Update on Roscoe Parrish

VABills

The fact that we haven't heard anything almost 2 days after the injury has me extremely nervous. If it was a simple fracture, we would have known. Maybe the same if it was soft tissue damage. The fact that so much time has gone by makes me think that this is a serious injury, and the team dr's are trying to decide the best corse of action.

Anybody have any ideas?

I have a feeling this may be the end of his season. Man I hope I am wrong....

406018[/snapback]

:D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that we haven't heard anything almost 2 days after the injury has me extremely nervous. If it was a simple fracture, we would have known. Maybe the same if it was soft tissue damage. The fact that so much time has gone by makes me think that this is a serious injury, and the team dr's are trying to decide the best corse of action.

Anybody have any ideas?

406018[/snapback]

Maybe they're replacing his hand with a hook. ARRRRGHHHH! :D

Anybody have any ideas?

406018[/snapback]

Last year, everyone here was getting a bit sore because the Bengals released no information about wr Peter Warrick's season-ending injuries. Finally, HC Lewis said that there are laws prohibiting the release of medical records.

Okay -- that's it -- no more Miami Hurricanes should ever play football along Lake Erie.  (Parrish, Everett, McGahee, Winslow)  Obviously they are too soft for the rust belt.

406090[/snapback]

Didn't seem to hurt Jimbo any...

(Yeah! 1000th post)

Okay -- that's it -- no more Miami Hurricanes should ever play football along Lake Erie.  (Parrish, Everett, McGahee, Winslow)  Obviously they are too soft for the rust belt.

406090[/snapback]

TIME OUT!

How in the blue hell can you call McGahee soft?! He's one of the premier RB's in the league and a little over two years ago doctor's told him he probably wouldn't ever play again.

Are you high?

TIME OUT!

How in the blue hell can you call McGahee soft?! He's one of the premier RB's in the league and a little over two years ago doctor's told him he probably wouldn't ever play again.

Are you high?

406110[/snapback]

a) take a pill, read the post again, reflect on the sarcasm and obvious overexageration

b) it is far too early to consider McGahee one of the premiere RBs in the league

c) no I'm not high

TIME IN!

Sprains involve soft tissue such as muscle, ligaments, and tendons where fractures involve bones. It is possible to injure a joint seriously enough without breaking a bone (like a shoulder) where it takes longer to recover from the sprain than if the guy say, busted his collar bone. Serious sprains can also lead to chronic instability of a joint, like the ankle or shoulder whereas most bones usually heal well. There are always exceptions, of course.

RTB

Sprains involve soft tissue such as muscle, ligaments, and tendons where fractures involve bones. It is possible to injure a joint seriously enough without breaking a bone (like a shoulder) where it takes longer to recover from the sprain than if the guy say, busted his collar bone. Serious sprains can also lead to chronic instability of a joint, like the ankle or shoulder whereas most bones usually heal well. There are always exceptions, of course.

RTB

406190[/snapback]

Thanx! RTB :D

I just read this on WGR's front page......what's the deal??

"Buffalo, NY (WGR 550)- Bills second round pick Roscoe Parrish has had sucessful wrist surgery today in Buffalo. Parrish hurt it Wednesday night when he dove for a ball and Jabari Greer landed on top of him.

This does not seem to be a season ending injury and Parrish could be back some time in September."

I wish we could get the real story for cripes sake........

I just read this on WGR's front page......what's the deal??

"Buffalo, NY (WGR 550)- Bills second round pick Roscoe Parrish has had sucessful wrist surgery today in Buffalo. Parrish hurt it Wednesday night when he dove for a ball and Jabari Greer landed on top of him.

This does not seem to be a season ending injury and Parrish could be back some time in September."

I wish we could get the real story for cripes sake........

406204[/snapback]

I'm more likely to believe this story...the NFL Network has, in its short history, a good record of screwing up stories and putting up incorrect reports. Besides, I'll always trust a local reporter over a national one.

I'm more likely to believe this story...the NFL Network has, in its short history, a good record of screwing up stories and putting up incorrect reports.  Besides, I'll always trust a local reporter over a national one.

406210[/snapback]

yeh but didn't wgrz report the Bills had released Rob Johnson and kept Doug Flutie?