Throwback question

Little bored, thought I would just ask a completely random question. For the Bills last Super Bowl run, I believe I was 13. So please bare with if I get some of the facts wrong. After Reich led the comeback and us to a victory in Pittsburgh, Kelly came back and won in Miami. But as I recall, he was fairly shaky. Now I know what I'm going to say is blasphemy, but should Reich have start the Bowl? I love Kelly, but Reich just seemed like he had something special going. And it raises another question. What are the terms for replacing a starter? It use to be you couldn't lose your job to injury but that was thrown of with Brady for Bledsoe. And before I get destroyed, it was always a question I wondered what Bills' fans thought about. And it's Friday!!! :P

Little bored, thought I would just ask a completely random question.  For the Bills last Super Bowl run, I believe I was 13. So please bare with if I get some of the facts wrong.  After Reich led the comeback and us to a victory in Pittsburgh, Kelly came back and won in Miami.  But as I recall, he was fairly shaky.  Now I know what I'm going to say is blasphemy, but should Reich have start the Bowl?  I love Kelly, but Reich just seemed like he had something special going.  And it raises another question.  What are the terms for replacing a starter?  It use to be you couldn't lose your job to injury but that was thrown of with Brady for Bledsoe.  And before I get destroyed, it was always a question I wondered what Bills' fans thought about.  And it's Friday!!!  :P

393527[/snapback]

We won that game 29-10. Kelly wasn't great but he didn't have to be (we murdered them with screens and counters). Also, when he left the SB, we were behind by a TD. The rest of that abortion had nothing to do with him and everything to do with a team meltdown.

Little bored, thought I would just ask a completely random question.  For the Bills last Super Bowl run, I believe I was 13. So please bare with if I get some of the facts wrong.  After Reich led the comeback and us to a victory in Pittsburgh, Kelly came back and won in Miami.  But as I recall, he was fairly shaky.  Now I know what I'm going to say is blasphemy, but should Reich have start the Bowl?  I love Kelly, but Reich just seemed like he had something special going.  And it raises another question.  What are the terms for replacing a starter?  It use to be you couldn't lose your job to injury but that was thrown of with Brady for Bledsoe.  And before I get destroyed, it was always a question I wondered what Bills' fans thought about.  And it's Friday!!!  :P

393527[/snapback]

I dont mean to sound like an ass, but i tihnk that was third super bowl...our last one, i believe we beat the raiders, then knocked montana and the chiefs out in the AFC championship...

as for your question, i think starting Kelly was the right move...As stated, the game was a total team meltdown, and i dont think reich would have fared any better...plus, could you imagine the reaction if we had announced the Reich was starting the SB? People would have gone nuts, and not in a good way...

When the Dolphins went undefeated, Bob Griese was hurt most of the season, starting in week 5. Earl Morrall, over the hill and clearly inferior, won all of the next 10 games, even a playoff game. But Shula benched Morrall for his starter when his starter was able to play, in the AFC Championship game, and they won the Super Bowl. This wasn't a question of, say, Willis, who was clearly a better player than the guy he overtook staying in after the former starter is healthy. Kelly was clearly the better player, regardless of how well reich played when he was sent in. Kelly was definitely the right call.

... And it raises another question.  What are the terms for replacing a starter?  It use to be you couldn't lose your job to injury but that was thrown of with Brady for Bledsoe.  And before I get destroyed, it was always a question I wondered what Bills' fans thought about.  And it's Friday!!!  :P

393527[/snapback]

You start who you think you should start for whatever reason makes sense to you. There have never been terms or rules. Not losing your job to injury is just an adage that sports talk clowns like to repeat. It happens all the time. When it's non-stars, nobody cares. When it's a famous player, they pull that chestnut out to have something to talk about.