TD looking to fit Corey Simon under the cap

Its been all over the Trenton Times and 610 in Philly is reporting the same thing. I didnt believe the first story but even after TD and the Eagles pres said they havent talked they again reported that TD is looking into fitting him under the cap. Apparently we have made an offer for a 2nd and 3rd for Corey Simon. Seems steep to me but whatever.

I posted this same thing on the Bills-zone board and a guy who lives in Philly said its been circulating down there.

TD is also apparently trying to get Clements a long term deal before the season starts and if he cant fit both, he will fit Clements in first.

Heres what the Philly guy said:

Mark Eckel from the Trenton Times is the beat reporter for the Eagles for the Sporting News..... The Trenton Times is very credible..... Eckel also reports on 610AM WIP, the 24 hour sports talk radio station where most of the rumors flow through..... Again, the deal on the table is a 2006 2nd and 3rd round pick for Simon..... Donahoe is working on the cap now to see if he can do it..... the dilemma is that he is quietly working on a contract extension for Clements, and wants to get it done before the season starts..... if he can make both deals happen, he will, if he can't, he's going to priortize with Clements..... forget all of the 'trade Moulds or Evans' crap, it ain't gonna happen, this is the deal..... I apologize if I don't have any links, but I am from Philadelphia (live in L.A. now) and have dozens of friends and family who are reporting this, as they have seen it on the news and all listen to WIP..... no guarantees, but let's cross our fingers for Donahoe to make it ALL happen, and this team will be one step closer to being a real force.....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been all over the Trenton Times and 610 in Philly is reporting the same thing. I didnt believe the first story but even after TD and the Eagles pres said they havent talked they again reported that TD is looking into fitting him under the cap. Apparently we have made an offer for a 2nd and 3rd for Corey Simon. Seems steep to me but whatever.

I posted this same thing on the Bills-zone board and a guy who lives in Philly said its been circulating down there.

TD is also apparently trying to get Clements a long term deal before the season starts and if he cant fit both, he will fit Clements in first.

Heres what the Philly guy said:

Mark Eckel from the Trenton Times is the beat reporter for the Eagles for the Sporting News..... The Trenton Times is very credible..... Eckel also reports on 610AM WIP, the 24 hour sports talk radio station where most of the rumors flow through..... Again, the deal on the table is a 2006 2nd and 3rd round pick for Simon..... Donahoe is working on the cap now to see if he can do it..... the dilemma is that he is quietly working on a contract extension for Clements, and wants to get it done before the season starts..... if he can make both deals happen, he will, if he can't, he's going to priortize with Clements..... forget all of the 'trade Moulds or Evans' crap, it ain't gonna happen, this is the deal..... I apologize if I don't have any links, but I am from Philadelphia (live in L.A. now) and have dozens of friends and family who are reporting this, as they have seen it on the news and all listen to WIP..... no guarantees, but let's cross our fingers for Donahoe to make it ALL happen, and this team will be one step closer to being a real force.....

403032[/snapback]

A 2nd and a 3rd seems like a lot to give up, although we have a spare 3rd. Which begs the question: who's 3rd does Philly get...The Bills or the Titans?

Is this a good deal? Is Simon a player we want? Is he a malcontent?

PTR

A 2nd is giving up too much.

Our Titans 3rd plus Josh Reed seems fair to me. Corey Simon isn't exactly the next coming of Ted Washington for us. Don't forget, there are multiple reasons for the Eagles wanting to trade him:

1. He's expensive.

2. He's lazy.

3. His overall production has steadily declined for the past few years.