sproles

ch19079

did anyone catch the preseason game between the packers and chargers. they put sproles in after halftime.

i really liked this guy in college, and thaught that even though he is small, he could be a great RB in the NFL.

well i watched him run up the middle, and get KILLED by a 320 lbs lineman. looked like he flew back 5 yards. hes listed as 5-7 170lbs. bounced back up and ran back to the huddle, to do the same thing again. when hes hit, its liek they are hitting a small child. its crazy. it was awsome to watch. i was laughing so hard. :D but i was cheering for him to.

he had some good catches though. and made a guy miss a few times.

so did yall watch it. and what did you think of sproles? i really wanted the bills to draft this guy.

You know what was particularly funny? There was a point where some drunk ran onto the field. So they naturally take the camera off the field, and show a shot of Favre and a couple of guys on the sidelines. McGuire is making a comment about some chucklehead on the field..."and it looks like security is about to get him..."

And then you suddenly saw Brett's eyes get big and the entire stadium yell "OOOOHHH!!!" I would have given anything to have seen that hit. I had to rewind it three times because it clearly seemed like something out of a Bud Lite commercial.

reminds me of a scene from training camp a couple years ago. the play was a hand off to simonton up the middle. well, it got whistled down right after the handoff for some reason, and sam adams turns around so his back is to the play. simonton continues the play anyway, right into sams back, bounces backwards like a rag doll right back where he came from. flew at least a couple yards backwards. adams didnt even twitch or turn around, like he didnt even feel it. funny stuff, unless you're the midget in question, i guess.

With all the hype I've heard about Sproles since he was drafted, I thought he was terrible last night and appears to be a long shot to ever see any significant playing time in the NFL. He doesn't even appear to be able to make the outside to the LOS when given an opportunity. I liked him in college and hope he improves though...

I have to agree - was thinking the same thing.  But, I don't think that he was running behind the starting o-line (was he?) - he certainly didn't seem to have too many holes to run through.  He needs open space to be effective.

405690[/snapback]

He had some work in the first half as well where I think he was in with atleat some of the starters.

You know what was particularly funny? There was a point where some drunk ran onto the field. So they naturally take the camera off the field, and show a shot of Favre and a couple of guys on the sidelines. McGuire is making a comment about some chucklehead on the field..."and it looks like security is about to get him..."

And then you suddenly saw Brett's eyes get big and the entire stadium yell "OOOOHHH!!!" I would have given anything to have seen that hit. I had to rewind it three times because it clearly seemed like something out of a Bud Lite commercial.

405664[/snapback]

when all of the networks got together and decided to never show these incidents, they completely dropped the ball. people don't do this so they'll get on TV. they do it because they are schitt-faced drunk or completely insane. in either case, it is entertaining as hell and i want to see it! :D

when all of the networks got together and decided to never show these incidents, they completely dropped the ball.  people don't do this so they'll get on TV.  they do it because they are schitt-faced drunk or completely insane.  in either case, it is entertaining as hell and i want to see it!  :D

405705[/snapback]

Wouldn't be funny if a guy hopped on the field, deked everybody on their fannies, and then streaked down the field doing the 100 in 8.5?

Sign him! sign him! :P

did anyone catch the preseason game between the packers and chargers. they put sproles in after halftime.

i really liked this guy in college, and thaught that even though he is small, he could be a great RB in the NFL.

well i watched him run up the middle, and get KILLED by a 320 lbs lineman.  looked like he flew back 5 yards. hes listed as 5-7 170lbs. bounced back up and ran back to the huddle, to do the same thing again. when hes hit, its liek they are hitting a small child. its crazy. it was awsome to watch. i was laughing so hard.  :P but i was cheering for him to.

he had some good catches though. and made a guy miss a few times. 

so did yall watch it. and what did you think of sproles? i really wanted the bills to draft this guy.

405624[/snapback]

Why did you hope for that? We already have Shaud who's proven himself. :D