone know ACTUAL Bills play terminology?

Can anyone give me any precise and accurate terminology for one play call from the Bills playbook of 2005 or 2004 even? Specifically, it would be best if the play were a pass, for a two or three wide receiver set, complete with the patterns for the main targets, the verbiage for the formation, and line call, etc. In other words, the precise language that Losman (or any Bills quarterback) would be saying to the players in the huddle for a pass play on third and long. It would be especially awesome and helpful if you could include what he may say at the line of scrimmage, changing the patterns in an audible.

Thanks in advance, except for you assclowns who will chime in with barely legible nonsense thinking you're being funny. :devil:

KTRD, no offense my friend, but if we knew that especially the hot read and audible calls then the Bills would be in a lot of trouble. Because if we knew it, then the rest of the league would as well. Hence they would know the plays and be better able to defend.

Thanks in advance, except for you assclowns who will chime in with barely legible nonsense thinking you're being funny.  :lol:

415658[/snapback]

You mean the QB doesn't draw the passing routes on his chest in the huddle and then come to the line and say "Blue 32, set, hut"?

:devil::lol:

On a related note, there was a very interesting program on NFL Channel, where Gruden was trying to teach Chris Simms the long stream of terminology for a play. Simms was not getting it, Gruden was pissed.

That stuff sounds VERY complicated...

Can anyone give me any precise and accurate terminology for one play call from the Bills playbook of 2005 or 2004 even? Specifically, it would be best if the play were a pass, for a two or three wide receiver set, complete with the patterns for the main targets, the verbiage for the formation, and line call, etc. In other words, the precise language that Losman (or any Bills quarterback) would be saying to the players in the huddle for a pass play on third and long. It would be especially awesome and helpful if you could include what he may say at the line of scrimmage, changing the patterns in an audible.

Thanks in advance, except for you assclowns who will chime in with barely legible nonsense thinking you're being funny.  :lol:

415658[/snapback]

Are you a clown? What kind of Quisling would make a self-serving call for secrets? :devil:

On a related note, there was a very interesting program on NFL Channel, where Gruden was trying to teach Chris Simms the long stream of terminology for a play.  Simms was not getting it, Gruden was pissed.

That stuff sounds VERY complicated...

415681[/snapback]

Maybe if Chucky took the clipboard away from his mouth the players would hear better?

Yeah, that West Coast terminology is insane - like 3 paragraphs for a 5 yd crossing route.

I am sure it is just an old take, maybe different names to describe formation and routes, with one or two hot/audible calls for each play.

Something called in huddle like" trips right, x cross, y slant, z fly, slide left on 2" which set it up as a 3 WR set right, three patterns and the blocking scheme.

He then might have a different color, city name, etc.. to hot read off for each receiver. That's what Kelly had. And it would change each game. He might call out RED, designating whoever the RED receiver as his first read based on the defense. He might also call out RED 2, which means RED WR goes to his 2nd alternate route.

Again that was how the Bills used to work, and I am sure it is different now. As someone mentioned you might have the QB call off all the alternate routes for each play in the huddle as well, if you have stupid receivers. This was actually part of the issue with Bledsoe and other receivers besides Moulds as Moulds knew the alternate routes and other receivers didn't always remember them for each play. Hence also why Shaw was cut.

I am sure it is just an old take, maybe different names to describe formation and routes, with one or two hot/audible calls for each play. 

Something called in huddle like" trips right, x cross, y slant, z fly, slide left on 2" which set it up as a 3 WR set right, three patterns and the blocking scheme. 

He then might have a different color, city name, etc.. to hot read off for each receiver.  That's what Kelly had.  And it would change each game.  He might call out RED, designating whoever the RED receiver as his first read based on the defense.  He might also call out RED 2, which means RED WR goes to his 2nd alternate route. 

Again that was how the Bills used to work, and I am sure it is different now.  As someone mentioned you might have the QB call off all the alternate routes for each play in the huddle as well, if you have stupid receivers.  This was actually part of the issue with Bledsoe and other receivers besides Moulds as Moulds knew the alternate routes and other receivers didn't always remember them for each play.  Hence also why Shaw was cut.

415697[/snapback]

you see, VA, this is why nobody takes you seriously. or at least, why i don't. you throw out this stuff with nothing factual to back it up. the first part of your post is at least educational on some level, but you !@#$ed it up with the last two sentences.

KTRD, no offense my friend, but if we knew that especially the hot read and audible calls then the Bills would be in a lot of trouble.  Because if we knew it, then the rest of the league would as well.  Hence they would know the plays and be better able to defend.

415673[/snapback]

Oh, so after one audible posted on a message board the rest of the league would know all of our play-calling? :devil: I think, perchance, that after one of our quarterbacks called one play on the line of scrimmage the same secret would be out. I don't even need to know what the play means, just the words. Maybe you should lay off here for a bit and work a little harder on moving Virginia's capital from Richmond to Roanoke, no one would be able to find them there if they wanted to attack.

you see, VA, this is why nobody takes you seriously.  or at least, why i don't.  you throw out this stuff with nothing factual to back it up.  the first part of your post is at least educational on some level, but you !@#$ed it up with the last two sentences.

415703[/snapback]

Go do some searching, they said Shaw was cut for exactly that reason. Not knowing the plays and not being in sync with Bledsoe.

http://www.rnews.com/print.cfm?id=21777

said Shaw was cut for his lack of production on the field, at practice and in meetings.

http://www.wgrz.com/printfullstory.aspx?storyid=23598

Drew Bledsoe completed only one of four passes directed at Shaw in third-down situations. And Shaw also turned the wrong way, having Bledsoe's pass hit him in the back, on a first-down play, and with the Jets blitzing.

These hot read routes were called out during the press conference on why he was cut.

Oh and quit being a prick. You don't have a clue what the !@#$ you are talking about.

Maybe you should lay off here for a bit and work a little harder on moving Virginia's capital from Richmond to Roanoke, no one would be able to find them there if they wanted to attack.

415708[/snapback]

:devil:

As it turns out I happen to be a student of NFL playcalling and I believe the call you are looking for is "Button hook Charlie right 80 squeeze au jus retatta aught five thread one-ninety-one." Audible comes on a cover 2 D, at which time JP will yell "Moulds grab the eggs, Evans grab the pasta and Reed try to hold onto the pickle juice. Run for an hour and then turn around by the Buick."

That's the only one I know. If anything else comes up I'll let you know.

Sam Wyche, when he was head coach of the Bengals, actually created his own language which his offensive players spoke during the game.

415685[/snapback]

and my understanding was that it was unpronouncable by humans... :devil:

you see, VA, this is why nobody takes you seriously.  or at least, why i don't.  you throw out this stuff with nothing factual to back it up.  the first part of your post is at least educational on some level, but you !@#$ed it up with the last two sentences.

415703[/snapback]

Actually VA is correct in this case eball. Plus it was apparent to most at the time that Shaw wasn't reading hot route situations correctly at the time...

Actually VA is correct in this case eball. Plus it was apparent to most at the time that Shaw wasn't reading hot route situations correctly at the time...

415740[/snapback]

:devil:

Suddenly I'm reminded of your posts the day after Shaw got cut.

"Will somebody please agree with me that the reason he got cut was his inability to read hot routes" Nine months later you've been vindicated. :lol: