Bledsoe Injured

kasper13

And there are a lot of posters here that loved or liked him for a long time until two full years of frustration truncated that. The hatred for him now is because virtually everyone gave up on him at some point, some early, some late.

409705[/snapback]

My feelings exactly, i thought drew would be great, and i owned a bledsoe jersey within a month of our releasing the new ones back in '02...but he frustrated me so much over the last 1.5 years here, i wanted him gone...i dont hate him, and dont think he will succed at all...

as with JP, you cant judge anything on 1 preseaon game, but what was written sounds eeriely familiar to the past 1.5 seasons here...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, although I would say both he and Aikman weren't throwbacks at the start of their career.  The salary cap simply does not allow for a balanced team with the "prototypical" drop back passer because either the O-line has to be top notch, too, which means there is no money for the defense (Think Indy).  The zone blitz just piles on the need for a smarter, more mobile QB.  Bledsoe isn't either of those.

By the way, if I remember correctly Kenny O'Brian was more a accurate passer than Elway, Kelly, or Marino.  He just didn't have the time to get the pass off before he was sacked.  He also didn't have Bledsoe's durability, either.

409731[/snapback]

Being a proto-typical pocket passer does not mean that the QB has absolutely zero awareness in the pocket to feel the pass rush AND zero decision making ability.

Marino was probably slower than Drew (and definitely after his achilles injury), but he still managed to slide a few feet in the pocket to buy some time and deliver the ball.

Drew has been living off of his reputation for a long time and has refused to work on the deficient aspects of his game to improve himself.

That was DF's famous saying...The fans don't watch the game film, I played better on the film. <_< How soon we forget....

409964[/snapback]

Oh I remember that. Too bad we played on turf and not acetate.

I also remember the pronoun game he used to play. "I threw a touchdown pass. We had an interception."

That was DF's famous saying...The fans don't watch the game film, I played better on the film. <_< How soon we forget....

409964[/snapback]

Oh, I didn't remember hearing him say that. I knew about the I vs we thing, but not the "I watch game film" thing. That's funny 0:)

CW

Fez...DB's play through out the season is going to be scrutinized here at TSW.  It will be just like he is still a Bill.  :)

409657[/snapback]

Good times ahead! <_<

Everybody still laughs at RJ, I don't really see the difference. 0:)

So when DB, throws for 3500+ yards, 27 TDs and less then 15 INTs, Dallas makes the playoffs, it will still be despite Drew, and Drew sucked, but the rest of the team made up for his failings.

409673[/snapback]

<_<

Are you serious?

In your dreams. Bledsoe was done two and a half years ago. Probably before that. NE trading him to Buffalo was genius.

He's is so finished.

No but do you honestly believe if he did, that anyone here would give him any credit?

409682[/snapback]

Not sure what the mood would be here, but I suspect that if Bledsoe were to have such a season, Bill Parcells will get the vast majority of the credit. The national media takes any opportunity to worship at the shrine of the Tuna that it can.

Bledsoe led the NFL in attempts in Parcells' last three years as Patriots' coach, even though Curtis Martin was on the team the last two and this includes '95 even though Bledsoe had a separated shoulder all year. The Patriots had a very one dimensional offensive line in those days that may have dictated that strategy, but it still makes me interested to see how the Cowboys call plays this fall. Bledsoe fumbled a lot less back then even though his sack totals were still reasonably high.