LAMP: I set the bong down.

The_Real

I quit drinking, smoking and smoking the whacky stuff. Drinking and smoking 2 months ago with out cheating. The whacky stuff 15 days ago.

Didn't think it be this difficult but man do I want to roast a fuggin doobie. Any ideas of what I can do to eleviate stress these days?

T_R

I quit drinking, smoking and smoking the whacky stuff.  Drinking and smoking 2 months ago with out cheating.  The whacky stuff 15 days ago. 

Didn't think it be this difficult but man do I want to roast a fuggin doobie.  Any ideas of what I can do to eleviate stress these days?

T_R

409047[/snapback]

Seriously, go running, or swimming. Then smoke a bowl.

I quit drinking, smoking and smoking the whacky stuff.  Drinking and smoking 2 months ago with out cheating.  The whacky stuff 15 days ago. 

Didn't think it be this difficult but man do I want to roast a fuggin doobie.  Any ideas of what I can do to eleviate stress these days?

T_R

409047[/snapback]

Which was the hardest to quit for you?

Try yoga (really).

I've kicked several addictions in my time, and feel for you.

Avoid movies etc. that deal with what you're trying to do away with, and do not go to the places (or the people) that you most strongly associate with the stuff you're avoiding. It took me a loong time to feel okay going to a bar to play pool or hanging out at the neighborhood poker game without giving in....

Just avoid it for awhile. Assuming you were getting high every day, you'll probably be surprised that the weed will get a lot easier after 4-6 weeks. Until then, keep distracting yourself, especially with things like exercise that can feel good and reaffirm that you're being good to yourself by staying clean.

One last thing: be mild with yourself and keep pushing to the place you want to be. One puff doesn't mean you've blown it, just that you took a puff. That does not mean you're right back where you were.

Good luck. BTW, why the change in lifestyle?

I quit smoking weed about four years ago. I have smoked it twice since, none in the last two and half years. All I can say is after a while you don't really miss it. At first, it is kind of a habit related want. I would go drink some beers, and want to get high. After a while you lose that feeling of wanting to get high.

Look....nothing is going to replace the feeling of getting high, but you can find new things that you enjoy doing that are less destructive. Although I don't really think weed is all that destructive, but you get my point. Good luck.

You quit drinking, smoking and pot. What on earth made you do that? Did something happen in your life to make you think things would go better if you quit all of those at the same time? Or did something happen and now you have to quit?

Drinking: Jesus went to a wedding once and they had jugs of water. So the Son of God himself made wine. I read that in some book. Drink fine wine and be closer to your maker or at least closer to the guys who wrote the book.

Smoking: Good move. Ciggies are useless and make your breath smell bad. Not sexy. It isn't the tobacco so much as the 200 chemicals in the cancer sticks that make them deadly. GOOD CHOICE.

Pot: Almost everyone quits in the Summer if they want to or not. Summer is a very dry time of the year.

Good luck ~

Surf

Good for you. As you get further down the road, you'll find you have more and more energy, and the ability to think straight ahead. Both of these will double your creativity. Immerse yourself in a couple of creative projects. Stay regimented for awhile (yoga at 7, a walk right after work, creative project on Friday nights, etc.). Also, changing your life sometimes means changing a friend or three. If they don't understand, they weren't friends to begin with.

T_R

409047[/snapback]

I still want you to stay away from my daughter. :D

I've kicked several addictions in my time, and feel for you.

Good luck.  BTW, why the change in lifestyle?

409100[/snapback]

Alot of reasons. Most off, I'm tired of feeling like I'm a stick in the mud. I know that I am a strong person and that I won't have a problem quitting once I am over the initial phase. I just feel like I'm cheating myself in my potential to be a better person. I tend to be moody and I know that my drug use has something to do with it.

This crap sounds really cliche but I'm being honest with you. I just feel like I could be a better person and this is a place to start. Maybe in a year or so, I'll smoke a doob with the boys here and there.

Plus, I don't smoke crappy pot. $50.00 a pop just seems pathetic and it makes me feel bad about my budgeting.

I'm being real and admitting how bad I suck, so if you could go easy on me. I'm being my harshest critic.

t-r

Which was the hardest to quit for you?

Try yoga (really).

409070[/snapback]

Pot WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over anything else.

Can you tell me more about Yoga Rockpile? I have a genuine interest.

T_R

409047[/snapback]

15 days hmmm, that still gives another 2 weeks to tip your employer they may want to arrange a visit with the pissman...

Alot of reasons.  Most off, I'm tired of feeling like I'm a stick in the mud.  I know that I am a strong person and that I won't have a problem quitting once I am over the initial phase.  I just feel like I'm cheating myself in my potential to be a better person.  I tend to be moody and I know that my drug use has something to do with it. 

This crap sounds really cliche but I'm being honest with you.  I just feel like I could be a better person and this is a place to start.  Maybe in a year or so, I'll smoke a doob with the boys here and there. 

Plus, I don't smoke crappy pot.  $50.00 a pop just seems pathetic and it makes me feel bad about my budgeting. 

I'm being real and admitting how bad I suck, so if you could go easy on me.  I'm being my harshest critic. 

t-r

409277[/snapback]

Honestly, joking aside I'm glad for you.

Nothing is going to outpower the motivation of what you want. You initially asked what might be a stress reliever. Well, sorry - you are making major life style changes in a rapid period of time and you are going to feel a lot of stress.

Maybe the best stress reliever will be reminding yourself of your goal? Hobbies aren't going to cut it. When the urges hit, remind yourself that you have already gone 15 days. What's another 15 minutes? 15 minutes will turn into another 15 days.

If you slip, don't beat yourself up. Just start over again. If you really want it, you'll do it - and it sounds like you have done well so far.

T_R

409047[/snapback]

From personal experience, I can tell you that if you aren't ready to quit, then you won't. I have been sober for 4 years and plan to be the rest of my life. Finding a mate could do wonders for you. In the meantime, everytime you think of smoking a dub, maybe exercise (Run, jog) or read about something that you're interested in.

Pot WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over anything else.

Can you tell me more about Yoga Rockpile?  I have a genuine interest.

409281[/snapback]

Start by working on your breathing. That will really help with the tobacco and pot. Slow deep diaphragmatic breathing is like a valium. Other breathing exercises are like a stimulant.

Be patient and work through the exercises slowly. Posture combined with breathing is everything. It does no good to do it wrong.

Get a few books from the library with clear instructions and photos of what the motion looks like. Stay away from the stuff that makes you look like a pretzel; that takes years of practice. When you find a book that works for you go buy it. Put copies of the steps of an exercise on the wall where you can refer to them often.

Sometimes I follow yoga with a meditation CD; again just for relaxation.

Keep it simple and slow. It is not meant for everyone, and is not aerobic.

Right now the only drugs I am addicted to are a couple that help me deal with my MS. Good luck! :D

Here is a decent place to start: breathing and yoga

Is it an inside/out bong? I will take it off your hands! Myself I like vaporizers. Seriously exercise is the best thing for stress(er I mean the second best thing). I party my ass off but I work out everyday and love it. You will sleep better, feel better, have more energy and just overall better. Take bad habits and make good habits

T_R

409047[/snapback]

If you are having problems and feel like your about to fall off the wagon, ask Ricky how he's keeping it together :D

Hang in there!

Jeff