Sam Wyche- your star pupil is shining

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say "shining"...

I'd say Losman is just not screwing up.

But, as we've already discussed here, if he isnt screwing up, then we'll win a bunch of games on the backs' of our Defense, Special Teams and #21.

413288[/snapback]

thats a proven winning formula. I'll take it

But, as we've already discussed here, if he isnt screwing up, then we'll win a bunch of games on the backs' of our Defense, Special Teams and #21.

413288[/snapback]

Just not seeing your Quaterback fold in the backfield is enlightening.

413288[/snapback]

That is all we need! Defense and Teams should carry this team like they should've done last year. Willis sure helped things tho. :angry:

We saw last night about what we expected, great play one minute, disaster the next. It will be a mixed bag with him, mostly good but plenty of head scratchers here and there like that safety. It will be exciting, no doubts there. The way he can make a play last forever is wild baby, wild.

We saw last night about what we expected, great play one minute, disaster the next.  It will be a mixed bag with him, mostly good but plenty of head scratchers here and there like that safety.  It will be exciting, no doubts there.  The way he can make a play last forever is wild baby, wild.

413583[/snapback]

But he seems to learn from his mistakes, after the sack/safety, on two other occasions that he was rushed and had to scramble, he just threw the ball away rather than take a sack or make an illadvised throw. These pre season games are giving him experience that no amount of study can.

With this defense and special teams, JP not screwing up = shining.

413609[/snapback]

Somebody that sees the light. I just ask myself this question- who would have played better at home against the Steelers second string in a playoff situation. I think that is the question that the Bills organization pondered.... for about 15 minutes. Losman thus far has shown accuracy (hell Mcnab threw interceptions last night) and an un-stoppable desire to win. I'll take that over a so called "seasoned vet" that shows jack s**t for emotion, AND Doesn't show up or workout in the off-season. God bless the brass balls of TD.

That safety that was anulled by the penalty is cause for alarm.  He impressed me on third downs though.

413362[/snapback]

Nah, he did a good job of throwing the thing away for the rest of the game if he needed to. I think we can just chalk that up to rookie-qb-syndrom.

-Jeff

Nah, he did a good job of throwing the thing away for the rest of the game if he needed to. I think we can just chalk that up to rookie-qb-syndrom.

I'll be able to comment on it when I see the replay tomorrow on NFL network, but isn't it possible he was TRYING to get outside to throw it away, but couldn't get around KGB?

With two more pre-season games , combined with the determination that Losman showed in the off-season, folks we have a winner. By 4:00 p.m. on 9/11 the critics will be silenced.

413285[/snapback]

I agree, it's looking good. Now I'm waiting for b.harami98 to find this and spread his doom message! :angry:

Can't wait to see this game Monday at 4:00pm on NFL net.

Good post Mike

Jeff

I'll be able to comment on it when I see the replay tomorrow on NFL network, but isn't it possible he was TRYING to get outside to throw it away, but couldn't get around KGB?

413861[/snapback]

I personally don't think so. It looked like he was holding on to it and biding his time because he just KNEW he could make "that big play."

Looks like an honest screw up. It didn't look common though. Like I said, there were other situations where he realized the play was a bust and ate the down rather than a) running and risking injury b) forcing a turnover c) eating a sack.

I'm feeling more and more confident with every down that he's under center. I really do think that by week one, he'll bring a good game. Hell, for each time he tossed that ball away yesterday, DB would have been planted firm on his behind.

-Jeff