Lack of Parrish News

I was so excited hearing all the rave reviews about Roscoe Parrish. But before I could even see him practice; he gets injured.

So this happened on Wednesday, August 9th. He has had surgery on the injury already. Yet no one seems to know what happened or for how long he'll be out?

Who has surgery on something without knowing it's hurt for god's sake? They know what's injured and if a doctor has performed an operation on it, he knows how long he'll be out. So how can Mularkey and everyone pretend like they don't know?

I keep waiting to hear a timetable and all I keep hearing is, "I don't know". This is dumb. Pure and simple, dumb, dumb, dumbidy dumb dumb.

There, I feel better.

I was so excited hearing all the rave reviews about Roscoe Parrish. But before I could even see him practice; he gets injured.

So this happened on Wednesday, August 9th. He has had surgery on the injury already. Yet no one seems to know what happened or for how long he'll be out?

Who has surgery on something without knowing it's hurt for god's sake? They know what's injured and if a doctor has performed an operation on it, he knows how long he'll be out. So how can Mularkey and everyone pretend like they don't know?

I keep waiting to hear a timetable and all I keep hearing is, "I don't know". This is dumb. Pure and simple, dumb, dumb, dumbidy dumb dumb.

There, I feel better.

408397[/snapback]

Mularkey is even telling the players not to discuss their injuries to the media, no matter if it's getting better or no improvement. I think he's taking a page from the Bill Belichick coaching book. Belichick is extremely secretive about injuries all the time and I think even Cowhler was like that in Pitt. I'm not surprised.

Mularkey interview from tonight is up on bb.com.

Roscoe will miss the rest of the preseason is about the only nugget he would offer.

When asked what type of wrist injury it was--break, sprain, strain..Mularkey said -- I am not a doctor--I can't remember the medical term... :doh::)

***RUMOR ALERT***

Do not shoot the messenger. I repeat, DO NOT shoot the messenger. This is for the news-starved/rumor-tolerator, NOT the rumor police. I got this off another message board:

My friend works with the bills for the entire training camp so he is in communications with the trainers and equipment managers etc....A trainer told him that roscoe's injury was not a break and that he should be back in about 4 weeks at full speed.

Yeah I know, "my cousin's friend's uncle's drugdealer..." But he's a regular poster and I e-mailed him and he seems believable. Take it for what it's worth and do with it what you will. But taken with the other rumor of sorts that Rosensleaze thinks that the surgery won't get Roscoe to 100% and that he shouldn't play until he IS 100% (after the season), to prevent risk of further injury, and who knows what will happen? :doh:

Mularkey interview from tonight is up on bb.com.

Roscoe will miss the rest of the preseason is about the only nugget he would offer.

When asked what type of wrist injury it was--break, sprain, strain..Mularkey said -- I am not a doctor--I can't remember the medical term... :)  :lol:

408420[/snapback]

I believe the technical term is a f-upped wrist. 'Course MM couldn't say that. :doh:

this is funny. fans act as if it their "right" to know the precise medical condition of the players -- nothing is farther from the truth. while i too would like to know the details, i applaud MM and the bills for (a) respecting players' privacy rights, and (b) realizing that there is a potential competitive edge to be had by holding such information close to the vest.

anyone who is "upset" by this needs to chill.

This is another possibility: They just don't know. Especially on something like a wrist where he may or may not be able to play with a cast. The real prognosis could actually be 4-10 weeks, so why tell the other teams in week one or two he is likely not going to play, or the fans who will expect him back in four or five weeks and then complain where the hell is Parrish? Parrish is a wussy. I knew that he was too small. He can't handle the pain. He is going to play as soon as he is ready, and I don't think the team, the doctors, or Parrish himself can pinpoint that down yet.

As a fan, I would certainly like to know what's up with our players. But, also as a fan, I want the team to do everything it can to get every advantage it can. So if MM feels that keeping Rascoe's status unknown will help, I am more than willing to go along. I guess the point is that the Texans will have to game plan for a Bills team with Parrish and a Bills team without Parrish. Smart move, IMHO.

Parrish is a wussy. I knew that he was too small. He can't handle the pain. He is going to play as soon as he is ready, and I don't think the team, the doctors, or Parrish himself can pinpoint that down yet.

I hope the "Parrish is a wussy" part was sarcasm. Because he isn't. He took a hellacious hit in college and finished-out the game (then he missed a couple after that with a bruised lung or something). And this injury had NOTHING to do with him being "too small."

I hope the "Parrish is a wussy" part was sarcasm.  Because he isn't.  He took a hellacious hit in college and finished-out the game (then he missed a couple after that with a bruised lung or something).  And this injury had NOTHING to do with him being "too small."

408623[/snapback]

Oh, I know. I was trying to say that those kind of comments would be said by some fans if the team said Parrish should be out 4 weeks and then he wasn't ready to play in four weeks.

I can't imagine there's reason to have surgery if there isn't a break or a ligament tear of some kind.

It's just a matter of where the injury was, how quickly it heals, and how much it limits RP from catching the ball as to when he comes back.

The 'good' thing is that it shouldn't limit his conditioning. Hell, put a red jersey on him and let him practice - just keep the ball away.

guys this secrecy is nothing new...for the past few years the shroud of secrecy has gone up in the nfl re: injuries.  correct me if i am wrong, but i think this is due to the advent of HIPAA regulations.

408464[/snapback]

Obviously HIPAA is a cumbersome regulation that is 1000's of pages long, but in a nutshell it has to do with the "privacy" of ones health records/medical conditions. I don't believe HIPAA precludes the Bills from releasing info on Parrish to the public. What HIPAA does state is that a nurse, doctor or other health professional who has knowledge of Parrish's injury cannot share this knowledge with anyone outside of the people who need to know(other health care professionals who are working on this patient).

I believe this shroud of secrecy has more to do with the coaches/front office of any team, attempting to gain a perceived advantage by not releasing the nature of an injury within the rules of the NFL.

I know the nfl has some rule about the weekly injury report and not listing injured players on it(which in turn has caused some teams to be spiteful and list half their roster every week on the injury report), but I don't know about general statements to the media during the preseason regarding any injuries.

Obviously HIPAA is a cumbersome regulation that is 1000's of pages long, but in a nutshell it has to do with the "privacy" of ones  health records/medical conditions.  I don't believe HIPAA precludes the Bills from releasing info on Parrish to the public. What HIPAA does state is that a nurse, doctor or other health professional who has knowledge of Parrish's injury cannot share this knowledge with anyone outside of the people who need to know(other health care professionals who are working on this patient). 

I believe this shroud of secrecy has more to do with the coaches/front office of any team, attempting to gain a perceived advantage by not releasing the nature of an injury within the rules of the NFL. 

I know the nfl has some rule about the weekly injury report and not listing injured players on it(which in turn has caused some teams to be spiteful and list half their roster every week on the injury report), but I don't know about general statements to the media during the preseason regarding any injuries.

408700[/snapback]

Last season, the B'gals drew a 10K fine for suiting up a player on game day that was listed as out. I'm not sure, but it might have been Warrick's last game of the season.

But, he's been cleared to play, and is practicing.

FWIW, this is from a fantasy football site I frequent....

WR Roscoe Parrish, Bills (wrist surgery) – Too bad, we were starting to like the idea of Parrish in the slot with Moulds and Evans in 3-WR sets. Our sources say the rookie just had pins inserted into his wrist so this little guy is gone until midseason.