Packers v Bills game sells out

bluenews

Hey leave little Stevie alone!  After all he did for us, he deserves to be able to stink it up a little in the broadcast booth....

409962[/snapback]

To tell the truth, I enjoy him as a color man on regular season broadcasts, Play-by-play is a different world however and its easy to see why he may struggle at it.

What sucks is you can't "turn down the sound" and put on the radio because (at least on Saturday Night) there was MORE than a 10 second difference between the radio and TV.

Don't you all think that the radio feed losses a lot of listeners due to this huge discrepency.

Does anyone know why they don't try to sych up better???

In WNY you can watch the TV mute the sound and listen to the radio with John Murphy, Alex Van Pelt and Jeff Burris.

I'll tape Steve and Marv for later and listen to the radio at the stadium.

There's almost no way to sync it up. Open air antenna, cable, and satellite have all different delay times. Someone who is way more attuned to the technology could explain it better than me, but I know for sure there is a difference so radio couldn't sync to the TV cuz it wouldn't know which to sync to.

In WNY you can watch the TV mute the sound and listen to the radio with John Murphy, Alex Van Pelt and Jeff Burris.

I'll tape Steve and Marv for later and listen to the radio at the stadium.

409980[/snapback]

But Cindy, you can't! As I said above, the TV and Radio synch are off (or were last saturday) by over 10 seconds. On one play, the radio had already run a play and the TV was still on a commercial break.

There's almost no way to sync it up.  Open air antenna, cable, and satellite have all different delay times.  Someone who is way more attuned to the technology could explain it better than me, but I know for sure there is a difference so radio couldn't sync to the TV cuz it wouldn't know which to sync to.

409982[/snapback]

This is true, but I do remember that i used to be able to listen to Van and watch the game on TV. Maybe its worse for me because I have DirecTv.

I don't even here the radio spots encouraging people to "turn down the sound" anymore, so they must be aware of the difficulty people face.

What "Network" is showing it? I don't know the channels up there and sometimes we can a rogue satellite signal down here on a big dish.

410050[/snapback]

Channel 7 = ABC (WKBW BUffalo)

WRT "synching" it takes a lot less time for radio signals to get zapped "directly" from the stadium to your house than it does for the video signal to get zapped up to a satellite and back down again. I understand the frustration perfectly. Add TIVO to the mix and you have a recipe for A/V Retatta...

Maybe the NFL network also?

Yep. That's my 2nd choice but it will be on tape delay and I won't see it until the 22nd.

I'm just seeing the Colts game this afternoon at 3pm Central. Yuk.

But there's a Champs sports bar here that has the big dishes and they say they can get the preseason games via satellite as long as they are on a major network and they can catch a rogue signal. But they don't know if it will come through until after the game actually starts. What a way to screw with your afternoon!

This is so damn complicated.

I think we should revolt. Why should pre-season games be so difficult to get?

<_<

ORCHARD PARK, NY - The Buffalo Bills announced Wednesday that Turkey Hill Dairy has purchased the remaining seats for the Bills Kids’ Day preseason game against the Packers at Ralph Wilson Stadium making the event sold out for the second consecutive year. The game will air live Saturday, August 20 at 6:00 pm on WKBW-TV in Buffalo, WHAM-TV in Rochester, and WTVH-TV in Syracuse.

Turkey Hill’s Giant Cow has been visiting stores in the Rochester and Buffalo communities over the past 2 ½ weeks giving away four packs of tickets for the Kids Day game with purchase of Turkey Hill’s Buffalo Bills Stampede Sundae ice cream.

Turkey Hill Dairy’s involvement with the weekend extends beyond Saturday’s game. Today at Buffalo Bills Bausch & Lomb Training Camp at St. John Fisher College, Bills’ TE Mark Campbell, Women & Children’s Hospital’s Miracle Child, Natalie Rivera and Hospital Foundation representative Lisa LaTrovato will help Turkey Hill Dairy and the Buffalo Bills kickoff the 2005 football season with the relaunch of Bills Stampede Sundae flavored ice cream.

The flavor features vanilla ice cream with chocolate footballs and peanut butter and fudge swirls. Turkey Hill Dairy introduced the Bills’ themed ice cream flavor last summer. The company donates a nickel for every carton of ice cream sold to Women & Children’s Hospital of Buffalo. Turkey Hill Dairy will continue the promotion this season.

To celebrate this partnership, Turkey Hill Dairy will also host an ice cream party for patients at Women & Children’s Hospital on Friday, August 19th from 1-3 pm. Turkey Hill will provide ice cream and sugar free treats while Bills’ mascot Billy Buffalo will provide the entertainment.

As part of “Kids Day,” the Packers game will feature an interactive area for the kids, a Buffalo Bills Camera and Photo Album for the first 10,000 kids 14 & under, plus a fantastic laser light special effects show following the game. Also attending is Turkey Hill’s Giant Cow. This 25 foot long, 13.5 foot high fiberglass cow comes with free ice cream and prizes for all.

Last year, the “Kids Day” attendance of 71,549 ranked second on the Bills all-time preseason attendance list.

www.buffalobills.com