Dudes... I say let him walk: Clements

DeeRay

Well it's important to remember that this is a contract extension, so allot of posturing is going on. If nothing else we all should know that TD is not the type to dump money on someone.

Jeff

412340[/snapback]

He's dumped $9 Mil a year on a right tackle.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4-14-JAC34 (1:18) (Shotgun) B.Leftwich pass to J.Smith to BUF 21 for 45 yards (N.Clements). Caught at BUF 22, left side.

:blink:

412481[/snapback]

how many points was jacksonville awarded for the catch at the 21 yard line? :)

Ummmmmmmm, maybe we don't have one.  Maybe no team has one.  Ask Denver how much throwing all that money at Champ Bailey worked out.  After all, he was their "shut down corner" every time they played Indy.

412514[/snapback]

That defense is just horrible and you can't expect just 1 guy to do his job and not be exploited at all.

If we were to trade Clements now, would the secondary (and the D as a whole) be better off?

Just stating the facts...in an earlier post you said the catch was made at the "freakin' 40 yard line". :blink:

412550[/snapback]

geez, you really have it in for me today, don't you? did the error in yard line really change the gist of my post?

didn't think so. :)

geez, you really have it in for me today, don't you?  did the error in yard line really change the gist of my post?

didn't think so.  :)

412604[/snapback]

I was off base on the "ignorant media" thread. In this case, I wasn't challenging your opinion, just correcting the place where the ball was after the NC play. As long as you are asking though...A nineteen yard difference is a HUGE difference when there is only 1:18 left to play.

PS I don't have it in for you. You must just be in the wrong place at the wrong time! :blink:

he was a hair away from picking it off...but he could have easily batted it down and then it would have been game over...plain and simple he screwed up, and his folly ended up costing us the game...

412423[/snapback]

Another point that seems to have been forgotten: It was 4th down. Unless you are guaranteed to be able to return the int at least to the line of scrimmage, you just knock it down because your team gets better field position than if you intercept it.

I guess in today's "pad my stats because its all about my next contract" NFL, nobody ever thinks that way.

how many points was jacksonville awarded for the catch at the 21 yard line?  :)

412546[/snapback]

Please tell me you are kidding. I seriously quit. THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER. Done. No chance for other "less quality" Bills players to make MORE errors. The so called "Best CB" in the league made it possible for some others to mess up. Some of you people on a coaching staff would be laughable.

Nate Clements makes his living playing football. He owrks at it all year. He goes to mini-camps. Training camps. He's a veteran. He made one of most idiotic plays of the year. He should have known better than to try to intercept that ball. He was one on one. He lost, BECAUSE OF STUPIDITY. It wasn't a physical error, but rather a mental one. One that I would think wouldnt happen to a self proclaimed best CB in the league. And if it was a physical error, than he doesn't deserve "best CB in the league money." Unreal.

IT WAS A MAJOR MISTAKE. Undefendable.

Frankly, the Jacksonville loss was as much a holding penalty on Villarial on McGahees' first down run, deep in the Jaguars territory, as anything Nate did. How about Moulds fumbling at the, oh, say 10 yard line going in? Anyone for Lindells' 42 yard field goal miss? That loss was a TOTAL TEAM EFFORT and they should have won! I think that before the final drive, the Jags "O" had 96 yards for the entire game, at that point!!! As for Nate and the extension, I'm torn between both arguments, pro and con. I think the Bills will franchise Nate and work out the details next off season, personally.

Please tell me you are kidding.  I seriously quit.  THE GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN OVER.  Done.  No chance for other "less quality" Bills players to make MORE errors.  The so called "Best CB" in the league made it possible for some others to mess up.  Some of you people on a coaching staff would be laughable. 

Nate Clements makes his living playing football.  He owrks at it all year.  He goes to mini-camps.  Training camps.  He's a veteran.  He made one of most idiotic plays of the year.  He should have known better than to try to intercept that ball.  He was one on one.  He lost, BECAUSE OF STUPIDITY.  It wasn't a physical error, but rather a mental one.  One that I would think wouldnt happen to a self proclaimed best CB in the league.  And if it was a physical error, than he doesn't deserve "best CB in the league money."  Unreal.

IT WAS A MAJOR MISTAKE.  Undefendable.

412651[/snapback]

you are completely missing my point. i have never defended nate's play in that game. i simply said that EVEN WITH THE PLAY -- which was not a score -- the game was not over and buffalo had a chance to seal the victory. one play does not a game make.

i can't make it any simpler than that.

So, who's this dominant, play-making DE that's coming to Buffalo next year and be a bigger factor/better value than Nate?

Julius Peppers on the way??? ;)

Maybe Richard Seymour??? ;)

Please don't say Jason Taylor or John Abraham. 0:)

let him walk. we can draft a corner 1st overall to play 16 games at a top level. nate will kill our cap. only bailey demands such a consideration. all OTEHR cbs are a dime a dozen IMO. i like kevin thomas to replace him - as long as we can get production from the edge rushers no one will run past our corners...

it is crap de lines that allow their corners to look like poop...