Peters on the KO return

Mickey

I was finally able to take a second look at the first half of the GB game last night and I saw something I missed on R.Lee's kickoff return.

Peters took the man he was blocking and tossed him to Peters' right like a rag doll. The guy landed on a second Packer, taking him down as well. With that one move, taking two guys out at once, Peters opened a huge hole in the coverage and sure enough, Lee went right through that hole.

For those of you who taped the game, you can just see this happen on the replay from endzone camera. Peters is just visible on the right of the screen tossing a guy to the left right into another Packer and they both go down. The replay switches to the sideline camera just as the two Packers are going down and Lee sprints by. You may have to rewind it a few times but it is there.

That is one of the most incredible blocks I have ever seen on special teams, ever.

I'd love to be in the film room when they run that tape.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was finally able to take a second look at the first half of the GB game last night and I saw something I missed on R.Lee's kickoff return.

Peters took the man he was blocking and tossed him to Peters' right like a rag doll.  The guy landed on a second Packer, taking him down as well.  With that one move, taking two guys out at once, Peters opened a huge hole in the coverage and sure enough, Lee went right through that hole.

For those of you who taped the game, you can just see this happen on the replay from endzone camera.  Peters is just visible on the right of the screen tossing a guy to the left right into another Packer and they both go down.  The replay switches to the sideline camera just as the two Packers are going down and Lee sprints by.  You may have to rewind it a few times but it is there.

That is one of the most incredible blocks I have ever seen on special teams, ever.

414078[/snapback]

The coaches rave about his "unblockability" (if that is a word) on special teams. He really makes them go. I can't wait to watch him in action this season. :D

Peters took the man he was blocking and tossed him to Peters' right like a rag doll.  The guy landed on a second Packer, taking him down as well.  With that one move, taking two guys out at once, Peters opened a huge hole in the coverage and sure enough, Lee went right through that hole.

For those of you who taped the game, you can just see this happen on the replay from endzone camera.  Peters is just visible on the right of the screen tossing a guy to the left right into another Packer and they both go down.  The replay switches to the sideline camera just as the two Packers are going down and Lee sprints by.  You may have to rewind it a few times but it is there.

414078[/snapback]

So now, in a little more than half a season, we have seen a ridiculous block on KR, and a ridiculous block of a punt on the PR and I have seen (amongst others) ridiculous wedge busting on the KO team including a couple times when he was the first guy down the field, outrunning a few DBs. We have also been told in a news article that Bills players were changing positions in line during practice so they didnt have to face him. Add that to a rather remarkable switch to LT from a 9-wonderlicking UDFA TE with little coaching, and I'd say we have some kind of freak on our hands.

So now, in a little more than half a season, we have seen a ridiculous block on KR, and a ridiculous block of a punt on the PR and I have seen (amongst others) ridiculous wedge busting on the KO team including a couple times when he was the first guy down the field, outrunning a few DBs. We have also been told in a news article that Bills players were changing positions in line during practice so they didnt have to face him. Add that to a rather remarkable switch to LT from a 9-wonderlicking UDFA TE with little coaching, and I'd say we have some kind of freak on our hands.

414086[/snapback]

He scored a 9 on the wonderlick? :D

414086[/snapback]

He reminds me of Ben Grimm, "The Thing" from The Fantastic Four.

Maybe we should let him rush the passer. :D

This guy needs to be on the field as much as possible. I'd like to see him play LT against some starters next pre-season game.

He reminds me of Ben Grimm, "The Thing" from The Fantastic Four.

Maybe we should let him rush the passer.  :D

This guy needs to be on the field as much as possible.  I'd like to see him play LT against some starters next pre-season game.

414091[/snapback]

I think he played a series or two against KGB Saturday. I may be wrong but I thought they put him in our third offensive series. (This was just from memory of watching the game while drinking a bunch of beers and not watching a tape of it, but I am sure someone noticed when he was put in. :P )

Yup, our lovable manster was not an Academic All-American. But I don't care, he doesn't need to be good on tests, just on gameday. And apparently, he is pretty football smart.

414094[/snapback]

Or just so freakishly gifted it just doesn't matter. :D

I think he played a series or two against KGB Saturday. I may be wrong but I thought they put him in our third offensive series. (This was just from memory of watching the game while drinking a bunch of beers and not watching a tape of it, but I am sure someone noticed when he was put in.  :D )

414096[/snapback]

He played about three-quarters of the snaps, including a few series against KGB.

That doesn't mean he isn't intelligent.

It could be he just doesn't know how to work a pencil.

414117[/snapback]

Why if a guy scores a 41 do we rave about his intellect but a 9 is not important? The wonderlic is not overly taxing but it does require the mind to 'hold" two or more concepts while making a conclusion. Left tackle is a one trick pony position. Though help is largely restricted to chip blocks by your back it does not require thought as would tight end for example. Thus left tackle.

His specialness on special teams may relegate Peters to part-time duty as a tackle. He is so good it is scary

Yup, our lovable manster was not an Academic All-American. But I don't care, he doesn't need to be good on tests, just on gameday. And apparently, he is pretty football smart.

414094[/snapback]

sadly, there are many idiots around (including on this board) who think it's appropriate to call the man stupid because of a standardized test score. :D

sadly, there are many idiots around (including on this board) who think it's appropriate to call the man stupid because of a standardized test score.  :D

414152[/snapback]

Is calling someone "not an Academic All-American" after he scored a 9 on the Wonderlic an outrageous or politically incorrect statement for you? I'm just asking.

sadly, there are many idiots around (including on this board) who think it's appropriate to call the man stupid because of a standardized test score.  :D

414152[/snapback]

Have you ever taken the Wonderlic? It has some very basic questions.

Chances are that if you scored a 9 on the Wonderlic, it is a good guess that you are not able to read. (it doesn't mean you are not intelligent)

414152[/snapback]

I don't care if someone calls him moron, idiot, retard, or slobber-knocker savant, he can play on my football team any day of the week. (especially Sunday's)

414078[/snapback]

Good call on that Mickey. I noticed it last night when I watched the game again. With Peters and Haddad we are Super Bowl bound!

414152[/snapback]

Sadly I used to take this same position until someone posted questions from the test. I tried as hard as possible to be right, but even an over-opinionated idiot like myself was able to look at that test and realize that the only way you can get a 9 on that test is to either (a) be unable to read or (b) be unable breathe air and randomly point at the same time.