NYC's WFAN Mike and Mad dog

1billsfan

JP Losman is NOT a Rookie. He was here all of last year and even threw 5 passes during the regular season. He has had a full year on the sidelines plus an off-season plus a training camp. If idiots want to dismiss the Bills because of their rookie QB, let them. When the Bills offense is kicking behind and taking names, everyone will be shocked at how well the "rookie" QB is doing.

Mike & Fat Dog are right less than a broken clock. They are homers. What are they supposed to say while broadcasting LIVE from JETS CAMP? Jets will stink, Pennington is no good, Ty Law is over the hill? Of course not. They need to keep their audience interested and the head coach happy. Edwards is on their show all the time.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this feeling that either the Jets are going to play in the AFC championship game this year, or they're going to suck hard. It all depends on Martin - if he stays young, I wouldn't want to play them. If he starts to show his age, then they'll have to throw more, then Pennington will get injured, and then the defense which overachieved last year - will be on the field longer and look a lot worse.

Mike & Fat Dog are right less than a broken clock. They are homers. What are they supposed to say while broadcasting LIVE from JETS CAMP? Jets will stink, Pennington is no good, Ty Law is over the hill? Of course not. They need to keep their audience interested and the head coach happy. Edwards is on their show all the time.

409953[/snapback]

If you listen to them regularly you know that they're not homers.

It is correct that they have never liked the Bills however.

I have this feeling that either the Jets are going to play in the AFC championship game this year, or they're going to suck hard.  It all depends on Martin - if he stays young, I wouldn't want to play them.  If he starts to show his age, then they'll have to throw more, then Pennington will get injured, and then the defense which overachieved last year - will be on the field longer and look a lot worse.

409956[/snapback]

Good observation. Martin if healthy is a fearsome player.

409960[/snapback]

I agree. I used to listen to them regularly, from the time they came on the air in the early 90's until recently, and they rarely ever said anything positive about the Bills.

Some posters here have said they were on the bandwagon last year... but who wasn't.

WFAN Fat Mike and Dog are trashing Jim Kelly

I stopped listening to them because of their negativity towards the Bills.

Besides, the best part of their show was the suicidal Jet fans that would call in to whine and moan and cry. Since the Jets have been more successful lately, it wasn't was much fun listening.

Because of that show, I still have a soft spot for Rich Kotite. <_<

If the Bill's were 10-6 last year, they would have been in the playoffs?  10-6 rarely keeps you out of the playoffs.  I believe there have been something like 4 teams EVER that were 10-6 and didn't make the playoffs!

409938[/snapback]

Yeah, the Dolphans being one of them....Still LMAO!!!!!

JP's a rookie?  <_<

409918[/snapback]

Ok, by the dictionary, a rookie is: 1. An untrained or inexperienced recruit, as in the army or police. 2. An inexperienced person; a novice. 3. Sports. A first-year player, especially in a professional sport.

Is JP Inexperienced, yes. Is he a first year player, no according to the NFL. According to how much he played last year, MLB would still consider him a rookie. We can argue on this all day and night, so let's move on.

He is lacking experience. When he acquires more experience, then start touting him as the second coming of Marino. But for now, let's say, quite honestly, that he's an inexperienced player surrounded by a good team. If he can keep his head in the games, and not make the crucial mistakes, then he'll be fine, and get more confident.

As for all you morons reminding me that Big Ben and Tom Brady had great success, let's remember Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith, Marinovich, Tim Couch, Jeff George, Cade McNown... shall I keep going? All drafter higher than Losman.

If you listen to them regularly you know that they're not homers. 

409960[/snapback]

I heard a show where Steve Phillips (former Mets GM) came on when he was still with the club. They basically ran down every move he made over the previous three years, and had him defend every single one. They lambasted him. Obviously, some deals like Mo Vaughn and others were too easy, but they hammered him on everything. I'm not a big fan of them; I don't mind Mike but Russo is an arrogant bastard. But as a Mets fan, it was hilarious to hear. Phillips had nothing to say for himself.

Ok, by the dictionary, a rookie is: 1. An untrained or inexperienced recruit, as in the army or police. 2. An inexperienced person; a novice. 3. Sports. A first-year player, especially in a professional sport.

Is JP Inexperienced, yes. Is he a first year player, no according to the NFL. According to how much he played last year, MLB would still consider him a rookie. We can argue on this all day and night, so let's move on.

He is lacking experience. When he acquires more experience, then start touting him as the second coming of Marino. But for now, let's say, quite honestly, that he's an inexperienced player surrounded by a good team. If he can keep his head in the games, and not make the crucial mistakes, then he'll be fine, and get more confident.

As for all you morons reminding me that Big Ben and Tom Brady had great success, let's remember Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith, Marinovich, Tim Couch, Jeff George, Cade McNown... shall I keep going? All drafter higher than Losman.

410085[/snapback]

Looks like somebody needs to be reminded about the TOS....

Aint no need for namecallin

...as being a team in playoff contention this season. Yesterday these two chuckleheads were at Jet camp in Hofstra and every time they discussed the rest of the division with a player or coach they would say that the Bills would take a major step back because of Losman. They even had the nerve to suggest that the Jets should be fighting for one of the two top seeds come playoff time. A couple of times they listed who they felt would be the AFC teams in contention for playoff spots and did not list the Buffalo Bills once.

BTW, this made me quite happy. Put the pressure screws to your hometown team fellas and watch them blow a few more games in the last two minutes as they do every season. I also hope this is the feeling throughout the league, because after seeing what Brady, Palmer and Rothlesberger did early in their careers I don't see any reason why this kid JP can't have the same kind of success.

409881[/snapback]

Ok so how many HOF QB's (as rookies) lead their teams to the playoffs?

The only way we make it is if the O line plays lights out and Willis has a monster year. And the D can't fold against other playoff teams like they did last year either.

Looks like somebody needs to be reminded about the TOS....

Aint no need for namecallin

410121[/snapback]

Sorry if I hurt your feelings John. I hate to think you're crying like a certain Dolphin who, like you, couldnt take the heat.

You are obviously not a moron.

410085[/snapback]

As for the QB's you named, do some research and compare the teams surrounding brady and especially big ben to the teams surrounding the others listed...JP has talent surrounding him so he doesnt hafta carry the team.

and i will never, ever, annoint losman as the second coming of <bleep>. (I'll not utter such a curse word around these parts)

and i will never, ever, annoint losman as the second coming of <bleep>. (I'll not utter such a curse word around these parts)

410198[/snapback]

You should pray for JP to have a career like Marino's. I konw Id be happy for my Dolphins to have another Marino helming the team. Beats my alternative.

Ok so how many HOF QB's (as rookies) lead their teams to the playoffs? 

The only way we make it is if the O line plays lights out and Willis has a monster year.  And the D can't fold against other playoff teams like they did last year either.

410128[/snapback]

HOF QBs???? In the era of non-free agency, which is where all of the current HOF players come from, the bad teams always had a long way to go to be good enough for the playoffs and the perennial playoffs teams obviously had veteren QB leadership that led them to successfull seasons. Free agency has given us quick QB success stories when they land on talent laden teams. Anyways, what did Tom Brady do in his second season? What did Ben Rothlesberger do in his first? In his second season, Carson Palmer played well last season and almost had his team in the playoffs on a team with an average defense. Heck, we're not even mentioning Kurt Warner who won the Superbowl and was named the league MVP in his second season. These are recent QB success stories, so to dismiss JP as not even having a shot as being one of the reasons for the Bills having a successfull 2005 season is narrow sighted. Especially given the fact we are loaded at the skill positions. I think he has just as much chance to play very well as he does to having a rough year.

>>>>Especially given the fact we are loaded at the skill positions. I think he has just as much chance to play very well as he does to having a rough year.<<<<

I agree, but Gandy at LT doesn't help, and MW needs to play up to his salary. Skill positions matter, but blocking matters more.

JP is working hard. I like the kid, but the Bills must be able to run the football and protect him, or else he will have a bad year.

Imo it is that simple.

Ever think that starting a rookie QB might actually be a step back?

409910[/snapback]

The question is from what are we going to take a step back. With the exception of the second Miami game last year, we were already three steps behind. If JP can hand the ball off, do a decent play action, and throw a successful screen, he is a step ahead.

It's not like he is stepping into Kelly's or Marino's shoes here... He just has to be better than Bledsoe...

410085[/snapback]

Who the hell would look something up in a dictionary in this day in age? Never mind that, who owns a dictionary?