Is everyone actually this stupid....

Rayzer32

IT WAS A FREAKING SCRIMMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The so-called NFL gurus are labeling him as pretty much a bust already? along with some ignorant, glass is half empty, fans. What did we do drafting this loser, oh my god someone shoot TD already. :blink:

Give me a break with all this crap already. What has the guy done in live game action when it counts??? thrown maybe, what 2-3 passes in hostile conditions, actually taken part in how many plays, under a dozen??? Now, he ALMOST throws 1 int and goes 6/11 in a meaningless, CONTROLLED scrimmage. Oh no, his career is over.

Does anyone remember pre-season last year. JP looked better than average and EVERYONE, including the retarded NFL gurus, had wood for Losman..........now all of a sudden he sucks. I don't get it. Let the dude start 2,3,4 games before even thinking how good or bad he might turn out.

Until I see different with my own eyes, I have full confidence in the kid. I guess if we don't win the next 3 SBs, then JP was a worthless pick in some eyes. I would be extremely happy with a winning record or a playoff appearance this year.

Man, that retard rollercoaster is jam packed already. I'm going to go puke now....AGAIN!!!

The negativity gets old, doesn't it? It quite often takes years for even the best QBs to fully settle into their role as a starter. Many on this board would have cut Peyton Manning after he threw 12 INTs in his first 4 games a rookie (and only 3 TD passes).

Rayzer--I hope they continue to say bad things about JP throughout the preseason.

Look at this kid's life. He has had to travel the difficult path to success at every stop:

- Growing up around drugs and gangs and his racial make-up making him at outcast at every turn

- People pressuring him to become the hometown college hero and him following the road to New Orleans

- Branded as too cocky/bad attitude out of college (I seem to remember the last kid we drafted with this type of reputation -- I think we called him the pizza kid when we drafted him--turned out okay)

- It seems only natural that the gurus would criticize his play right now after only a week of training camp and one scrimmage where he converted third downs, showed mobility and more importantly the ability to make plays on the move but made some mistakes..

This kid will not give up. He will not cave into pressure. This kid has faced pressure all his life. 65,000 hostile Packer fans is nothing compared to what this kid has probably dealt with in his life.

As far as the critics--bring it on...it will only motivate him more. Its important that his teammates and the fans, particularly those he sees every day at training camp; downtown near his condo, stay with him..in essence they are his family now. I saw enough Friday night to tell you he has the potential to be special...we need to let him grow into the role and we have the supporting cast around him to allow that to happen. This could be a lot of fun.

Rayzer--I hope they continue to say bad things about JP throughout the preseason. 

Look at this kid's life.  He has had to travel the difficult path to success at every stop:

- Growing up around drugs and gangs and his racial make-up making him at outcast at every turn

- People pressuring him to become the hometown college hero and him following the road to New Orleans

- Branded as too cocky/bad attitude out of college (I seem to remember the last kid we drafted with this type of reputation -- I think we called him the pizza kid when we drafted him--turned out okay)

- It seems only natural that the gurus would criticize his play right now after only a week of training camp and one scrimmage where he converted third downs, showed mobility and more importantly the ability to make plays on the move but made some mistakes..

This kid will not give up.  He will not cave into pressure.  This kid has faced pressure all his life.  65,000 hostile Packer fans is nothing compared to what this kid has probably dealt with in his life. 

As far as the critics--bring it on...it will only motivate him more.  Its important that his teammates and the fans, particularly those he sees every day at training camp; downtown near his condo, stay with him..in essence they are his family now.  I saw enough Friday night to tell you he has the potential to be special...we need to let him grow into the role and we have the supporting cast around him to allow that to happen.  This could be a lot of fun.

401368[/snapback]

I agree. He saw first hand how DB was treated by the fans and media here and he knows he will need to do good to shut up all the critics.

From his personality and the attitude he has shown in just his first two years in Buffalo, he has not shown any weakness whatsoever, and seems to welcome the challenge to prove everyone wrong without an ounce of fright.

He is not used to failing and sure does not want to start here.

[sCM]

I for one have had it.

Here's a list of what's wrong with JP!

No one person could possible come up with all the bad things that make up this poor lost soul who thinks he can play QB in the NFL, so please feel free to add your own complaints. Piling on is allowed - after all, it's only the preseason. Time's a-wastin'. Let's make sure all the spleens are vented before the games count.

He wasn't a First #1 Pick in the Draft

He got hurt last year

He's the reason Drool Blewdope isn't on the team

He's Hispanic

He's gay

He Left California to play in ToolLane and upset ALOT of people along the way

His teammates don't respect him

He was seen throwing incomplete passes in practice

He was seen throwing interceptions in practice

He runs too much

He has happy feet

He has a happy face

He wears #7 like that do-no-good doper midget did

He may not run enough

He can't throw the long ball enough

He throws the long ball too much

He can't think on his feet

He studies the playbook too much

He watches too much film

He throws the short pass better than GooeyDuck Drewy

He gets the shotgun snapped at his shoelaces

He wears a red jersey in practice when the rest of the offense wears white

He has long hair

He looks like Adam Sandler

He's smarter than Adam Sandler

He's not as funny as Adam Sandler

He doesn't have a strong NorthWesternPassage Father to go home to every offseason

He's not married

He doesn't have kids

He makes too much money

He scares a lot of people

He didn't complete all his passes against Green Bay

He didn't score any touchhdowns against Green Bay

He likes Brett Fah-vrey in his shirtless red short outfit - with or without spiked heels

He's Mularkey's pet

He's Tom Clements play thing

He's the object of Sam Whyche's eye

He'll never win a Superbowl in his first year

He didn't win a Superbowl in his rookie year

He drives a truck

He doesn't have a lawn to mow

He hangs out in downtown Buffalo

He's never had a Garbage Plate with the boys of TBD

The fans of Green Bay AND the NY JESTS don't like him

Clayton and Kyper stopped blowing each other just long enough to diss him

He hasn't guaranteed a Superbowl win yet

He hasn't guaranteed ANY wins yet

He hasn't dominated any opposing defenses yet

He's not macho enough for me to vicariously buttress my manhood with his on-the-field accomplishments

He isn't Kelly, Marino, Elway, Fouts, Favre, Jurgenson, Kilmer, P.Manning, McNabb, Unitas, Brady, Aikman, OR Bledsoe

He's just JP and that's simply not enough for so many who want to cry in their beer all day long

[/sCM]

[sCM]

I for one have had it.

Here's a list of what's wrong with JP!

No one person could possible come up with all the bad things that make up this poor lost soul who thinks he can play QB in the NFL, so please feel free to add your own complaints. Piling on is allowed - after all, it's only the preseason. Time's a-wastin'. Let's make sure all the spleens are vented before the games count.

He wasn't a First #1 Pick in the Draft

He got hurt last year

He's the reason Drool Blewdope isn't on the team

He's Hispanic

He's gay

He Left California to play in ToolLane and upset ALOT of people along the way

His teammates don't respect him

He was seen throwing incomplete passes in practice

He was seen throwing interceptions in practice

He runs too much

He has happy feet

He has a happy face

He wears #7 like that do-no-good doper midget did

He may not run enough

He can't throw the long ball enough

He throws the long ball too much

He can't think on his feet

He studies the playbook too much

He watches too much film

He throws the short pass better than GooeyDuck Drewy

He gets the shotgun snapped at his shoelaces

He wears a red jersey in practice when the rest of the offense wears white

He has long hair

He looks like Adam Sandler

He's smarter than Adam Sandler

He's not as funny as Adam Sandler

He doesn't have a strong NorthWesternPassage Father to go home to every offseason

He's not married

He doesn't have kids

He makes too much money

He scares a lot of people

He didn't complete all his passes against Green Bay

He didn't score any touchhdowns against Green Bay

He likes Brett Fah-vrey in his shirtless red short outfit - with or without spiked heels

He's Mularkey's pet

He's Tom Clements play thing

He's the object of Sam Whyche's eye

He'll never win a Superbowl in his first year

He didn't win a Superbowl in his rookie year

He drives a truck

He doesn't have a lawn to mow

He hangs out in downtown Buffalo

He's never had a Garbage Plate with the boys of TBD

The fans of Green Bay AND the NY JESTS don't like him

Clayton and Kyper stopped blowing each other just long enough to diss him

He hasn't guaranteed a Superbowl win yet

He hasn't guaranteed ANY wins yet

He hasn't dominated any opposing defenses yet

He's not macho enough for me to vicariously buttress my manhood with his on-the-field accomplishments

He isn't Kelly, Marino, Elway, Fouts, Favre, Jurgenson, Kilmer, P.Manning, McNabb, Unitas, Brady, Aikman,  OR Bledsoe

He's just JP and that's simply not enough for so many who want to cry in their beer all day long

[/sCM]

401386[/snapback]

Just about says it all..... :blink::P;)

but...

but...

but...

if ESPN can grade a team's draft after the 1st day of the draft, why can't we form our conclusions before the regular season even starts?

401385[/snapback]

Because E$PN is a form of sports dictatorship...they will shove their opinions down our throats so we believe what they believe. And many sports fans are brainwashed by their garbage.

Are these the same critics that think Eli Manning will be a great NFL QB.  I guess from now on JP should only play against the 3rd and 4th string guys.

401392[/snapback]

That's a great point. Last year in how many starts (I can't remember) Eli Manning looked terrible. But yet, all the blowhards still say he will be just as good or better than Peyton. Now that these same blowhards have seen JP's so-so performance in a scrimmage, no less, he sucks.

I guess because JP doesn't blow the media like the Mannings or Brady then he just plain sucks.

There are those on this board, and you know who you are, that believe that because JP is playing in Buffalo, naturally the media's out to screw him.

JP is the one who has to excel. He might not do it this year or even in '06, but I firmly believe that JP's going to be the Man in Buffalo for the next several years.

I say, screw the self-appointed experts and so-called naysayers. We're Bills fans, for God's sake. We don't need national affirmation.

In closing, I use the following from a sign I saw at the Ralph during the 1993 AFC Championship win over the Chiefs.

WE'RE BACK. DEAL WITH IT, AMERICA. :blink:

Mike

The negativity gets old,  doesn't it?  It quite often takes years for even the best QBs to fully settle into their role as a starter.  Many on this board would have cut Peyton Manning after he threw 12 INTs in his first 4 games a rookie (and only 3 TD passes).

401364[/snapback]

You forget, many on this board don't respect Manning and what he's done in the league. For whatever reasons, he just sux. If it were possible, I'd take him over DB in a heartbeat last year!

One of the best things I see about JP so far is actually that he takes being trained by the Bills braintrust (and even them jerking him around a bit) pretty well. He has taken criticism of his play as constructive criticism, acknowledged his own short comings and seems to be focused on doint the right things to one day become a productive QB in the NFL.

Specifically:

1. He clearly showed cockiness and brashness right from the start (something we fans like as Jim Kelly was also obnoxious off the field but backed it up with a good performance on the field... if one is cocky but do not back this up with on-field production then you're Jeff George and fans will have little patience with you). JP's brashness had him taking some liberties with the QBs practice tutu and pull down the ball and run instead of trying to work the pass play. Troy Vincent took him down a notch by giving him a shove which ended up fracturing his leg. The best thing a about JP though rather than going into a funk and whining because Vincent violated the rules JP was taking advantage, I was impressed that JP seemed to take this lesson like a man and just STFU. I think this was a great move by JP and showed the team and the coaches he was teamplayer rather than a primadonna.

2. The second thing of import I believe happened was that though JP did the right thing by simply STFU, it does not appear that he was as diligent as he could have been during his enforced absence simply soaking up the Wyche knowledge (it simply was a unique opportunity to have a former HC with great offensive chops acting as the QB coach and I hope JP took advantage of this incredibly rare opportunity because in college he showed great physical tools, but though he was great making plays off the cuff while running for his life at Tulane it was really this skull work he was missing in his game).

However, the unconfirmed rumor is that though he did well by not whining about his injury he was not as diligent as he could be in his downtime. This theory would seem to be confirmed by MM simply jerking JPs head around by throwing him in to mop-up the NE game.

He was horrbile at the end of this game as he clearly was not prepared to excel and it seems even to play in his first game in uniform on the sideline. he relied on his great physical talents but without the coorinated skull work with the team he not only threw an INT but fumbled.

The great thing about JP was that again rather than whining, he flat out admitted he was unprepared and publicly commited himself to working harder to get better (a commitment he seemed to fulfill this offseason). His elders taught him the lesson that any time you put on the uniform you must be prepared to play and cover your teamates back. It seems this message was received by JP.

3. The third thing of import from last years' events was that his game clearly showed problems but measured improvement every step of the way. These improvements were not huge and he still is no where near adequacy as an NFL QB (as he showed Friday- good command of himself but little more than some good and some bad results and no TD passes even in several short redzone attempts) but he did demonstrate he was learning lessons and improving wwith each outing:

Outing #1: Disaster as he was thrown into the NE game and had an INT and fumble to show for it.

#2: Performed far better in mop-up duty. Was still a very flawed performance as he came in with plenty of time to prepare after a TV timeout and change of possession but still took a delay of game penalty as he failed to take even rudimentary control of the huddle. The good news if I remember correctly was that fortunately he handed off the ball properly on 3 or four straight plays and led the team to its first TD under his leadership in this laugher for the Bills. Leading the team in this way was no wonderful amazing job on his part, but was far better than his first pro performance and a reversal of his initial flawed start.

#3: Things again got off to a "better" but slow start. This time he showed enough precense of mind to avoid the delay of game penalty but did this by unfortunately having to call a TO when his job was to move the ball and burn time as the Bills built up such a significant lead he had tons of mop-up time.

Yet, things were really good this time as he not only led the team to a TD, but hit a nice pass to Trafford doing this and even converted a crucial third into a 1st with his legs to keep the clock moving. The main play flaw in this great performance was after picking up the first he hit a defender hard unecesarily to pick up a couple of meaningless yards since he clearly already had the first. Nevertheless this ballsyness was fun to watch even though it was a stupid rookie move.

I was really impressed that JP showed clear signs of being trainable and learning even though there were still miles to go.

This is how the scrimmage Friday struck me. JP showed some good signs as he had command of the huddle and team. He got off to a great start and moved the ball. However, he also showed some judgment errors which indicate though his progress is more than acceptable from my view (I think Kiper is wrong to label the performance as iffy) though he cleary still has a ways to go before he is an adequate NFL QB when the real games start.

He has shown such good trainability that I am fairly confident that TC/MM will be able to rein him into being Trent Dilferesque and emphasize not making mistakes and like last year with the often inadequate QB play of Bledsoe still win games going away behind great D and ST play.

Because E$PN is a form of sports dictatorship...they will shove their opinions down our throats so we believe what they believe.  And many sports fans are brainwashed by their garbage.

401389[/snapback]

I have often posted, that there are some regular posters on this board who know more than the "experts". Of course there is one regular poster who claims to have inside info that the Bills had already written of Losman as a bust...go figure.

I for one am willing to give the kid at least a season to make any sort of judgement. He hasn't even played a game yet. A scrimmage is not the same thing! Everyone relax!